Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Hope you are feeling better today, Jean.

School today, first violin/viola lessons of fall this afternoon and then children's choir, followed by a boy scout troop family dinner.  I have to fork out a bunch of moola for music today and figure out if we are bringing a side dish or dessert to the dinner.

coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning! Both my head and back are threatening murder this morning. Iam lying in bed, waiting for the medication to kick in. 

More editing today, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. I have a split on my first chapter. Everyone likes the tight version,  but wants the more narrative, thoughtful original. I am attempting to merge them today without losing my mind. 

I also have to get school going this week. It's not a great week to be me. But it's raining, and I get a few more minutes of peace before the day starts.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Busy Day today!!!

dentist for baby and me!! It’s not a bad thing. I like our hygienist. She’s 75 years old, has flaming red hair, drives a Camaro and talks a mile a minute.? She’s great!!

School. Today is our first “official”day of school. AKA this is when we start logging in our days. 

• Like 7

Good morning! I had to wake up earlier than usual and get pantz on because they are finally coming to fix our basement!! So many happy dance emojis should be here. They said it should only take a few weeks and really only about 7 days of them in the house. DS is beyond ready to move back into his room and we are too. 

Today is DS's nirthday! Happiest of happy birthdays to him! DS (16) is gone and now I only have 1 year left with my child. Because soon the child will be gone and I'll have an adult. I'm not ready. He's not ready. He said he wishes he could be 15 forever. It's hard to imagine letting go. Even snuggling Baby doesn't help. You'd think a new baby would make it easier to let an older baby go but it doesn't. I remember being 17, though, and it was a good age- so much fun to be almost an adult but still relatively free of responsibilities. I hope it's just as good for him.

• Like 8

Good morning!

Junie and Jean, I hope y'all feel better!

Slache, that habit journal looks so cool, I need to do one.

Happy Nirthday Paige's Ds!!

havent posted too much, have been in a funk and I don't know why.  Planned to begin school today but, I'm not even sort of ready, I think I will use this week to practice getting up at our scheduled time and getting our morning chores done.  I'm hopeful that this will make starting next week easier.  Hoping to get back later today but if I don't, I hope everyone has a great day!  Those that are starting today I'm praying it's a smooth day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Happy Nirthday, Paige's son!

We're headed to the dentist again today, also. 

I'm having my day of reckoning with my budget software. I've let receipts pile up for a couple of weeks. 

We have family flying in this week....we'll enjoy huddling inside away from the wildfire smoke. I warned them not to come now months ago, but, you know....stubborn. ?  Rephrased: we're going to have so much fun eating ice-cream and playing board games!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously. What.... are y’all doing school or something??

Cleaning.

Specifically, dumping a jar full of water, Barbie doll hair clippings, and chalk that Youngest stashed in the kids' bathroom cabinet.  Also, gathering bits of shredded kleenex from when she made Barbie wedding dresses. I'm also researching how to removed glued on coloring sheets from furniture without damaging the finish. Finally, removing contraband scissors, tape, markers, and glue from the girls' room.  Youngest once again has a sibling assigned to her 24/7 on guard duty. 

Off to the dentist (finally).....orthodontist ordered some baby teeth extracted for younger ds and ds is having imaging and molds made again this week. His permanent teeth are coming in WAY out of alignment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously. What.... are y’all doing school or something??

I was buying tomatoes and getting ready for canning. No school this week; DS was at a camp 9-12:30. This is the week to Cook All the Things. We start school on Labor Day.

• Like 5

So, the new Monday routine for me is to leave at 9am with youngest and take her to a co-op for two classes.  While she's in them, I either take work to the library or run errands or maybe meet another homeschool mom for coffee (yay!).  After she's finished, I pick her up, take her to lunch and do math.  Then we go to her violin lesson.  And then we come home.  Home at 3:30.  Everyone else has work for outsourced classes and OYAN with dh during the day.  Except I still need to do math and Byline with other dd.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So, the new Monday routine for me is to leave at 9am with youngest and take her to a co-op for two classes.  While she's in them, I either take work to the library or run errands or maybe meet another homeschool mom for coffee (yay!).  After she's finished, I pick her up, take her to lunch and do math.  Then we go to her violin lesson.  And then we come home.  Home at 3:30.  Everyone else has work for outsourced classes and OYAN with dh during the day.  Except I still need to do math and Byline with other dd.  

No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know what sucks?  When your DH starts freaking about the cost of a move and asks you to work lots of OT right before your boss emails you to say not to work any OT through the end of the month.

Sorry, Ellie, but I hate Mondays.

Edited by ikslo
  • Sad 5

36 minutes ago, ikslo said:

You know what sucks?  When your DH starts freaking about the cost of a move and asks you to work lots of OT right before your boss emails you to say not to work any OT through the end of the month.

Sorry, Ellie, but I hate Mondays.

That’s not good.?

• Like 2

My children have opted to scrounge for dinner. This is a good thing, because it's hard to eat words. I have a late night ahead of me merging two versions of a single chapter to improve the flow, but I also can't add any words. Just another magic trick I've got to learn inside of four hours. I do plan to go to bed sometime tonight.

In better news, my neck and back improved with some walking and moving around. I also managed to put together a reasonably clear one page synopsis. Distilling 110,000 words into 600 isn't easy, but I did it. Now I will find the most epic music I can find, and play it nonstop until I get this revised chapter put together so people can rip it apart tomorrow. Fun city.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Yep.  Everything will be okay in the end, but DH is freaking out.  

