(Courtesy of Slache, 2016)

Wow that came out BIG!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Merry Christmas!

I was still curled up snug in my bed when I heard squeals of delight coming from upstairs--the inflatable tumble track and the cheese wedge (incline mat) are a big hit.

Much chocolate has been eaten.

A bunch of kids are playing Catan.

We have family coming for dinner, I need to decide what to cook--not planning anything particularly fancy, these are last minute plans.

• Like 4

Christmas gift passive aggressive jab was worse than ever. I was thinking that everyone got lovely gifts and that maybe she wasn't mad until I realized that while everyone got 6+ thoughtful gifts I was given a water bottle in my least favorite color and that's all. I called and told her I loved it. Last year she took it out on the kids and I'd much rather she keep it to just me.

Everyone cleaned up and is playing with their favorite items. Mary's came broken so we have to go to Walmart. I need to clean the kids room this week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

We have had the loveliest, laziest Christmas. We still need to go on our walk. All of the new clothes are being rotated into the laundry so they can wear them after their showers.

R2D2 keeps following me around the house beeping at me. I know I'm hot, but get over me, please. You're annoying.

• Haha 5

Dinner was eaten. Dh carved up the turkey breasts and put all the meat on a platter and MIL never noticed that there wasn’t a whole turkey. Bob Evans mashed potatoes were a huge hit!!  MIL wanted us to have the lingonberry sauce that a friend gave her, and I couldn’t quite decipher the expiration date. After tasting it, I think it was best eaten before 2004.

I found a wire whisk, so I felt we could manage to put together the banana pudding. This was the only knife we could find anywhere, which made dinner preparation a bit more challenging than usual. 

We’re watching Elf and will have pie / dessert in a little while. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Christmas dinner was a success.

I bought a gluten-free sugar cookie mix that I'm thinking about making (maybe with the kids, if I'm brave enough) so that we can have cookies tonight.  I can't remember the last time I made cookies.  Dh and dd15 are the bakers in the family.

• Like 6

(((Junie))) hope your gross coke helps. And someone gets you some chocolates!

I think we are all allergic to this house - between the old dry rough wood it’s made of (inside walls), the dust, mold/mildew, and resident rodents, we always make sure to bring plenty of allergy medicines and dd13’s inhaler. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Junie said:

Hey Susan, if you can catch the rodents, you could take them home with you for pets.  (...hiding...)

We seriously try to keep dd13 from knowing about the mouse issue because she would totally try sneaking some home with us!  (She was highly offended when I suggested they need a good mousing cat. 😂)

• Like 2

I found some Halloween Peeps in the back of the pantry.  When dh saw me eating marshmallow ghosties, he told me that they weren't very Christmas-y.  I told him that they are very Christmas-y if you're a Dickens fan. :)  And so I ate the Ghost of Christmas Past, the Ghost of Christmas Present, and the Ghost of Christmas Future.

Edited by Junie
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

Merry Christmas!!!

We are done with our Christmasing. Had a delightful evening last night at my uncle and aunt’s house. Today we were at my parents’ house all day. It was nice. DS found a stolen car in the orchard, so that was pretty exciting. The cops came. We ate too much and the Pinterest hot chocolate recipe I tried turned out waaaaaayyyy too sweet. But, all in all, it was a good Christmas.now we are at home chillin’.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We seriously try to keep dd13 from knowing about the mouse issue because she would totally try sneaking some home with us!  (She was highly offended when I suggested they need a good mousing cat. 😂)

Clonk em', freeze em', and send em' this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Merry Christmas!

We had a lovely breakfast with my mom and oldest dd.  Kids liked what they got, with one or two "loved" items.   We ended up bringing all their new clothes with us to MILs so I could wash them there, since dh wanted to be on the road early.   We got here in time for lunch, then just hung out.  Dh and MIL are watching Christmas movies, while I spent the afternoon working on the books for the science center, then working on a notebook I'm putting together of class activities.  

My sciatica is a lot better sitting in the car and sitting on mil's dining room chairs.   I'm hoping it will still be doing better after sleeping in an old full size bed with dh.  

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt: You have to wash your hands first. If you pet the dog, get cookie dough on your fingers and then lick the dough off your fingers then you're essentially licking the dog.
Alex: But I do wick the dog.

In Alex's defense, have you ever told him not to? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I’m looking at treadmills on Amazon and watching like 5 different shows on Prime. 

I ate too much today, had too much caffeine and got no sleep last night. The only good thing I did was go on a long walk with DH.

I just bought this. It's quiet and sturdy despite the 220 weight limit. I had a difficult time finding a good one for less than $800.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I’m looking at treadmills on Amazon and watching like 5 different shows on Prime. 

I ate too much today, had too much caffeine and got no sleep last night. The only good thing I did was go on a long walk with DH.

I bought this one in 2013 and it is still going strong:

https://www.amazon.com/Weslo-Cadence-R-5-2-Treadmill/dp/B01FNEBXNK

• Like 2