Menu

Ignore this thread!

You guys, if you don't hear from me it is because I died of school shopping with an indecisive little bird and her friend. You will hear of them excavating my corpse from under a clearance rack of underpants at Target.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Do you ever successfully listen to audiobooks?  How do you do it?

Every once in a while I get the brilliant idea to listen to audiobooks while crocheting or something.  And about 5 minutes later decide to give up before I tear out all my hair and throw the birds outside and hate everyone in the house.

I can only do it on long car rides.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

You guys, if you don't hear from me it is because I died of school shopping with an indecisive little bird and her friend. You will hear of them excavating my corpse from under a clearance rack of underpants at Target.

Ahem.

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:
ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

Awesome!  A rules and regulations reminder booyah!

Here are a few more, in case Some People need reminding:

1 hour ago, 30 May 2018 - 3:13 PM ikslo said:
  One can say yes to mint juleps.  ITT rule WTM 56.96.

------------------------------

ThatBookwormMom, on 19 Jan 2018 - 6:56 PM, said:
There need be no valid reason for chocolate. Chocolate is its own reason

--------------------

5 hours ago,  Susan in TN said: 
No one should ever turn down pie for any reason, except certain death
--------------------

Cough drops are not an acceptable substitute for pie.
Junie, Thanksgiving Day, 2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Since only my oldest and youngest are home tonight, dh thought we should go out for dinner.  Sal's Family Pizza.  :wub:  I ordered an Italian sausage roll, which turned out to be an entire stromboli.  I shared and brought some home.  Then we walked from there to my town's bicentennial park where we climbed around on the rocks by the river.

I am eager to hear about Jean's return home and new grandbunny.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Every once in a while I get the brilliant idea to listen to audiobooks while crocheting or something.  And about 5 minutes later decide to give up before I tear out all my hair and throw the birds outside and hate everyone in the house.

Yes, I do all the time!  I do it while folding laundry or at bedtime so, I often have to go back and listen to chapters the next day because sometimes I fall asleep 

• Like 1

We are back from the mountains. The drive is always a nightmare and somehow, tonight it seemed worse than ever. Narrow and extremely curvy roads. Ugh!!  But, we had a great day. Had fun at the Silent Auction. I bid on and won a lovely nectarine cobbler for DH. And some decorative lights for girls’ room. And some frozen lasagna. Homemade. My friend makes them as a fundraiser for this orphanage in Thailand. She used to make them every fall and I’d always buy one because they are amazing and it’s nice to have something in the freezer. But she said she wasn’t going to make them this fall because she had too much going on. But she did make them for the Silent Auction for the Fall Festival. So, I got them there.?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Only on long car rides.

• Like 1

I can't listen to audiobooks.  My mind starts to wander almost immediately.  I'm the same way listening to lectures in classrooms, no matter how hard I try if there isn't something visual my mind wanders.   I wish I could, I'd love to listen to books in the car or while doing dishes or other chores.  I have to be satisfied with music or tv.

Running back over to the classroom today to clean up from the open houses and set up for next weeks camps.  I also desperately need to do laundry.  These last few weeks have been so nuts with getting everything finalized and doing the open houses that my house has been seriously neglected.  We took so much stuff out of the house, I have lots of room to rearrange things and get organized.  I just need the time (and energy) to do it.

Both kids are feeling crappy.  I thought it was allergies with ds because the ragweed counts were high and I know that's his (and my) biggest trigger.  But, now dd has "caught" whatever he has so I guess it's not allergies.  Sore throat, cough, sneezing, runny noses - probably just a cold since no fever and the aches/pains aren't THAT bad.  

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I will never get it right except by dumb luck, literally.  :laugh:

Yes, you will. It isn't that hard, especially if you know that someone **coughcoughmecoughcough** will nag you about it remind you, lol.

You lie down. Your child lies down. The dog lies on the floor. The blanket lies on the sofa.  You're going to lie down and take a nap. "Lie" has no direct object.

You lay your book down. You lay your child down. You lay the laundry basket on the floor. "Lay" has to have a direct object.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Yes, you will. It isn't that hard, especially if you know that someone **coughcoughmecoughcough** will nag you about it remind you, lol.

You lie down. Your child lies down. The dog lies on the floor. The blanket lies on the sofa.  You're going to lie down and take a nap. "Lie" has no direct object.

You lay your book down. You lay your child down. You lay the laundry basket on the floor. "Lay" has to have a direct object.

I'm almost proficient with the present tense.  It's the past tense and the past participle that I don't know automatically.

• Like 3

Good morning, I should be getting ready for church but, I wanted to chat a minute with you guys.

Jean welcome home!

Where's Toto?--I hope the kiddies feel better soon.

((Slache)) I just felt like hugging someone and you were closest.

