Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 1/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, Servant4Christ said:

I've seriously considered MFW every single year. I have a local friend who really enjoys it.

It worked well with my oldest, not so much with the youngest. But, it may be because I'm older and more tired and nothing is working right now.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, Slache said:

I'm pregnant.

I told you! Sheesh. I don't know why you don't believe me when I tell you things the first time. Going out and getting "evidence" and stuff...

On 1/9/2020 at 3:51 AM, Slache said:

Cockroaches in EVERY apartment!

An unresponsive and LYING staff!

BROKEN ACs and water heaters in select units!

Apply today!

I also told you to do this. Did you do it????

On 1/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, Paradox5 said:

Cadbury's or Belgian. Though Toblerone is yummy. I miss the sweets we could buy in Europe/UK. The first Christmas Scotsman was here, he asked his family for a box of British sweeties. They sent a big one filled with all sorts of delectable treats. Funnily enough though, when his sister got married, she asked us to send a box full of different kinds of Hershey's Kisses.

For some reason, Toblerone doesn't taste the same to me here as when I was in Germany. It was my favorite chocolate when I lived there.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, Servant4Christ said:

I can't stand Hershey's kisses. I only use them for the front end (smoke stack) of the engine when making candy trains at Christmas time.

Me neither! Tastes like faded chocolate. Or something like that...

On 1/8/2020 at 7:10 AM, Susan in TN said:

We just got a message from her!  Doing OK. (We are using WhatsApp)

Wait, where is she again?...

The 8th, is when our 8 year old left us. By the 9th, we had a 9 year old. 😄 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No one is up yet?  It’s 4 am and I’m waiting (hopefully) for my magnesium and electrolytes to hopefully stop the intense cramping. And stretching. But I really want to be sleeping like Juliet who is snoring. 

I've been up for an hour and a quarter. I'd rather be asleep.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No one is up yet?  It’s 4 am and I’m waiting (hopefully) for my magnesium and electrolytes to hopefully stop the intense cramping. And stretching. But I really want to be sleeping like Juliet who is snoring. 

I'm sorry about the cramping 😞

I've unfortunately been awake for the past hour, it is not time to get up yet and I am hoping for a little more sleep.

I'm stuffy and sneezy.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Today my baby is 11 years old!  She will be greeted this morning by a (stuffed) owl delivering her acceptance into Hogwarts letter. Baked French toast with fresh berries for Birthday Breakfast.

How are Texas and Arkansas people after the storms last night?

Another mishap yesterday was that I seem to have lost my freezer-meal planning notebook. I might have left it at the hospital on Wednesday but I don’t think so.  I have a list of all the basic meals planned but will have to redo everything else  😭

Storms are moving through this afternoon but will not likely be severe. 

Coffee!

• Like 6

Morning.  It's going to be super warm here today and tomorrow.

We're going to a funeral this morning.  Another one of our neighbor's died.  Dh is friendly with the woman's boyfriend (he's the one who fixed our roof).   She evidently had an alcohol problem and was "doing Tylenol" along with it.  When warned about the dangers, evidently said she wanted to die under her own terms.  😢

• Sad 7

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!

Slept in till a little past 7:30. Felt very nice.

Gotta go to the Afsa today. I think I will have to go in person because I have a prescription to pick up and a few other things that I can’t order for grocery pickup.

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I second slept and dreamt that I was part of some kind of Incredibles family who invented things with found objects. The villains did the same. It was incredibly complex and intense.  

I'm glad you got some sleep!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did I tell y'all that I got the tree down last weekend?  Go me. 

This weekend is lazy (as is evidenced by the fact that I'm still in my pj's and it's noon).  Dh and I have a date night tonight, and the temps are mild so we are going to one of our favorite port cities, and our fave Mexican restaurant. 

I had planned on starting our Chaucer study last September, but procrastinated.  It has paid off.  We finally started it last week and it's aligning perfectly with our British history lessons.  Another win for laziness!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I just spent 80 minutes folding laundry. I need to start throwing folding parties at the dinning room table.

47 minutes ago, maize said:

I want self-folding laundry.

46 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Or get a really good audiobook.

I prop up my iPad and binge watch tv shows.

26 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

You need to quit folding laundry. Cold turkey.  

That sounds like the best idea. I’d go with that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

The chickpea tomato soup is done and we dropped sleepover guest at her house on the way to Hobby Lobby to buy a birthday gift.  Now I have to go reorganize the freezer so I can fit all the soup in it.  Our afternoon activities have been postponed until tomorrow.

Did you taste it?

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I got yelled at by my ob/gyn for hauling drywall while pregnant. That bathroom wasn’t going to demolish itself. 

Ducklings. She’s got ducklings. 

I remember the time a neighbor wanted to show me something so I partially climbed the coyote fence so I could see. I was about 7 months pregnant with Gymnast, and once up, couldn't get down. My spatial awareness and perception were off, so I had to yell for dh to come get me down. The ob/gyn didn't yell at me because I didn't tell her...

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The chickpea tomato soup is done and we dropped sleepover guest at her house on the way to Hobby Lobby to buy a birthday gift.  Now I have to go reorganize the freezer so I can fit all the soup in it.  Our afternoon activities have been postponed until tomorrow.

That recipe is the second chickpea recipe my dh - who says he doesn't like chickpeas - liked. It is forever on the rotation list now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The taco beef (It's actually half beef and half ground turkey - did I tell you I got *4* packages of ground beef at half price at Aldi yesterday?  Score!) is cooked and in the freezer.  I made the corn chowder and did some freezer organizing and was able to fit 5 containers of chickpea tomato and 6 containers of the corn chowder in there.  Now I'm just going to sit here for a few minutes.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have about 5-6 cups of (canned) chickpeas leftover.  I'm toying with the idea of trying to make some falafel.  One recipe I found said you should absolutely NOT used canned chickpeas to make falafel, but other recipes use canned.  Or I could make tahini-less hummus.

The other recipe dh liked with chickpeas was one I made with tomatillos and chicken. I'll have to find the recipe. It was good, though.

• Like 1

I'm still getting the runaround from the apartment. I froze my checking account so I don't pay the application fee. That's what they told me to do yesterday so that I can reapply, but the other place is $200 a month more. I think I'm going to go with a different complex.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Done shopping. I Costco- ed and AFSA-ed. Now I’m beat. I also kinda forgot to eat today so that isn’t helping. Orange chicken with rice for dinner.

Susan, I admire your freezer cooking.

Who has a good white chicken chili recipe? I’m too beat to look for one. I have chicken thighs I can use.

Still haven’t finished laundry. Guess Scotsman can’t go on his trip then. I’m having a hard time with him leaving. We think it’s being tired, stressed over so many things, and not eating. Yet I’m chubby.

https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/10183114/

• Like 1