Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Under the couch? In the cushions? Can the cats find it?

Believe it or not, I actually checked the cushions (she had brought it to me to cut, but I was on the phone on the couch). It's a BLOCK of cheese! How does this happen?!?!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

All evening activities at our county's public schools are canceled.  I know because of orchestra.  But when I look at the radar for the next couple hours, it doesn't look that bad - some green, a little yellow, no red for us.  I'm watching the news/weather now....

They closed all the schools in our area 2 hours early for about 45 seconds of light rain.

• Like 3

I edited. As per regs, I did not die. I'm supposed to talk to a tradionally published writer tomorrow. I'm nervous. 

Story goes back to agent tomorrow for assessment as to whether I flunked editing or not. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We're home!  We had a great day at ds34's house.  Great food, weather was perfect, ds12 made gluten-free brownies with ddil, he planted a row in the garden with ds34 and some of the dgc.  Dh and I took ds12 to Game Stop after we were back, to get part of his present.

I'm pooped.

I didn't know. I figured if I was wrong it would be ok.

• Like 2

Happy Friday and ITT Anniversary!

So I need help from all you people who are good with the words.   I need to make a sign.

I run four 8-week sessions of classes a year.  Certain classes are typical full.   I've been asking people toward the end of one session if they plan to return the next session so I can make sure they have a space (especially in classes where I limit it to 6 students).  I have had to turn away students who were interested in those classes.   I'm getting too big to just be able to casually ask people, so I want to make a sign asking people to let us know if they plan to continue and that unclaimed spaces will only be held to the end of the current session (which gives me one week between sessions for registrations).   But I'm having trouble making it sound friendly and like I want to make sure they have a spot if they want it, but without being a paragraph long.

Help?

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!}

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

It’s ITT’s Anniversary!!! Break out the caviar and champagne. Where’s Rocco and the Boys??? Music, dancing, expensive gifts for everyone.

It’s also the Ides of March, so.... on the other hand...Beware!!

And in other news.....

It’s Friday here in sunny California. 

We will attempt to do school. Yesterday in Bible we learned that Samson killed 1,000 Fizzlelites with the jawbone of a donkey. And in junior high grammar, we learned the difference between “your” and “you’re”. “Your zipper is down.” As opposed to “You’re socially awkward.” But I guess we are learning something.

DD has allergy shots today and this afternoon I am going with my mom to the plant store, which I definitely looking forward to.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Happy Friday and ITT Anniversary!

So I need help from all you people who are good with the words.   I need to make a sign.

I run four 8-week sessions of classes a year.  Certain classes are typical full.   I've been asking people toward the end of one session if they plan to return the next session so I can make sure they have a space (especially in classes where I limit it to 6 students).  I have had to turn away students who were interested in those classes.   I'm getting too big to just be able to casually ask people, so I want to make a sign asking people to let us know if they plan to continue and that unclaimed spaces will only be held to the end of the current session (which gives me one week between sessions for registrations).   But I'm having trouble making it sound friendly and like I want to make sure they have a spot if they want it, but without being a paragraph long.

Help?

Unclaimed spaces will only be held until the end of the current session.

(I don’t think that’s rude, but if you sound too friendly and soft, people won’t think you are serious)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

From the Anniversary Archives, 2017:

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometimes today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties.

:wub: to all!  

Professormom

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

From the Archives:

🍻 To the ITT!

In three (four) years we have....
birthed babies
moved fathers
finished a graduate degree
buried loved ones
moved
contemplated moving
adopted new furry babies
won.... and lost....
grafted fruit trees
planned, planted and harvested gardens
written a novel and sought for agents
graduated children and sent them to college
started therapies
started new jobs
.... and maybe even educated our children.

Hear!  Hear!  
Lynn, 3/15/2018

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yay! ITT anniversary!

Today, I sent off my novel to my agent for her approval or a stamp of try, try again.  I'm half hoping for try, try again, but I really want to hear that I improved in between. That was hard work. It's such an intricate story with a complex plot that it's hard to take it all apart for revision every time. This next story should be easier. Much less complex. It has one plot line and a single subplot at present. 

For now, I'm just super tired and feel like I need a day in the woods somewhere quiet and peaceful. But I'm not sure if the weather and time will allow that for me. Might just have to tough it out until April.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

From the Archives:

🍻 To the ITT!

In three (four) years we have....
birthed babies
moved fathers
finished a graduate degree
buried loved ones
moved
contemplated moving
adopted new furry babies
won.... and lost....
grafted fruit trees
planned, planted and harvested gardens
written a novel and sought for agents
graduated children and sent them to college
started therapies
started new jobs
.... and maybe even educated our children.

