Menu

Ignore this thread!

I want pie. But I would have to make said pie, and I'm not in the mood to cook tonight or tomorrow night. There might be ice cream around, though. I could eat that for a dessert. DH went out to get food because I'm a limp noodle who can't be trusted with the stove. I didn't think I was this worn out, but guys, I'm worn out! I am super excited about delving into a new(ish) story, and getting this new synopsis put together for the sequel, and maybe getting a new critique partner, and helping out with a couple of other things, but man, I am just so tired! 

I'm going to have to do a better job of resting. Not to mention getting some healthful fresh air and sunshine. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so, out of curiosity.... I went back to the beginning of the thread and Slashie, Critter, Quackers And JJM all get special recognition because they have been on ITT since the beginning!!!!  👏👏👏👏👏👏

I helped make ITT, I started the Booya, and y'all ruined it. I EVEN GAVE YOU GUYS A BABY!

No respect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

The trophy is for the ITT and the super cute baby. Not the “Booya.” #cringeworthyspelling. #h 😁

Are booya and booyah pronounced differently? I do the 3rd a sound. I've heard boo-yeah, and that's what I imagine y'all are doing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Isn't booya from some tv show or something?  Some character that used to say it?

It definitely predates me, but I used to say it when I was young and I won something or did well on something. We used to race to get to the top of the page so when I got to the top of the page I would "yell" BOOYA! People did it with me for about 100 pages until someone came in and ruined it and then half of ITT ruined it and now it's ruined.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

It definitely predates me, but I used to say it when I was young and I won something or did well on something. We used to race to get to the top of the page so when I got to the top of the page I would "yell" BOOYA! People did it with me for about 100 pages until someone came in and ruined it and then half of ITT ruined it and now it's ruined.

It’s not ruined, it’s just...... varied.

• Like 3

And for ITTversary, I post the  Official Anthem:

Official anthem

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Time to water the plants!

In my grandmother's house we did not discuss bodily functions. Time to water the plants meant that you needed to use the restroom. "Do you need to water the plants, honey?" If a child had an accident they would say "I tried to water the plants and missed."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

In my grandmother's house we did not discuss bodily functions. Time to water the plants meant that you needed to use the restroom. "Do you need to water the plants, honey?" If a child had an accident they would say "I tried to water the plants and missed."

That's funny!  Or not?  Trigger warning!

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Looks like everyone survived the ITT-Anniversary Party at the Island. I think Rocco might have spiked those umbrella drinks just a little much. Ellie was last seen dancing on the coffee table with a lampshade on her head and, Susan, that dragon on your arm is just a henna tattoo, but it will take a couple weeks to come off.😂

Today is a busy day!! Housework, DH has a funeral this afternoon. A close family friend of his parents passed away. This evening is ice skating with Awana girls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Morning, although it's almost afternoon for me.

Barely slept, I had bad stomach cramps that I was thinking were digestive/something I ate, but now am wondering if its actually cramps.  I never used to get cramps (at least not much) but now that things are returning after my ablation, they seem to be starting.    I took Advil so I'm hoping that helps.   And lots of fiber in my tea.

Today I need to do laundry, do some class setup, maybe go visit my dad after the St Pat's parade in the town he's in rehab is over.  I definitely don't want to try and get there during that.  

I also have to make a phone call.   Turns out one of dd's online friends lives not that far away and they want to meet.  I told her the adults would have to discuss any plans and the mom did contact me last night asking that I can today.  I hate making phone calls but sometimes we do miserable things for our kids.  

• Like 3

We got home after midnight with Juliet and I am very tired. I am glad that I ended up taking her to the vet because about one hour after the Benadryl had taken down the swelling it starts to get bad again. She was given a steroid shot. The vet thinks spider bite because it was dark out and most bees etc wouldn't be out. And stinging nettles are too young at this time of the year here. She was growling and barking ferociously at the vet while simultaneously licking his hand. Talk about mixed messages!  

She is subdued this morning. I have to keep giving her Benadryl for a couple of days. No dog park today either. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

OK, I can hear the neighbor girl hacking away upstairs, even after consuming most of our cough drops.  Time to go home, sick child!

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Past time!!

No kidding!! Bring out the face masks!,

• Like 2

So, we dropped two oldest at church and then drove around town doing all the stupid puddly things I can never get done: gas station, car wash, thrift-store drop-off, deposit checks at the ATM. Actually didn’t take too long, but good grief.... why can I not get this stuff done during the week?? Now..... housework!!

• Like 3