Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Somehow that seems to defeat the hula spirit. 

Have you ever read about King Kamehameha? the guy who went to battle with everyone and backed up his enemies to Nuuani Pali lookout, such that they either surrendered to him or jumped? Yeah. Aloha to you, too, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

DH’s alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 and the hot flashes kept me from falling back to sleep. So, here I am.(svengo)

How is it that everyone is on Spring Break? We’re not taking it till April at Easter time.

School today. Regular Monday stuff. Bleh. 

Because of classes/programs that follow the university schedule.  Some stuff will follow public school schedule which will be April.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

Ellie needs to start recruiting.

With a bazooka. 😈

Ellie has a knack for sharing videos that make hula look good. I'm thinking that would be a good recruitment tool.

I don't have the ingredients to make dinner. Guess we'll go to a store after quiet time.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

I hate Texas water. Help.

Get a Brita pitcher.

I couldn't stand that water at my grandfather-in-law's house, so I bought a Brita pitcher for my MIL.  Everyone used it and came to appreciate the "new" water.  One day, MIL was giving GFIL his pills with water from the tap.  He spit the water out and asked, "What is this!?"  He had been drinking that water for decades without complaint, but even he preferred the taste of the filtered water.

(GFIL's water had sulfur in it.  I couldn't even use it to brush my teeth.  Gag.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Get a Brita pitcher.

I couldn't stand that water at my grandfather-in-law's house, so I bought a Brita pitcher for my MIL.  Everyone used it and came to appreciate the "new" water.  One day, MIL was giving GFIL his pills with water from the tap.  He spit the water out and asked, "What is this!?"  He had been drinking that water for decades without complaint, but even he preferred the taste of the filtered water.

(GFIL's water had sulfur in it.  I couldn't even use it to brush my teeth.  Gag.)

We have one. Still awful.

28 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I know it's only 7:30, but it's dark. I can go to bed, right? 

Yes.

27 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

No, that’s not it!!!!

Here’s a hint.....G.H. And K.R.

I googled it the first time. This is not helpful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I think I ate a bug.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

“Keep yer mouth closed.”

6 squillion points if anyone can tell me what movie that dialogue is from.😂😂😂 

1 hour ago, Slache said:

"Or you're dead, friend."

29 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

No, that’s not it!!!!

I know what it is, but I confess, I had to google.  Bummer - I love that movie, but I didn't remember that.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I think I ate a bug.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

“Keep yer mouth closed.”

6 squillion points if anyone can tell me what movie that dialogue is from.😂😂😂 

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

No, that’s not it!!!!

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell?

Overboard?

• Like 2

Love the movie Overboard.  Only the original one though, not the remake.

My dad is getting stents put in tomorrow.  

I'm tired and have a headache. 

Just finished setting up school for the kids since I couldnt do it yesterday due to running to and from hospital.

Ready for bed but supposed to call stepmom at 9:30. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!  We have a winner!  Kristi, tell our winner what she has won......!

Thank you, Lynn!! I’ll tell you what she’s won....Junie has won an all expense paid vacation for two to beautiful Reykjavik, Iceland!!! Enjoy all that this isolated rock in the North Atlantic has to offer... in one of the “cleanest, greenest and safest cities in the world.” (Quote Wikipedia). And when you’re tired of the arctic, we’ll send you to enjoy the hippos, gorillas and whales in the equatorial country of Gabon. You’ll have to look on a map to see exactly where you’re going, but that’s ok. Due to the consistent political unrest in that country, we’ll throw in two security guards and some body armor for free!!  But that’s not all.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Thank you, Lynn!! I’ll tell you what she’s won....Junie has won an all expense paid vacation for two to beautiful Reykjavik, Iceland!!! Enjoy all that this isolated rock in the North Atlantic has to offer... in one of the “cleanest, greenest and safest cities in the world.” (Quote Wikipedia). And when you’re tired of the arctic, we’ll send you to enjoy the hippos, gorillas and whales in the equatorial country of Gabon. You’ll have to look on a map to see exactly where you’re going, but that’s ok. Due to the consistent political unrest in that country, we’ll throw in two security guards and some body armor for free!!  But that’s not all.....

:svengo:

I would love to go!

ETA:  Booyah!  I won the grand prize!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In truth, I barely remember the movie.  My dad used to watch movies a lot.  I would sit in the living room with him and keep him company.

This was in the days before cable, so everything was cleaned up for broadcast tv.  I'm sure there are some movies that I wouldn't even recognize in their original form.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I hate Texas water. Help.

TN water is also gross.  Tastes like bleach.  Try a super duty water filter - Brita just gets out the large chunks.  (Ha!  I was quoting my little brother there.)

I liked Another Stakeout.  Also Sneakers.  And Conspiracy Theory.

• Like 1

So, some things to know about Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5:  It is probably the most sarcastic symphonic work ever composed.  He despised Stalin and his regime, and the joke was on them as they cheered wildly for it.  Blaring, annoying military marches, awkward dancing with a forced smile, and a death march coinciding with a triumphant ending.  All the while, some stunningly beautiful moments catch you by surprise.  He intended it to be emotionally and physically exhausting for the musicians and audience.  I love it. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1