You could be like that one minimalist who has the free book on amazon prime lending library that just got rid of all of his stuff so that he could move in a suitcase in 20 minutes.

Or not.

Slache, my bed is covered in three loads of unfolded laundry. I'm totally jelly of the fact that your stuff is folded. Ok, off to have a snack and pay a couple of bills and the fourth load of laundry should be done by then. Imma fold it all at once.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We're home.  Sorry to have neglected you, ITT.  We were at music lessons, then children's choir (I took a nice walk around the beautiful campus of the university), and then the Boy Scout family dinner.  I was really good and grabbed a burger without a bun and some berries but then negated the whole thing with a generous helping of "State Fair Blue Ribbon Banana Pudding".  It couldn't be helped, really. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Things are looking up.  Probably because it’s almost Tuesday.

Realtor is checking background on a possible house, so DH didn’t sound so grumpy tonight.  First house he’s seen where he didn’t give me the poop emoji.  It happens to be one of my favorites of all the ones I sent him.  So cross your fingers for us (or pray if that’s your thing).

Second thing is I mixed the can of leftover wall paint that was mistakenly left in the garage (hot/cold/hot/cold).  I stirred and stirred and held my breath as I tested a spot on the wall.  It blended in and was true to color.  Woot!  I was hoping with all my might that I wouldn’t have to buy new paint  and repaint all the walls.  Phew!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Things are looking up.  Probably because it’s almost Tuesday.

Realtor is checking background on a possible house, so DH didn’t sound so grumpy tonight.  First house he’s seen where he didn’t give me the poop emoji.  It happens to be one of my favorites of all the ones I sent him.  So cross your fingers for us (or pray if that’s your thing).

Second thing is I mixed the can of leftover wall paint that was mistakenly left in the garage (hot/cold/hot/cold).  I stirred and stirred and held my breath as I tested a spot on the wall.  It blended in and was true to color.  Woot!  I was hoping with all my might that I wouldn’t have to buy new paint  and repaint all the walls.  Phew!

You're buying a place without seeing it?

Camp day 1:

Busy, long day, feet hurt

Good group. Twelve in my class. 

Teens are sneaking up to my area to do crafts with me so I had zero down time. If I see one more perler bead I might snap. 

Feeling better today. I don’t know for sure because I don’t have a thermometer but I am pretty sure I had a fever that broke in the middle of last night. 

• Like 6

Good Tuesday Morning!  COFFEE!!!!

It was pouring rain a few minutes ago.  i think I'll wait and walk when I take 13yo ds to his class.  

Ikslo, yay for matching paint and a potential house!  Fingers and toes crossed; prayers said!

Jean, so glad you are feeling better!  Thank you for loving on kids when it's not easy!

• Like 4

Good morning!

I woke up thinking it was Friday.  Alas and alac.  :sad:  Tuesday.

Slache, I believe Matt was giving the opening line of the bestselling novel that you are supposed to write.  Better get to it.

Glad you are doing better, Jean!  I suspect those teens find you a kindred spirit. :wub:

We have nowhere to go today!  Regular lessons.  I need to practice Bernstein. There are three large almost-perfectly-ripe tomatoes out back that the squirrels haven't gotten to - I'm planning BLTs for dinner tomorrow!  

Coffee!

• Like 5

With the exception of a few teen campers who are new, I have taught every single camper in that camp at some  point. 

I should explain that a good portion of these kids come from pretty rough backgrounds.  Some have been adopted into stable homes  but many are still in pretty rocky situations. We have kids who have survived by eating out if dumpsters. We have others who have mental illness which aren’t necessarily stabilized . Most have "baggage" of some kind. For some parents or guardians we are really providing a week of respite. We do have some kids like Dd who have stable two parent Christian homes but honestly we have met a lot of Christian parents who don't want their kids around "those kids" even in a Christian program with lots of safe supervision. 

I love  these kids but I worry about the ones who don’t come  any more- especially when I hear stories of current things going in in their lives. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School!!

Not nearly as busy a day as yesterday!! Whew!!

OK, I have an extremely interesting bit of trivia to share. It may not interest any of you, but I was just stunned and fascinated and feel the need to share. I’m reading the best book right now, “The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Inlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America’s Enemies” by Jason Fagone. It’s about Elizebeth Friedman, a woman (and her husband) who pioneered codebreaking, beginning around WWI. Anyhow, she worked for the Coast Guard during WWII, breaking Nazi codes and when Hitler set his sights on Britain, Britain sent a bunch of operatives to the US to try to get the US to join the war because the Brits knew they didn’t have the resources to beat Hitler. So, there’s a bunch of British spies in the US, specifically Washington DC and NYC, two of which are Ian Fleming (of James Bond fame) and Roald Dahl. And apparently Roald Dahl was a favorite of FDR, and got a lot of classified info out of him. Roald Dahl was en extremely effective spy, apparently. I had absolutely no idea those two guys were British spies. I guess it makes sense, now, about Ian Fleming. And from what I read in this book, he probably based the Bond character on Roald Dahl. ? Oh, and they tried to convince J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI to work with them to share intellegince, but Hoover was unwilling, so FDR set up another intelligence unit to work with the Brits which later became the CIA. And my favorite line in the book so far, “So this is where the CIA began- with J. Edgar Hoover telling the British to go to hell, and the British not appreciating it.”      

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

Good morning!  Worked like a dog yesterday on the yard so didn't get to come back and post.  Today's mission, should I choose to accept it, is to get some sort of nourishment in the house and spend the rest of the time on laundry and lesson planning, my big boys science kit came yesterday and it is awesome.

Jean, glad you're feeling better 

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1