Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!!😩😩😩😩😩😩

Today is DD1’s birthday. She’s 13. Aaaaack. Another teenager. Friday is DS’s birthday. He’ll be 15. Aaaack again.

My Baby has a root canal today. But they don’t call it a root canal for kids.  It’s called something else, but it’s the same thing. Everyone has a dentist appointment this month. Or a birthday. Or both.

Neighbor Party last night was fun. Did I report about that?? I can’t remember. I didn’t sleep well again last night. Bleh. I think I had too much sugar. I also didn’t lose weight last week. Didn’t gain, but didn’t lose.

That’s all. I want to go back go bed, but i’s better not.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Up again.  Slept another few but I don't feel like it helped anything.  I woke up feeling headachy and blah.  I still have that allergy/cold/whatever going on.  Not as bad but still there.

I have a link to get on the forums on my google.  For some reason yesterday and today it gave me an error message about the forum updating.  But I could go directly to the forum by typing in the address, just not to the "unread content".  Weird.

More laundry, work on classes, set up school today.  

• Like 7

Good morning!  Up early with Dh because I'm helping him dogsit so, we had to go over and let the dogs out and feed them, get one to the vet and put the other one inside.  Doing school now, soccer games cancelled this evening due to extreme cold.  Oldest will be going to hang out with friends after lessons and I will relax even though I should do some housework.

• Like 5

Good morning. Had a second very bad night in a row. I tested my bloodsugar in the middle of the night to see if it was the problem- a very nice (for a diabetic) reading of 115. This morning when I tested again my fasting sugars were 138. Bah. 

I am going to try bone broth this morning. I don’t know why. Just grabbing at straws really. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Another frustrated po:

whiplash treatment takes so long-  mainly because half the time is spent waiting for the doctor.   I wanted today to be the last treatment but there is still swelling and dh and the doctor are both pushing for continued treatment. And today I paid a lump sum for treatment that includes six more treatments. Since the doctor is only charging half of what he should charge for each visit he isn’t trying to gouge me. At least Friday’s treatment is scheduled for after school. 

• Like 5

The barometer is slowly rising, but I'm still in quite a bit of pain.  And now I get to figure out how to make dinner without putting any weight (or very little) on my left foot.

Dd8 is tonight's meal helper.  This should be... interesting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I’m hungry.  Which is typical since I fast on Mondays until dinner at 7ish. Lime coconut curry soup. 

I am trying to finish my book while the kids are in choir, but I keep nodding off. My knee started hurting last night, so I didn’t sleep very well. I need to remember to take some ibuprofen before bed and bring a small pillow to bed. 

A good quote from the book (Aging Matters): “Perhaps the most beautiful legacy that aging parents can leave their children is a personally lived lesson about facing old age and death with courage and grace.”

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Tackled three chapters today and cut a few words. Tightening this MS around the waistline is going to be so hard. Every section is almost exactly the same length, which tells me I didn't overfill any part of the story. But I need to get it down to under 150K.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

My day just improved.  The Pharmacy Benefits Manager reached out to the insurance company and everything has been cleared up, pushed through, etc.  I guess that it was good that I ranted to him nicely about how much trouble I've been having since the start of January with this mess!  He called me right back to tell me the good news. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

54 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My day just improved.  The Pharmacy Benefits Manager reached out to the insurance company and everything has been cleared up, pushed through, etc.  I guess that it was good that I ranted to him nicely about how much trouble I've been having since the start of January with this mess!  He called me right back to tell me the good news. 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  🎉🎉🎉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi!

Today was a snow day for everybody (well not for us, but even dh got to stay home).  About 11 inches.  The fluffy beautiful kind that’s great for snowmen and sledding. We now have life sized replicas of Tin-Tin and Snowy on the lawn. 

Also after spending weeks agonizing over homeschooling decisions for next year, I finally settled on a plan last night at 3am.  It involves painting watercolor ferns in journals while eating brownies and sipping tea.   And not much else.

Well maybe wine, too  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I think I just reported Lynn. 

Stoopid report button. Right where my thumb scrolls. Sending you my apology and a bazooka, Lynn, should SWBs agents come for you in the dark of night.  

No, you have to take the steps to fully report someone. If you press the report button and then press the x or reload the page the person is not reported. Interestingly, the only person I have almost reported multiple times is Lynn. Should this be telling us something?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I think I just reported Lynn. 

Stoopid report button. Right where my thumb scrolls. Sending you my apology and a bazooka, Lynn, should SWBs agents come for you in the dark of night.  

Good Morning!  Coffee is brewing.  I had a lovely sleep uninterrupted by any forum police.  😂

7 hours ago, Slache said:

No, you have to take the steps to fully report someone. If you press the report button and then press the x or reload the page the person is not reported. Interestingly, the only person I have almost reported multiple times is Lynn. Should this be telling us something?

Probably the brilliance of my posts causes you to lose coordination.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's Pancake Tuesday!

According to my kids, this means it's pancakes all day long.

Coffee!

This holiday always sneaks up on me.  Maybe because I don't really celebrate it?  

Where I'm from, though, it's called Fasnact Day.  It is pronounced Fos(t) - not and no one knows how to spell it.  😉

5c7d83cb80b5c.image.jpg?resize=1200,799

• Like 4

Morning,

I'm up, cold and having my tea.   Long day today, 2 classes, hang-out and 4-H tonight.  But, I'm not doing the extended hang-out with pizza today so I'll have a couple hours break in there.  

I really enjoy teaching my classes and 99% of the time I'm excited about the science center and everything.  But some mornings, when I'm super tired and it's cold and there's snow or rain, I think about how I don't HAVE to be doing this.  I could be sleeping in every single day, relaxing around the house, being leisurely.     Someday I may be able to cut down on the number of classes I teach, hire other teachers, etc. but first we need to be paying the rent.    

Trying to decide if I want us to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday.  It's going to be cold, but then it's been bitter windy freezing cold the past few years.   My club actually has had the best attendance the past few years.    A couple weekends later, dh and I are running a program at a science workshop day.  And I have a Kids Night Out Friday night.  Plus 4-H this week and Tech Tuesday next week.  Plus a workshop with a girl scout troop (I'm looking forward to this though, it's going to be fun).   I'm thinking it might be getting time to start saying No to a few things.   Especially in this heart of winter, cold and gloomy, yuck time of year.   Especially when it involves standing outside in the cold for hours.   I'll see what dh says, but I doubt he cares either way.

• Like 5

And now we begin the Three-Day Grandparent Detox. [Why does my denomination not have an equivalent of crossing oneself?]

School, Spanish lesson, sport thing and scout thing and laundry, oh my. And my productivity app is glitchy (for everyone) today.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!! (I don’t know why I am relieved it is Tuesday. Monday wasn’t bad. DD did have her Little Kid Root Canal and made it through like a trooper. Although she said afterward, “They told me to let them know if it hurt. It did hurt, but I couldn’t say anything because they had their hands in my mouth.”)

School!!

Rain!!!

• Like 6