Menu

Ignore this thread!

29 minutes ago, Junie said:

I'm still awake.

Hi Krissi!!

28 minutes ago, Renai said:

I'm still awake. I just finished teaching.

Yay!! There are some people out and about.  Why don’t we pile into someone’s Suburban and drive around looking at Christmas lights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  It was midnight for me so I was sleeping.  I do have a Suburban though so I can drive for the lights if we do them at a decent hour.  it's dark by 5pm so that should help with the time zones.  

I used to do reading challenges but I don't have time with all my classes.   I still read a lot but I don't want the pressure.

Today we are heading to BJs to pick up a few things, then lunch with dad and stepmom, then dinner with mom, somewhere in there we need to put ornaments on the tree.  The tree itself is up but undecorated.  

We did get our new dishwasher yesterday but the stove didn't have the gas to propane conversion kit so they have to come back another day.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!!!

Sportsball!!!

we had a great time looking at Christmas lights last night. Especially when Toto took her Suburban up to 120mph when we were ditching the cops. You should have heard Renai scream and Junie almost passed out. It was awesome!! Great night girls. We ought to do it again some time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think there's a dead mouse in the wall. It doesn't smell very nice. 

DH took off to get the grocery run made, and I'm staring at a stack of textbooks and preparing to make the school schedule. My weekly list of what has to happen this week is done. I think. Second caffeine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I wonder where the spare Grumpy Pants are?  I could use them myself.  (((Critter)))

Fight me. I got the dragon scales ones.🤣

Actually, I need something to burn off my personality fumes at the moment. There's just a lot to do, and I have to do a lot of it, and it's just more peopling than I'm used to doing. I need something like exercise, but with my joints aching so badly right now, and no time to do it, I may have to resort to primal screaming.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I think there's a dead mouse in the wall. It doesn't smell very nice. 

DH took off to get the grocery run made, and I'm staring at a stack of textbooks and preparing to make the school schedule. My weekly list of what has to happen this week is done. I think. Second caffeine.

We have had this too.  I think we're on the tail end of it now.  (😳😂)

3 hours ago, Slache said:

It's going to be 81° today.

I'm on my way.  😍😎

40 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

My mom died today. I'm going to take a board break for a bit, but I wanted to let you guys know instead of just disappearing. Between my baby and my mom, I'm not sure which way is up and I need some time to sort it all out. She died peacefully, in her sleep, and I'm very thankful for that.

(((Bookie)))  I'm so sorry.  ❤️😥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

My mom died today. I'm going to take a board break for a bit, but I wanted to let you guys know instead of just disappearing. Between my baby and my mom, I'm not sure which way is up and I need some time to sort it all out. She died peacefully, in her sleep, and I'm very thankful for that.

((Hugs)) I'm so sorry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!!!

Sportsball!!!

we had a great time looking at Christmas lights last night. Especially when Toto took her Suburban up to 120mph when we were ditching the cops. You should have heard Renai scream and Junie almost passed out. It was awesome!! Great night girls. We ought to do it again some time.

It wasn't screams of fear though. I was egging her on!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

(((Bookie))) I'm sorry. I hope you will be ready to come back to us soon.

After a headache morning and livestream church, I was able to do many of the things. Good thing, as the need was great. My list has been downgraded from Lackawanna Meltdown with Willy_Nilly Confetti on Top to the challenging but manageable Better Get Moving, Hadn't We?.

Fact: Most of the year, baby loblolly pines trying to re-forest my front yard are tiresome weeds. In the second half of December, however, they are free mantel decor, and I have availed myself. 🎄 So now we have the pine smell even with our little fake tree.

• Like 5

We have a Christmas tree.  It looks very nice. I wanted to get a live pine tree in a pot this year, but there were none available. I saw a Stone Pine I really wanted, but we are the wrong zone for it. Maybe next year I can get us a baby pine tree to plant when Christmas is over.

• Like 5

Nursery was a total wreck tonight. Some woman with lactose intolerant twins gave them milk to see if they were still lactose intolerant right before dropping them off. Then when she came back after church and we were cleaning up another mess, because she uses organic diapers that don't do anything, she just stood there for 10 minutes while we got covered in it. I'm irritated.

• Sad 2

The cello recital was nice.  We got out of there in time to get to the church for pre-service rehearsal.  The Lessons & Carols service was nice.  I'm not finished with the embroidery but iTired and must seep.

Don't Fall Asleep With A Needle In Your Hand Booyah!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Slache said:

Nursery was a total wreck tonight. Some woman with lactose intolerant twins gave them milk to see if they were still lactose intolerant right before dropping them off. Then when she came back after church and we were cleaning up another mess, because she uses organic diapers that don't do anything, she just stood there for 10 minutes while we got covered in it. I'm irritated.

When I was teaching Sunday School, this situation would have led to someone going to get mom to come deal with it.  Ugh.  

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Today's agenda includes finishing the embroidery, making a Christmas Week meal, cooking, and grocery list, going over pet care with pet sitter, finishing gift lists, getting things ready to mail, and looking for boxes that will fit under the van seats.  Most of the kids were a little surprised when it was mentioned that they are on Christmas break now.  Ds15 has to finish a paper on Huckleberry Finn for his tutorial class, but that's it.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩😩

The little girls are off school, older kids have finals this week and I have a ton of paperwork to do this week. And some baking to do, since we are having Christmas with DH’s family on Saturday. And I think I am going to work on tamales this week, too. I went through the Amazon boxes and found one that was misdelivered. It’s address is just the block over, so I will take care of that today. DS has soccer games this week. Looks like a busy week.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I think Christmas Tamales will have to be done another year.  Is "New Year's Tamales" a thing?  

My brain is done.  Imma watch Netflix and embroider the thing that was supposed to be done yesterday and see if I can think of a Christmas gift for ds15, who I somehow missed putting on my gift list.

Tamales are an "every day of the year" thing.

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Eww! Raisins are of the devil!

Gymnast would agree with you.

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Happy Monday!  Last week before the holiday break.   Three classes, tutoring and a 4-H Holiday party on the agenda for today.   I do have to run to the AFSA before classes to pick up a few things.  8am is the only time I'm willing to run into AFSA these days.   

Same! Finishing a Spanish boot camp, and my last ESL class is being taught on Sunday. Somehow I confused the dates. I did NOT want to work on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Italian somethIng something creamer is not a reasonable substitute for Peppermint Mocha Creamer. I’m sorry Afsa Grocery Pick-Up!!😡

Wow. Sorry about that. I, on the other hand, had a reasonable substitute. I wanted fresh cut rosemary, and they substituted a potted rosemary plant. I'll take it!

22 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm waiting for my cakes to cool. Building a triple chocolate peanut butter cup birthday cake.

Aww, you remembered my birthday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renai said:

I haven't completed Christmas purchasing yet. I have the things (for Gymnast) in the Amazon cart, but haven't pushed pay because I'm not really liking what is there. I don't know what the problem is.

Why don't you like it?  Can you find other things you think would be better?  Trust your gut or you'll be Kon Mari-ing it in a month.  😂

• Like 3