Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning. I'm settling down to work on a character profile with a nice cup of tea. Not the other kind of tea. I plan to write and read and paint all day, although not all at the same time. I'm also ordering my new curriculum this evening and my lemon trees. Also dragonfruit because the son wanted to try growing them. They are such a rangy cactus, I think we may be sorry. But it doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to be good and not get Greek. Although I want to. I'm also debating pulling out all my music books and starting to practice again. I feel the need for more music, which means maybe I'll get the music appreciation curriculum and not the Greek? Treat myself to a new field of study for fun? I just might. I like so many things and have enough persistence and funds to pursue them. So very thankful that I can. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I'm envious.  Send me some snow!  Ours is all gone.  

I know someone who lives in an expensive area in California. Their neighborhood association imports snow ever year for a neighborhood party. 

Hey lookie, it's a snow-for-sale booyah!

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I looked over some more grammar stuff but the only one I’m not like “AGGG!! Run Away!” is MCT. They have lots of used bits. I’m going to check out the site and make a list to bring next time. We need a different format.

We love MCT.  We are trying Analytical Grammar this year and hate it.  DS has asked to go back to MCT.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

It was foggy, raining, and humid but now it is sunny and humid. Bleh!

Captain put himself down for a nap. He and The Girl are going to share a room because The Girl doesn’t want to sleep on the loft bed. The boys like being together.

ASD Boy is also taking a nap. He’s mad cause I had Scotsman lock the tablets at 2pm.

The other 2 are playing YuGiOh in the schoolroom. It’s so quiet!

The Homeschool Store trip was a bit of a bust. What I wanted to buy had some else’s name on it. It has been sitting buried so they are going to ask if she still wants it or not. It’s all of A Year of Playing Skillfully AND A Summer of Playing Skillfully AND The Homegrown Preschooler for $150! I really need it. Y’all pray she doesn’t want it? She has teenagers, anyway!

I looked over some more grammar stuff but the only one I’m not like “AGGG!! Run Away!” is MCT. They have lots of used bits. I’m going to check out the site and make a list to bring next time. We need a different format.

I also read through a bit of LOE Foundations A and read Captain the 2 ABC books. He liked those very much. I think we will use that one when the time comes.

And I was mad at myself for ordering VT Alg new because wouldn’t you know it, he has the full set used for about $30 more than what I paid for just 3 modules!! ARGG! I hate wasting money.

I also helped a mom that was trying to mimic her dd’s school that wasn’t working for her. I’m like why not go back to what does work for her and not worry about what the school is using? Well, she might go back next fall and .... Kinda frustrating.

I forgot to take my thyroid yesterday and this morning so my anxiety is rather through the roof. I did just take today’s so hopefully it will calm down.

I’m worried about Servie and her baby. Praying for all you pregnant Mommies!

Have you looked at Fix-It!?

8 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I made $10 selling stuff to THS. I bought ice cream at Kroger. Their store brand is quite good! AFSA store brand is not!

Look for Tillamook at Kroger. Specifically Oregon Strawberry, Marionberry Pie, Salted Butterscotch, and even vanilla bean. It is the best ice cream in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We're supposed to have snow Saturday.   I'm good with that, it won't interfere with classes.   Next week is the last week of this session, except having to make up a snow day the following Monday.  I really don't want to have to make up any other classes.  

Went to the gym today.  Did another 6 miles towards my 100, so I'm down to 81 left.   I did 2 1/2 minutes on the staircase machine.  Then my knee did a funky popping thing and I decided to not push it.  I'll do a little each time and build up to more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I will for sure! That sounds yummy! Is it expensive? 2/$5 is hard to beat.

Kids are not really eating. 🙁 ASD Boy is being a fuss pot still even after a LONG nap and food.

Yes. Probably like $5 a thing.

3 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Speaking of expensive: Town level is over $300!!

Have you looked at Fix-It!?

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

What are friends for? We could share. THS has lots of Island level stuff.

I did look at Fix-It but I will again tonight. 

It's definitely not in line with the rigor that I imagine the majority of the hive desires for their grammar program. It's an excellent fit for my natural writer who uses IEW.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I've gotten some important items marked off my to-do list, but there's still quite a bit to try to accomplish.

Also, my kids were gifted a lot of craft projects (by relatives -- not me!), so they are begging for cardboard, foam, teach-me-to sew, shoe box...  

• Like 7

Good morning!

Ds14 did much better with schoolwork yesterday, he even asked for help with algebra and listened to my explanations. This is a huge thing for him, his anxiety and selective mutism tend to lead to shutting down if something isn't going just right. Maturity does seem to be helping.

Educating teenagers feels so much more fraught than educating littles. I'm constantly aware of how little time I have to help prepare them for adult life.

Edited by maize
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

It’s too early! How do I train Captain to not wake up at 5am?!? I am NOT a morning person! I’m already frustrated and it’s barely 7am! I hate this stage of early riser, won’t potty train! 😠

What time is he going to bed?

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!,!~D

Hump Day!!

I have to take DS to get his passport (and mine) again today. We drove all the way to the Big Cityand our paperwork was incomplete. Well, we have to get this done this week and DS has a soccer game this afternoon and I have parent meetings all afternoon tomorrow and Friday. We are going to a different office today, one that opens at 8:00. I will try to get there at 8:00 (or a little before) and hopefully we can do our business and I can get DS back to school by the end of first period.

Why is it that no matter how nice people are and how easy these parent meetings are, I still dread them and they cause me stress? I hate that. I have a parent meeting today, the girls have piano lessons and Awana starts back up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maize said:

Educating teenagers feels so much more fraught than educating littles. I'm constantly aware of how little time I have to help prepare them for adult life.

Yes.  And educating with challenges plus hormones and Teenage Boy Brain is something they did not cover in the "model homeschooling family portrait..  Sigh.  But eventually they leave home and/or go to college and you realize they will aquire the skills and knowledge they need as they go along.  I was far better prepared for life away from home than dh was (I'd say mostly due to natural aptitudes), but we muddled along and here we are, mostly doing The Things.  ((Maize))

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  

So much adorableness!  Will pray for guidance, Bookie.

How is it after 9:00 already?  I am scrambling around trying to get things done and together before going out of town tomorrow for the rest of the week.  And helping with lessons.  Svengo.  Dd11 is baking cookies.  Some laundry is started. Gotta exercise and do some more tidying.  And drink more water.

Coffee!

Booyah!  

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in
That what seems a little nuts might actually save me
From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

:smile: so glad for that!!

Me, too.  The Mounds bar seems to have been the difference.  :)  Dark chocolate for the win!  (Although I had eaten a nasty dark chocolate square hours ago, hoping it would help, and it didn't.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2