Menu

Ignore this thread!

Day 392 steps
Day 262 hips
Day 160 bird dog.

I have been drinking my bone broth in the mornings as part of breakfast. I am not counting the days though because I don't really need to count things that I get out if the way right away. 

My bloodsugars were a beautiful 111 tonight at bedtime. So I only took half of my diabetes med so that hopefully my sugars will stay nice and stable all night and won't dip too low. 

I also put Biofreeze on my ankles tonight. 
Hopefully that will work like an analgesic. They are freezing though so hopefully that won't keep me up!  

There is the Friday night health report. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I need to do some housekeeping -- if I can walk -- and assign some chores.

We are hoping to finish a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle today.  We started it yesterday at dd8's request.

Also, I am planning to read the final chapters of Jane Austen's Emma.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Chess tourney is starting an hour late. Shoot me now. 🙄

I hate things that  start late! But no shooting. Rules.

I am out of coffee and having tea instead. Will this be a productive weekend? I hope so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  I didn't sleep in as long as I thought I would this morning.  Last night's Kids Night Out I had 8 kids but they were very well behaved and we're from two families where older siblings are great about helping younger siblings.   And hot chocolate and fruit snacks are evidently extremely popular. 

Today I'm running to the science center to do some clean up and start the reorganization.  Then we have to run to meet the accountant to go over some weird things with the centers books.  A quick stop at BJ's, then back to the science center to do more work.  

Tomorrow, finish at the science center, clean my house some since my mom is coming to dinner, set up school, and plan some classes.  I don't have anything to do for Monday's classes because we had a snow day last week but I'm supposed to do reptiles in Biology and my snake is getting ready to shed, so I may have to switch things around and do birds instead.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I can shoot people without killing them. Lynn, come here.

My house is not done.

Matt's overwhelmed with all of the work he has coming in so we've decided I'm going to be his secretary. 

Laughing at your offering to shoot me, not at your secretarial skillz. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Laughing at your offering to shoot me, not at your secretarial skillz. 

Those are like the only two things I'm good at. Those and cooking. I was a natural born shooter. It's amazing how good I am. Such a ridiculously useless skill. I hate guns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I hate things that  start late! But no shooting. Rules.

I am out of coffee and having tea instead. Will this be a productive weekend? I hope so.

I beg your pardon? There is no such rule. There is a "No dying" rule, which applies to ITT members and staff ONLY. There is most definitely NOT a "no shooting" rule. Because bazooka.

Duh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Morning report:

My fasting bloodsugars are a bad 132. So my sugars must have dropped overnight. I wonder if I should have not taken any diabetic meds last night since my sugars were in the normal range?  

I am on the fence about the Biofreeze. It did what it is designed to do-  the “freeze” ties up the pain receptors but since I often feel “cold” as pain anyway it wasn’t a comfortable experience.  But I saved my liver by not having to take extra pain meds. Actually about three hours after application when the effects wore off it was great because I didn’t have any pain in my ankles at all. (Thought:  maybe I could apply it three hours before bedtime.)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Morning report:

My fasting bloodsugars are a bad 132. So my sugars must have dropped overnight. I wonder if I should have not taken any diabetic meds last night since my sugars were in the normal range?  

I am on the fence about the Biofreeze. It did what it is designed to do-  the “freeze” ties up the pain receptors but since I often feel “cold” as pain anyway it wasn’t a comfortable experience.  But I saved my liver by not having to take extra pain meds. Actually about three hours after application when the effects wore off it was great because I didn’t have any pain in my ankles at all. (Thought:  maybe I could apply it three hours before bedtime.)

Would it feel good to put wool socks on over the bio freeze?  Or loosely wrap a scarf around ankles?  Just don't forget and try to get out of bed that way. Might result in more pain than you started with. #sofelpful. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Would it feel good to put wool socks on over the bio freeze?  Or loosely wrap a scarf around ankles?  Just don't forget and try to get out of bed that way. Might result in more pain than you started with. #sofelpful. 

LOL  Probably not.  I could not feel the warmth from my blankets on my ankles.  The "freeze" blocked out that part of my senses in that area.  It's basically smearing menthol on my ankles - but instead of the cooling sensation in my sinuses, it's on my feet. 

• Like 2

I love Taco Bell.

A puzzle is a great idea.  I should dig one out.

It's a gloomy, cold, rainy day.  Perfect day for The Wedding from Hell.  And it should be storming just about the time I have to schlep all my stuff from the university parking lot to the chapel.  My quartet leader said the latest update included 7 new songs, 2 of which we might play (easy songs, for the prelude).  

More coffee!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I love Taco Bell.

A puzzle is a great idea.  I should dig one out.

It's a gloomy, cold, rainy day.  Perfect day for The Wedding from Hell.  And it should be storming just about the time I have to schlep all my stuff from the university parking lot to the chapel.  My quartet leader said the latest update included 7 new songs, 2 of which we might play (easy songs, for the prelude).  

More coffee!

