Menu

Ignore this thread!

13 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. 😎

I made chocolate chip cookie bars. They're in the oven.

Usually dd16 is responsible for all baking of treats but she was at a meeting at the church, something about planning this summer's youth conference. And she and I had agreed on the way home from church earlier that we needed some kind of treat to fortify us for violin practice since we got tapped today to play a duet next week and neither of us has picked up our instruments in months and we know practice time during the week is going to be hard to come by so we have to practice today and how could we possibly face that without sugar and chocolate and aren't run-on sentences grand?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. 😎

I want oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  

I gave up on my no sweets thing, but I am still trying to eat better.  Especially for cholesterol related stuff.  Dh has been helping by cooking nice nutritious dinners.  I also told him I want to cut down meat - frequency and serving size.  Past couple days he made spinach sauteed in olive oil and garlic, shrimp with spinach and garlic, mashed white beans with garlic, sweet potatoes.  Have I ever mentioned I LOVE garlic?  No hardship to me eating more of that.

Ran by the science center earlier and dropped off the snake.  She usually comes with me Mondays, but I have to run and pick up dry ice in the morning so I didn't want to be juggling too much stuff.   I also had worms for my vermiculture tank dropped off.  I need them for my Biology classes - one this week, one in a few weeks.   My previous worms had reproduced and died, so everything in my tank was tiny.  I needed bigger ones for class. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Slache said:

I haz all da hungries.

You should have all da foods.

11 hours ago, Slache said:

I eateded all da fings.

Oh, ok, good.

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Renai, when did you say you're coming to town?

Depends on which conference I get in at. If I get accepted at the GHC, it'll be in March. If Teach Them Diligently, it'll be in April. I was able to get in a last-minute application in for GHC, so waiting to see what happens.

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Oh.

Yes, Renai, when are you coming to see me?

I'm not going down that far.

Oh, wait, Angie we were talking about you the other day. We decided that Slash was coming up to where my parents live, we were dropping all our kids off at your house, then shoot up to Dallas. Sorry, I forgot to let you know. Mark your calendar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Eat lots = Less nausea

Have some of Bookie's cookies and Maize's cookie bars. Or maybe a big fruit salad.

This is what always worked for me.  Which is why I put on an average of 60 pounds when pregnant.  

ETA:  I keep getting the weirdest booyas.  Not sure what to call this one.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Good Morning, Happy Monday!

My busiest day.   I have to run to a town about 20 minutes away to pick up dry ice this morning.  They open at 8 so I'm going to try and be there right when they open.  Then home, pick up ds and get to the science center.  Plenty of time to get there before class but I may not have time for my yoga/Tai chi, or have to do a quick sequence.  

Then, three classes, one tutoring student, the gym for us/tkd for dd, home to shower and eat before 4-H tonight.  

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I don't know what I'd do without Lynn's morning coffee!

Dh makes better oatmeal than I make.  That sentence is terrible.  Too early.

Morning lessons.  Exercise. Try to prop up collapsed retaining wall before it starts to rain.  Keep dh from being helpful.  Afternoon music lessons, children's choir, and Scouts.  Dd11 gets to go to Scout Girls tonight since she is now 11.  So exciting!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩

Staff meeting today. School and work to get done!! Busy busy week ahead. I have a major case of the I-Don’t-Wannas. I saw a meme or something that said, “I need an extra day between Saturday and Sunday” and I’m thinking that is true,

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩

Staff meeting today. School and work to get done!! Busy busy week ahead. I have a major case of the I-Don’t-Wannas. I saw a meme or something that said, “I need an extra day between Saturday and Sunday” and I’m thinking that is true,

ME TOO!  I'm glad you said it first, lol.  I need a meme with a two year in full tantrum, hitting and kicking the ground with fists and feet.  Or maybe a gif would express it better.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I don't know what I'd do without Lynn's morning coffee!

Dh makes better oatmeal than I make.  That sentence is terrible.  Too early.

Morning lessons.  Exercise. Try to prop up collapsed retaining wall before it starts to rain.  Keep dh from being helpful.  Afternoon music lessons, children's choir, and Scouts.  Dd11 gets to go to Scout Girls tonight since she is now 11.  So exciting!

Coffee!

Is your dd doing BSA scouts?

I think my 12 year old would like it and looked into troups with girl programs but haven't tried it out.

24 minutes ago, maize said:

Is your dd doing BSA scouts?

I think my 12 year old would like it and looked into troups with girl programs but haven't tried it out.

Yes - she loves it!  She's watched her two older brothers go through scouts and was ecstatic when the church that charters the boy's troop agreed to charter a girls troop.

• Like 4

Morning. I need to deal with a goat, but don't feel like doing it until the house warms up. So I'm doing the cleaning stuff instead. Might as well. Then the shower will feel good.

Boys are back on school-time this morning, and so far they've kept the snapping down. Very quiet in there. I have some cleaning and cooking to do, but mostly handling the writing and reading this morning. Yes, I'm supposed to read at night, but that's supposing that I like the book. I don't much like this one, but I'm supposed to write a synopsis for it, so I can't NOT finish it. So I'm going to set a goal for each day, take my notes in a dispassionate way, and get done with it. 

• Like 5