Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt didn't know what a buttload was so I edumicated him.

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you make a diagram?  Pie chart?  Power Point?

Spreadsheet. She needs to make a spreadsheet.

ooooh, I got a Booya/h!!! Woohoo!!! 

Her name was Lola..... she was a show girl... with yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there.....

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Which reminds me of this week's holiday schedule:

Thursday: Pi(e) Day

Friday: ITT Anniversary

Saturday: Lynn's birthday

Sunday: St. Patrick's Day

Which makes Wednesday PI-Day Eve, so we should probably take that day off school to make our pies. And since that leaves only 2 days to do school, we might as well take those off, too. You know, for decorating and gift-shopping and other important preparations. And then we should take the following week off as a recovery period from all the frivolity of the previous week’s holiday celebrations!! Shoot, we might as well just take the rest of the month off.

• Like 5

Just now, KrissiK said:

Which makes Wednesday PI-Day Eve, so we should probably take that day off school to make our pies. And since that leaves only 2 days to do school, we might as well take those off, too. You know, for decorating and gift-shopping and other important preparations. And then we should take the following week off as a recovery period from all the frivolity of the previous week’s holiday celebrations!! Shoot, we might as well just take the rest of the month off.

I concur!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hey. Dh, dd, Juliet and I went to the dog park. It was a zoo there- a zoo made up of only one species (two if you count humans) - but a zoo nonetheless. 

I gather Juliet had a lot of fun at the zoo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Long day where I got almost nothing accomplished.  My stepmom called because my dad fell this morning and he went to the hospital.  I picked her up to drive her over to the hospital.   4 hours later they finally found him a bed (admitted because they are doing tests tomorrow), still don't know what's wrong but doesn't seem to be anything major.   Add in drive time and I was out of the house from 1pm to 8pm.   It was super super foggy driving home, plus dark and slightly rainy.  I could barely see the road at times - very dark rural highway that was hilly and winding and did I mention dark?  and foggy?  

Biggest fail is the kids school isn't prepared for tomorrow.  Oh well.  I can figure it out tomorrow.   

I forgot the posts I wanted to respond to.  Pie?  pants?  birds?  I'm so tired. 

I'm supposed to teach about reptiles in my Biology class tomorrow.  Instead my darn snake is about to shed so I can't bring her.  I also have a turtle but want both so I'm flipping the schedule and doing birds tomorrow, reptiles next week (she better be done shedding by then!!).  

I'm slightly dreading this week.  Besides dad in hospital, busy busy busy week.  Taxes and workshops and tutoring and classes and tech tuesday.    It won't seem so much when I get some sleep.  Oh yeah, and dd has a TKD belt test Friday.  

• Sad 4

Question-  if your dog took another dog’s ball. (an expensive one - not an inexpensive tennis ball) and you knew perfectly well that he took it, would you force the other dog’s owner to chase you for almost a 1/4 of a mile to get it back?  I am still ticked.   Dogs taking balls are common but every one immediately gives it back. Well, almost everyone. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

My kids are doing dance assemblies at a couple of schools tomorrow with their Irish Dance school (St. Patrick's day is a month long thing for Irish Dancers) which means I need to make sure costumes and shoes are located and laid out tonight for six dancers.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Question-  if your dog took another dog’s ball. (an expensive one - not an inexpensive tennis ball) and you knew perfectly well that he took it, would you force the other dog’s owner to chase you for almost a 1/4 of a mile to get it back?  I am still ticked.   Dogs taking balls are common but every one immediately gives it back. Well, almost everyone. 

This is why one should take a bazooka to the dog park. It tends to discourage this sort of anti-social behavior. And I am so proud of Krissi. She needs to be my neighbor. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

This is why one should take a bazooka to the dog park. It tends to discourage this sort of anti-social behavior. And I am so proud of Krissi. She needs to be my neighbor. :wub:

I do need to be your neighbor. Except in the middle of winter. Then you need to be my neighbor!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

My dad is still in the hospital.  He is breathing on his own, but still on antibiotics for pneumonia.  He also now has MRSA.  😞  They are using a feeding tube of some sort because he has been having difficulty eating.

My mom is finally beginning to realize that she can't take care of him by herself, but she doesn't know what to do when he released from the hospital.

Prayers for both are very appreciated.

Edited by Junie
  • Sad 7

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

DH’s alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 and the hot flashes kept me from falling back to sleep. So, here I am.(svengo)

How is it that everyone is on Spring Break? We’re not taking it till April at Easter time.

School today. Regular Monday stuff. Bleh. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

My dad is still in the hospital.  He is breathing on his own, but still on antibiotics for pneumonia.  He also now has MRSA.  😞  They are using a feeding tube of some sort because he has been having difficulty eating.

My mom is finally beginning to realize that she can't take care of him by herself, but she doesn't know what to do when he released from the hospital.

Prayers for both are very appreciated.

I'm sorry, Junie. Does the hospital have some sort of patient advocate? Oftentimes there is someone on staff who can provide guidance on transitioning out of the hospital, especially when there needs to be change in the level of care.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 3

On 3/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, JoJosMom said:

My goodness. Miami has highly trainable hoomans.

She really does. Well, one at least. Matt's not supposed to feed her in the morning. She knows this but she acts sad and hungry because it works. Also, if Matt's not home she goes out about once every 8 hours. If he is she goes out every 30 minutes. "She's going to pee!" She's not going to pee. I know she's not going to pee, she knows she's not going to pee, but my husband panics every time she gives him the look.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So, one of my hula students called me last week and said she would not be able to come back to hula class, ever. She did not give a reason, but I have suspicions regarding some personal issues in her life. o_0 That puts my current class situation in jeopardy, as I have to have an average of five participants in order to continue at the rec center, and with her gone, there will be only four, counting me. One is on vacation for the next six weeks, one comes sporadically. We can have class at my house, of course, but there are benefits in having it at the rec center.

And it's a Monday morning hula oops booya!

😞

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2