Menu

Ignore this thread!

My relatives on my mom's side used to always play a game called "chicken foot dominoes".   

Oh Yeah!  It's a Chicken Foot Dominoes Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in
That what seems a little nuts might actually save me
From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Her hair looks like gold streamers so even that doesn't give her away. Brilliant!

It was ridiculous. They looked for her for 20 minutes. They went in that closet numerous times and no one saw her. Her last good hiding place was her hammock because it kind of swallows her. She just laid in it and no one ever found her. She had a book and set it down every time she heard someone coming. She used that spot 3 times before she told people that's what she was doing. She's also done under the sink wrapped in a black blanket because the cabinets are black, and behind linens in the linen closet. Oh! And the warming drawer. My gray hair.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am back from Awana. We had a Christmas Party. One of the leaders brought Christmas Crunch, I call it Christmas Crack.it’s like Chex cereal and Cheerios and M&Ms and peanuts and pretzels with a whole lot of white chocolate poured over it.  I ate waaaaaay too much.  Probably didn't help that I hadn’t eaten dinner.

• Like 2

Good Morning!  Happy Thursday.  Just two more days and we are on break!  From everything.

Three classes today, not particularly rough ones except dd is in a class with one of her best friends and they're always fun.    Shortened teen hangout because kids and I are going to the dentist this afternoon.

Dh is having arthroscopic knee surgery this afternoon.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Good Morning!  Happy Thursday.  Just two more days and we are on break!  From everything.

Three classes today, not particularly rough ones except dd is in a class with one of her best friends and they're always fun.    Shortened teen hangout because kids and I are going to the dentist this afternoon.

Dh is having arthroscopic knee surgery this afternoon.  

I'm glad you posted.  I was trying to remember what day the surgery was and couldn't.  Praying surgery and recovery goes smoothly.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Bookie, how are you today?

Toto, praying for a quick surgery and easy recovery for dh!

I'm up 3 hours late.  Well, I'm going to call it second sleep. Was up half the night feeling yucky until medicine kicked in.  Everyone is making their own breakfasts.  Krissi, we'll hold hands and help each other through our lists today, OK?

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

This is what Scotsman uses fir our kids’ tablets.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-family-link-for-parents/id1150085200
Google Family Link for parents by Google LLC.

So what I really need is a way to make my iPad function like it allows for multiple users ( Which it does not.  Because apple would like me to be forced to buy five of them. Which will not happen.) \  All my kids share it, so all my attempts at regulating it have been a failure.  Can I use google family to do this?  

18 hours ago, Renai said:

It has to be something that dh would even like. No reading involved. Previous games have been Uno, Blokus, Mancala (he didn't get into that one so much, though), Battleship, Creationary when Elizabeth was really young.

I was going to say skipbo, sequence, quirkle....but you bought them before I could vote on it.  Good choices!  Dd9 also says you should get rummikub.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Slache said:

This would be the second time in a month that Walmart has both exchanged an item and issued a refund for it. The last time I contacted them to tell them they had done both they issued the refund again. So they exchanged the item and then paid us for it twice. What am I supposed to do? Contact them again? Sneak the item into the store and leave it somewhere?

I don't know. My last order, he was double checking that I got my whole chicken and box of canned cat food. When it was confirmed that I got it, he accidently put that I rejected them, instead of scanning that I got them, and my bill was less. They haven't fixed that either.

Thanks all. My birthday gift to myself is staying off facebook today. I'll check birthday stuff tomorrow.

I was having a lovely time this morning in second sleep, dreaming a dream of me teaching (I never have dreams like that!), when I was shocked into an awakened state with the news that Scout caught a mouse.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My next 3 tasks are: take the salmon out of the freezer, clean the stove, organize trip food into smaller boxes. 

But first, coffee!

(How are you doing Krissi?  Thanks for holding my hand!)

What was it I was supposed to be doing?  I can’t remember now. But I got two batches of bread done. 

• Thanks 2

Dh's surgery went well.  He's sitting with his leg up watching Duke.   Kids and I were at the dentist (no cavities for anyone, and no braces needed either!) when he was done, returned home and found out he couldn't get in the house since he didn't have his keys and our spare key is missing.   So I had to drive an extra 30 minutes to my moms house to pick him up.  It's not usually that long but rush hour with a bunch of accidents.

ETA:  A successful surgery booya

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 11