Guys, my Ds arrived home last night, he snuck in and I'd didn't get to see him until this morning!!  How'd he sneak, he usually sounds like a herd of buffalo tramping into the house, lol.  Anyway, I'm happy he's home.

• Like 2

Good morning! I promise to check in tonight to prove I haven't died. Submission day is tomorrow, and I have to add a quarter cup of drama to one chapter, a pinch of clarity to the same, two tablespoons of sugar to another chapter, and finish the lot off with a dollop of whipped cream in the dessert chapter.

See y'all later!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ellie said:

You explained this before and I immediately thought of the book "Laying Down The Rails" and I've done it right since then.

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm almost proficient with the present tense.  It's the past tense and the past participle that I don't know automatically.

Yes, Ellie fix this for us, please.

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning, I should be getting ready for church but, I wanted to chat a minute with you guys.

Jean welcome home!

Where's Toto?--I hope the kiddies feel better soon.

((Slache)) I just felt like hugging someone and you were closest.

Guys, my Ds arrived home last night, he snuck in and I'd didn't get to see him until this morning!!  How'd he sneak, he usually sounds like a herd of buffalo tramping into the house, lol.  Anyway, I'm happy he's home.

Morning hugs! ((Mama))

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I almost forgot!  I need to do payroll today!

Oh, dear. Not a good thing to forget.

• Like 2

Speaking of grammar we are loving Fix It.

If y'all missed my pet thread John wants a pet. He wants not a dog or cat, but one that's just his. He's very mature and responsible for his age so we began looking and have settled on a leopard gecko. He wanted a rabbit the most but I don't want a large cage and I think the amount of care and affection his pet will receive long term is more befitting a gecko than a bunny. So he's getting a gecko in a 10 gallon tank, a cricket farm and a mealworm farm after we move. I'm pretty excited. For him and for me. My mom didn't allow reptiles and all the pets were hers anyway. I hope it doesn't it live for 25 years.

• Like 3

Ack!  Where are you guys?  Not taking this thread seriously!  

We finished up a wee bit of school work that got neglected when we went to the state fair on Friday.  Dh has taken 16yo ds on a driving lesson.  ?  I sent an email for older two to take the PSAT with local private school.  I've updated everyone's planners for the week except for 16yo ds, but he pretty much runs his own.  Imma do some laundry.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Ack!  Where are you guys?  Not taking this thread seriously!  

We finished up a wee bit of school work that got neglected when we went to the state fair on Friday.  Dh has taken 16yo ds on a driving lesson.  ?  I sent an email for older two to take the PSAT with local private school.  I've updated everyone's planners for the week except for 16yo ds, but he pretty much runs his own.  Imma do some laundry.  

I cleaned up the kitchen after making lunch and cinnamon rolls. Now, I am resting.

• Like 3

That woman is getting worse. Or she's been worse since the wedding. I think I've come to the conclusion that the directory thing last week is all about voting rights in a round about way. It would make sense if I explained it but I'm not going to. And we're losing 2 members which is great because I think we have 12. I don't know how much longer we'll last.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Ellie said:

Can I lay my own self down?  :biggrin:  What about Sally?  Can Sally lay down?

Edited by Susan in TN

The problem with lie and lay lies in lie having lay as its past tense. Sally must lie down now, but it may be that she lay down yesterday.

It was hard not to smile in a sermon themed "Listen" when the air conditioning was up too high and I could scarcely hear.

Not much else new in the nest! We defrosted the little fridge. I need to bake and freeze some muffins. The freezer's rather full, though. (DS helped by finishing the ice cream, but now he wants me to buy more.)

• Like 5

Since the house was relatively quiet today, with 4 of 6 kids out of the house, I listened to Steinbeck's The Red Pony while crocheting.  Got 9 scarf rows done.  I don't think I care much for Steinbeck.  I read some literary analysis on it and still didn't like it.  I'm going to try to find opportunities to listen to Middlemarch, but I've read some literary stuff on that one and I am a little skeptical of it.  Maybe it's wonderful - "they" say it could be argued to be the greatest English novel ever written.  I am not known for my taste in literature.  :ph34r:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hey. Hey. I talked to my son on the phone. It was so good to talk to him. 

How is he doing?  Housing working out OK?

College Nephew Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Since the house was relatively quiet today, with 4 of 6 kids out of the house, I listened to Steinbeck's The Red Pony while crocheting.  Got 9 scarf rows done.  I don't think I care much for Steinbeck.  I read some literary analysis on it and still didn't like it.  I'm going to try to find opportunities to listen to Middlemarch, but I've read some literary stuff on that one and I am a little skeptical of it.  Maybe it's wonderful - "they" say it could be argued to be the greatest English novel ever written.  I am not known for my taste in literature.  :ph34r:

I love Steinbeck. I went through a Steinbeck phase in my 20’s. He was pretty bohemian. 

• Like 1