Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

So.  Tired.

I forgot how much time I spend on my feet when we’re schooling.  Basically I’m just circling the kitchen table constantly for about three hours with occasional darts to the bathroom and kitchen.  I’m out of condition!

it’s going better than I thought it would.  No mutinies so far.  Grumbling has actually lessened slightly.  Lego Lass likes the Apologia book, thanks ladies!

I feel the same way - on my feet all over the place, but can't get my steps in without major effort.  Hate that "effort" part.  :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

In Dallas? I think I'm going to that one. If so do you know the day?

Austin. June 6 and 7.

There's the Great Homeschool Convention in March? Something like that, in Dallas. I might be at that one, but I'm doing the one in Austin. You'll come down for that, too, right? Because me....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt's friend went to the beach today, parked in the sand during low tide and came back during high tide to a very expensive surprise.

There's a FB page for the Outer Banks (of NC) called "Oregon Inlet Idiots." o_0

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Yes ma'am I am!

We haven't settled on how much, but it will be reasonable. The exhibit hall will be open on Thursday evening for Texas Home Educators members who pre-registered, and then there will be workshops and exhibit hall on Friday.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Sorry about those bad dreams.  

I think I'll shop at Aldi after dropping the kids off at youth group tonight.  Otherwise, just a regular school day today.  

Yesterday I got the kids' Christmas music organized in their binders and had them go through the new pieces and the Charlie Brown Christmas medley, which was new last year.  There was a bit of protest (It's August!), but I think they liked the music overall.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ellie said:

We haven't settled on how much, but it will be reasonable. The exhibit hall will be open on Thursday evening for Texas Home Educators members who pre-registered, and then there will be workshops and exhibit hall on Friday.

Do you know who the speakers will be yet?  A general list?

10 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Do you know who the speakers will be yet?  A general list?

The speakers will be....local homeschoolers. Yes. There are many amazing, accomplished people teaching their children; we don't need professional authors and bloggers and whatnot. :-)

• Like 5

14 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Question..... how can Lorelai Gilmore continue to have such a terrific bod when all she eats is pizza and huge cheeseburgers?? It’s just not fair.

She's only 32 and she has the genes for it?

I so do not have the energy to do everything I ought to be doing right now. :/ I need to channel my inner one-year-old without becoming any less responsible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Sorry about those bad dreams.  

I think I'll shop at Aldi after dropping the kids off at youth group tonight.  Otherwise, just a regular school day today.  

Yesterday I got the kids' Christmas music organized in their binders and had them go through the new pieces and the Charlie Brown Christmas medley, which was new last year.  There was a bit of protest (It's August!), but I think they liked the music overall.  

Coffee!

I do Christmasy things in August. Sometimes i’ll Listen to Christmas music (with nobody else around so they don’t think i’m Crazy) or i’ll Watch one of those Hallmark Christmas movies. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

She's only 32 and she has the genes for it?

I so do not have the energy to do everything I ought to be doing right now. ? I need to channel my inner one-year-old without becoming any less responsible.

Yeah, and she’s also a television character. Lol. As I tell my kids, “television is not reality”.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

The speakers will be....local homeschoolers. Yes. There are many amazing, accomplished people teaching their children; we don't need professional authors and bloggers and whatnot. ?

And just to clarify a little more, none of our exhibitors will do any workshops, other than a workshop specific to their product.

• Like 1

Brainstorming with my critique partner this morning, and then I'm editing this chapter, and buckling down on the next one. I also have the Magna Carta of the hot place to write, also known as The Dread Synopsis. Must do today. Then schedule a hot soaky bath because I will be in tears.

• Like 5

We're stuck inside again today.  We decided to deep clean before school starts after all. DS is tackling the light fixtures and baseboards. I'm doing windows and touching up walls. We're going to beeswax the wooden furniture and condition the leather couches tomorrow if the smoke haze is still here (and it looks like it will be). It'll be good to get all of that done....I won't have to think about it again until Christmas break. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

There are fires in our state and the two states south of us.  The smoke from all of those are wafting this way.  Plus they are probably mixing with the pollution already here from the metropolitan area. . Our skies are ashy grey and sometimes brownish. 

Our air is clearing up a bit. It doesn’t have that ghostly quality it did a couple weeks ago. The Ferguson Fire in Yosemite, which is the closest one to us is coming close to full containment.

• Like 3

I got some Latin done. Haven’t done that in a while. It felt good and I was mostly correct in my translations. But then again Latin to English is infinitely easier than English to Latin.

Now I am looking to read for a few minutes before picking up DS from school. I got 3 books from the liberry yesterday. “Love in the Time of Cholera” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, “Playing for Pizza” by John Grisham and “The Woman Who Smashed Codes:A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America’s Enemies” by Jason Fagone.  I started the last one yesterday. It’s good. I love books about really smart people.

• Like 6