Susan, is today the actual wedding?  No more changes!  Honestly you should be sticking your fingers in your ears going "La, la, la, I can't hear you!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I need to do some housekeeping -- if I can walk -- and assign some chores.

We are hoping to finish a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle today.  We started it yesterday at dd8's request.

Also, I am planning to read the final chapters of Jane Austen's Emma.

Missions accomplished, although the kids' chores aren't done yet.

Almost naptime.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Morning report:

I vote for doing what you can to make it work. Pain management without liver damage is much to be desired. And, fingers crossed, maybe if you can interrupt the pain cascade, you will decrease your need for pain management.

I hope.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Susan, is today the actual wedding?  No more changes!  Honestly you should be sticking your fingers in your ears going "La, la, la, I can't hear you!"

Yep!  It's today!  I really hope my quartet leader refrains from working with this entertainment company in the future.  They are just really incompetent.  I think they primarily work with DJs and maybe are not familiar with the practical differences between a DJ and a string quartet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Yep!  It's today!  I really hope my quartet leader refrains from working with this entertainment company in the future.  They are just really incompetent.  I think they primarily work with DJs and maybe are not familiar with the practical differences between a DJ and a string quartet.

Or you could add muscle to your quartet. Wouldn't it be cool to have your own "body person," bazooka in hand?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yeah, what Jeannie said. Or give her an invoice that says, all changes to music done later than 10 days before the wedding are subject to a $300 surcharge per change.

• Like 3

I worked outside. Got rid of some ugly plants I hated. Cleaned up tree trash. I love love love our trees, but they are extremely messy. The green waste is filled up and waiting for Monday. Now.... what am I going to do with the rest of my afternoon?? I finished my Harry Bosch novel yesterday. Maybe I will work on “Unbroken”.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I worked outside. Got rid of some ugly plants I hated. Cleaned up tree trash. I love love love our trees, but they are extremely messy. The green waste is filled up and waiting for Monday. Now.... what am I going to do with the rest of my afternoon?? I finished my Harry Bosch novel yesterday. Maybe I will work on “Unbroken”.

Come do my list.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Slache said:

Dd20 is the bride?

No, but she's 2 hours SW of us, so we know when we will get the weather.

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

5k and dog park done

🏆

4 hours ago, Slache said:

91°.

Uff da.

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Has anyone watched “The Widow” on Amazon Prime? I’ve started it it’s ok.

I'm watching the last 2 episodes tonight while nobody goes to the store to buy me ice cream.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Well, due to ITT regulations, I survived the wedding.  Barely.  

You know things are not going to go particularly well when your quartet leader doesn't put her own music in order and keeps suggesting we play Bach chorales, rather than the regularly scheduled music that we all have sitting in front of us.  

Also, some people "in charge" were telling us we should start the prelude at 4:00 with the wedding start at 4:30, while other people "in charge" were telling us to start playing prelude at 4:30 with the wedding start at 5:00.  What the Carp?!?  We started playing at 4:15 and the wedding started at about 4:45.  <insert major eye roll>

In other news, it has been pouring rain all night and my esophgus decided to spaz out and now I can't eat dinner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You know things are not going to go particularly well when your quartet leader doesn't put her own music in order and keeps suggesting we play Bach chorales, rather than the regularly scheduled music that we all have sitting in front of us.  

Also, some people "in charge" were telling us we should start the prelude at 4:00 with the wedding start at 4:30, while other people "in charge" were telling us to start playing prelude at 4:30 with the wedding start at 5:00.  What the Carp?!?  We started playing at 4:15 and the wedding started at about 4:45.  <insert major eye roll>

In other news, it has been pouring rain all night and my esophgus decided to spaz out and now I can't eat dinner.

Ice cream. You should have ice cream for dinner. Or, if that's too much for your throat, then blend it. With melted chocolate.

Oh, and wine. Definitely wine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like taco bell if I'm in the right mood.  Otherwise I prefer the other imitation Mexican food from a semi-local chain called Riveira Maya.  I think it's basically Tex-Mex.

I had moo shu veggie chicken from a vegan place for dinner.  It was very good.  I like (the american version of) chinese food but a lot of it gives me a headache.  The vegan stuff doesn't give me a headache.  I usually just get steamed dumplings and spring rolls but decided to expand for tonight.    I'm not a vegan.  Or even a vegetarian.

It was a beautiful sunny 50-something degrees today.  I almost wish we could have made the parade.  It's been in the 20's the last few years.   But we had to run all over taking care of paperwork, taxes, and business stuff.  More to do tomorrow and my mothers coming over for dinner. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh dear!  Seems like the mixed up music is a theme I've heard before?  (((Susan)))  You definitely need liquids!  Pina Colada - loaded or unloaded, your choice!  Stat!  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ellie said:

It has been an hour since anyone posted. People are not taking this thread seriously.

I was cleaning my kitchen. And doing laundry. And tending a throwing-up child. I don't think she's really sick. She just has bad allergies and when too much snot gets in her tummy.... she throws up.

• Sad 3