Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Girls are at piano lessons. I bought some sweet little planties at Lowe's this morning, and I planted them in one of the flower boxes in my yard. There are many flower boxes scattered here and there. The are concrete and seem to be permanently attached to the ground. This one is in a sunny location so it got a lovely red geranium, some lobelia and some dusty miller and this thing with white flowers that is supposed to drape over the edge. It is all very pretty. Or will be more so when it grows.

I'm jelly. You can actually put flowers in the ground! We got snow this morning. Again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

RENAI!!!!!!  How lovely to see you!  It's a party guys!  We need root beer floats and chocolate and, and, and.... CONFETTI!!!  Renai is here!!!!  🎉🎉🎉

Lynn!! Darling! (Just no root beer for me please)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

And if they don't then we won't by the curriculum for the second time around. It's a win-win!

Yeah, I can't remember at what point I stopped enjoying them. I think around the last two books. 

Wait, the curriculum is consumable? You can't just save it?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Renai said:

Yeah, I can't remember at what point I stopped enjoying them. I think around the last two books. 

Wait, the curriculum is consumable? You can't just save it?

You missed the conversation! I want to do the curriculum later but I want to read the books now. I've decided to read the books and if we love them we will reread them and do the curriculum later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

You missed the conversation! I want to do the curriculum later but I want to read the books now. I've decided to read the books and if we love them we will reread them and do the curriculum later.

You've mentioned it to me.  Reading the books now is a good idea. My non-enthusiasm over the series as a whole is probably the reason I'm not interested in doing a curriculum with them. I don't think I ever actually explained that part to you, though. I was just kinda, meh, by the end. And I really hated the very end. I had wished I'd never ruined my positive feelings of the story by reading the entire series. You may want to pre-read the later books before reading them to your kids.

• Like 2

So, I'm gearing up for homeschool conference season. It's so crazy to write that. I would be going as a vendor, and possible speaker, rather than as an attendee. I'm finishing up some foreign language supplements to sell, and a couple of other things are in the works. I hope it's all worth it.

I also plan to revamp some classes this summer and am considering another series. What do ya'll think of a learning Spanish through science following after WTM order? (I currently have short classes dealing with one topic at a time.) They would be semester-long. I've been considering this for a while. I don't know how or when, but I will be exiting teaching and hopefully just writing curriculum, eventually.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'll drink Renai's root beer.  

Yesterday went well with the girl scout troop workshop.  Green screens are always fun and I have lots of dress-up props. 

Today is classes and a board game meet-up.   

Tomorrow dd has a TKD belt test, her last before she can go for black belt.   She also brought home an order form for a bo staff.   She already has double nunchuks.   Giving this kid weapons.....  

• Like 6

Good morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Happy Pi Day!!!!

School today. Dinner at my parents’ house as per every Thursday!!!

Happy Nirthday Angi’s DS!!

Drive safe JJM!!

Glad the headache is better, Junie!!!

Susan is consorting with the Russians!!!

Yay for weapons, Where’s Toto!!! 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

An Ode to Pie
by KrissiK

Pie.
I love pie.
Cream pie.
Fruit Pie.
Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.
Boysenberry pie, fresh from the oven with a side of high quality vanilla icecream, right there on the plate, melting just a little so the melted icecream mixes with the berry juices.
Pie.

• Like 4

More pie items from the ITT archives.

5 hours ago,  Susan in TN said: 
No one should ever turn down pie for any reason, except certain death
--------------------

Cough drops are not an acceptable substitute for pie.
Junie, Thanksgiving Day, 2017
-----------------------

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously!! We are 6th in General Education!! Priorities, people!! Priorities!!!

Well, both of the refurbs I bought in October went kaplunk, so Gymnast was on my computer doing her Chinese class.

That's my story...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

My afternoon took a brief turn for the crazy.  We were having lunch (pot pie) when we got a text that tutorial was closing 2 hours early due to a big storm coming through the area at 3:00.  (They generaly follow local school systems, all of which let out early.)  Aldi, tutorial, sign papers for next year, home to grab dd12, Walgreens for tetanus shot, home.

Not storming yet.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So we have wind 40-45 mph and some gusts as much as 69mph.  Tornados west of us.  But we just have a high wind warning, no tornado warning as far as I can tell.  I know you guys wanted to know.  🙂  

Yes, always for weather. Schools are closed the second day in a row here due to snow. Homeschool has not shut down however...

• Like 2