Menu

Ignore this thread!

I got the laundry put away and cleaned off the Chair of Doom.  And found my favorite brown sock.  And got the retaining wall propped up and cleaned most of the accompanying mud off my shoes.   I’ve rearranged the monthly menu to give myself some extra time to get meals made. Next I have to give a bunch of money to the girls’ teacher.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Home from the gym, now waiting for dh to heat up dinner leftovers, eat and head out to 4-H.  

I did 6 miles towards my 100 miles at the gym today, only 87 more to go.    I also tried out the funky stairs machine to see what it was like.  If felt like walking very sloooooowly up a flight of stairs.  I could have adjusted the speed but I just wanted to see how it felt on my knee.  I only did 2 minutes since I just tried it out right before we left.  But I think I"m going to add it to my workout plan.  There are no steps at home or the science center or anywhere I regularly go in my life (except the gym, bathrooms are downstairs), and it will definitely work some different muscles.

I also got on the scale and I seem to have lost the 10 pounds I put on over the holidays.   I'm not counting my chickens firmly yet because my weight fluctuates like crazy but I'm sure that at least means it's heading in the right direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I got the laundry put away and cleaned off the Chair of Doom.  And found my favorite brown sock.  And got the retaining wall propped up and cleaned most of the accompanying mud off my shoes.   I’ve rearranged the monthly menu to give myself some extra time to get meals made. Next I have to give a bunch of money to the girls’ teacher.

Thank you for reminding me that I had an invoice waiting from our music teacher.

• Like 2

Oh! I didn't tell you guys about this recent finding in my health. For years I've been convinced I have an autoimmune disorder related to food. As an example if I eat gluten my gums, nose and ears bleed. I also get very inflamed and it exacerbates my back pain, I get migraines... All kinds of things. If I eat gluten I know within 15 minutes. That's just one example. I also have issues with grains in general, milk and other food.

Well, there's a guy who goes to my church who has a double major in general practice and Diagnostics. He loves talking to me because of my health issues and knowledge. Well, a few days ago he called me and we chatted for about half an hour. He warned me beforehand he was going to ask me personal questions which I don't mind but he asked me things like if he flicked my cervix what would the pain feel like and the consistency of my bowel movements. At the end of the conversation he told me to Google B Cell Immunodeficiency. This is not an autoimmune disorder but a lack of immunity. I have almost every symptom. I cannot give you a single symptom that I have that could not be tied to this. My childhood illnesses that have gone away, my chronic pain and fatigue, reaction to illness. Everything. It explains everything. I need to read more about it and see what I can do. There is no cure. It feels really good to have a better grasp on things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

EdPo: Today I ordered IEW A and VideoText Modules A-C. I have a little leftover for analytical grammar. I’m thinking we get IEW down before tackling a lit program. That sound ok?

Perfect.

7 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Both are yummy. What do you have on hand?

Neither. Neither sounds good. I just need something in the cereal.

22 hours ago, Slache said:

8 more months of this.

This is what I get for not checking in every day.  Slachie, are you pregnant?  You know I was kidding when I asked if you wanted to get in on the whole pregnancy thing, right?  I love that you did this for me, though 🥰  

ITT baby boo-yah!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, ikslo said:

This is what I get for not checking in every day.  Slachie, are you pregnant?  You know I was kidding when I asked if you wanted to get in on the whole pregnancy thing, right?  I love that you did this for me, though 🥰  

ITT baby boo-yah!

I couldn't decide between PMing you and just letting you find out. I told spuds it was your fault. I'm still mad.

15 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Neither.  Wine.  Preferably red.

Ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Thank you for reminding me that I had an invoice waiting from our music teacher.

Oh, shucks, so do I!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Do I want almond milk or coconut milk or something else? I want cereal. Don't say cow juice.

Almond, cashew, or macademia. Coconut milk is too strong, but it can depend on which cereal you're putting it in.

17 minutes ago, Slache said:

*eats coco pebbles*

*without milk*

My contribution to babiness:

179219_1596992851473_1738115_n.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Oh! I didn't tell you guys about this recent finding in my health. For years I've been convinced I have an autoimmune disorder related to food. As an example if I eat gluten my gums, nose and ears bleed. I also get very inflamed and it exacerbates my back pain, I get migraines... All kinds of things. If I eat gluten I know within 15 minutes. That's just one example. I also have issues with grains in general, milk and other food.

Well, there's a guy who goes to my church who has a double major in general practice and Diagnostics. He loves talking to me because of my health issues and knowledge. Well, a few days ago he called me and we chatted for about half an hour. He warned me beforehand he was going to ask me personal questions which I don't mind but he asked me things like if he flicked my cervix what would the pain feel like and the consistency of my bowel movements. At the end of the conversation he told me to Google B Cell Immunodeficiency. This is not an autoimmune disorder but a lack of immunity. I have almost every symptom. I cannot give you a single symptom that I have that could not be tied to this. My childhood illnesses that have gone away, my chronic pain and fatigue, reaction to illness. Everything. It explains everything. I need to read more about it and see what I can do. There is no cure. It feels really good to have a better grasp on things.

So is this something that you could get a cheap and easy blood test for?  Or somethin?  Treatments?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So is this something that you could get a cheap and easy blood test for?  Or somethin?  Treatments?

No. The test is horrible and painful and can permanently disable you. No treatment. I'm ok with that. I never expected to get better. Now I have a much better idea of what it is and what to expect. I'm happy with that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

iTired. We had McDonald’s for dinner. I got home from a parent meeting an hour after I planned, with a splitting headache. It was 6:00 and I knew the enchiladas were not going to get made tonight. It wasn’t the parent’s fault. He’s a very nice dad. It was the @#$&€£§ wi-if at the public library’s fault. So, we had McDonald’s.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Dh is going to go to work today - maybe half a day.  I have an appointment with my health coach and need to stop by the bank afterwards. Might get in some time for tidying at some point.  Falafel tacos for dinner.  The kids liked the ones I made on Sunday, so I froze a bunch.  Hopefully they will be good reheated.  Kids' orchestra tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 5