Hear!  Hear!  
Lynn, 3/15/2018

Awwww!! What has happened to us this year???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Awwww!! What has happened to us this year???

My entire life's projection has changed. Matt's job has changed our family's schedule and hopefully soon income bracket, moving to Texas instead of the Midwest is a huge lifestyle difference for me, especially considering the amount of time, or lack there of, that I will be spending with some of the most toxic and controlling people in my life. Also, we went to Disneyland which was not life-changing but something I always wanted to do and never thought we would be able to.

• Like 6

Chem lab didn't work again despite trying it multiple times.  So we ended up giving up, reading through the entire thing, copying the table from the answer key (of expected measurements) and using those in the equations.  90% of the labs have worked so I guess that I shouldn't gripe but I always hate it when the chemicals/ solutions refuse to cooperate. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Chem lab didn't work again despite trying it multiple times.  So we ended up giving up, reading through the entire thing, copying the table from the answer key (of expected measurements) and using those in the equations.  90% of the labs have worked so I guess that I shouldn't gripe but I always hate it when the chemicals/ solutions refuse to cooperate. 

That’s what happened to the alchemists, which is what we learned today in our chemistry lesson. Actually, chemicals and solutions always cooperate. That’s what I like about chemistry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That’s what happened to the alchemists, which is what we learned today in our chemistry lesson. Actually, chemicals and solutions always cooperate. That’s what I like about chemistry.

I'm not sure if the last couple of vials of chemicals were old or what, but they didn't do what they were supposed to do.  And since the amounts are premeasured, we don't have unlimited amounts to try over and over again.  And since we got it all as part of a kit from the publisher, we didn't package the chemicals.  But we only bought the kit in September and it is designed to a year-long course. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And a bit more, 'cuz :wub:

Although introverted is what many of us are
Open and unashamed we share on ITT
Our friends here have truly raised the bar
No better company could there ever be 
Angi, 2018
-------------------------
A Haiku in Honor of ITT's 3rd Anniversary

A thread to ignore
Yet never be ignored here
True friendship abounds

Love, Duck

P.S.
Goodnight from the East Coast, ITT!

Here's to another year of friendship, fellowship, ramblings, booyahs, and COFFEE!

ETA: oxford comma.  Because we have standards to uphold around here, people

---------------------------
ITT

How happy this group has grown
Ramblin’ in this thread alone
Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear
Offered up for help to bear
Each member plays but one tiny part
Daily love to the others to impart
And members, in order to stay carefree,
Know not to go swimming in the sea  (ikslo)
-----------------------------------
An Anniversary Haiku

The ITT thread-
Fun, friendship, hashtags, and more-
It will never end  (Tex)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I was going to rest this weekend. Nope. I have to put together a synopsis for this story (done, just have to send a few different ones to see which one will be best for the length) and put together a synopsis for the sequel to go with the submission package, and tweak my bio to include the published poems from the end of last year. So much for a weekend off! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dh and dd12 just left for a Scout camping weekend.  Dd12 is beyond excited.  It will be below freezing for the next couple nights, but they have cold weather gear and those nifty hand warmer things.

I have another wedding tomorrow, most likely sans the drama of last weekend.  

I made 5 eye doctor appointments today - in April and May.  Some of us are rather overdue.

Tonight we continue our celebration with leftover pie!  :smile:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Unclaimed spaces will only be held until the end of the current session.

(I don’t think that’s rude, but if you sound too friendly and soft, people won’t think you are serious)

I like it.  Simple and to the point.  I'll add some cute graphics or smiley faces and it will be friendly.  😜

ETA:  It's not like they can't register after that point.  It's just that I can't promise a space will be available if they don't register by that point.

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'm not sure if the last couple of vials of chemicals were old or what, but they didn't do what they were supposed to do.  And since the amounts are premeasured, we don't have unlimited amounts to try over and over again.  And since we got it all as part of a kit from the publisher, we didn't package the chemicals.  But we only bought the kit in September and it is designed to a year-long course. 

My lab for oceanography didn't work today which is really lame since it wasn't that complicated.    Sometimes things just don't work.

I have cabbage indicator that turns clear.  I haven't been able to find any situation when cabbage indicator is supposed to be clear.   All the charts say neutral is bluish/purple.   

I also have a blood typing kit that the samples are no longer reacting with any of the indicators.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 4