Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm up.  Coffee-less at the moment.  

National Emergency!  Call the staff!  Fire up the Stealth 'copter!

41 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I think I'm in love with your director!

He is such a doll.  Very nice guy.  Amazingly gifted.     http://www.eliassalazar.com

21 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I have walked and coffee'ed.  Next up - de-goat.  

Wow - way to get a good start on the day!  Thank goodness you got some coffee.  

I got all my steps in yesterday!  ?

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

I slept much better last night. Thanks for asking, Lynn. Didn’t wake up at all.

Busy day...7:30 appt. at DS1’s school with the guidance counselor. DS2 has an ortho and this afternoon I take DS1 to the Big City in the South (our regular Big City is north of us, but occasionally we go to the one in the south, which isn’t nearly as big as the one in the north) to the tutoring place.

• Like 3

It poured rain this morning. The creek is full, but not flooded. This bodes well for a river trip someday next week. Today I am going to try to reboot school, but I hear the turtles griping at each other, "You be quiet. I'm writing." "No, YOU be quiet. I'M writing." It might be one of those light school days. Get math and foreign language done and write like crazy things for the rest of the day.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Southern Ivy said:

Morning all! 

Public schools started today - a very rainy morning (nothing like having indoor recess on your first day ?).
Meanwhile, my daughter is taking a bubble bath. lol We take learning very seriously in our home. 

Well, you know what they say, “cleanliness is next to godliness.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

It poured rain this morning. The creek is full, but not flooded. This bodes well for a river trip someday next week. Today I am going to try to reboot school, but I hear the turtles griping at each other, "You be quiet. I'm writing." "No, YOU be quiet. I'M writing." It might be one of those light school days. Get math and foreign language done and write like crazy things for the rest of the day.

Honestly, Critter, math, languages and writing...... kind of sounds like the perfect school. Really! That’s not light.

• Like 3

Adult daycare is awesome! It is way better than leaving an impaired person alone for hours on end and hoping for the best.

We are running HEPA filters in addition to our HVAV HEPA filters to try to keep breathing through this wildfire smoke. It’s not the worst ever but not super fun to be outside in. I canceled our morning walk without guilt.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Junie said:

There is a whole lotta "I don't wanna" going on around here.  Mine, mostly.  ?

Same here. And this mama isn’t going for it. Good grief, how hard is it for a 12 year old girl to draw a picture of something that was created on each day of creation. And we’re talking crayon type drawings. I got so much complaining. And now the almost-8 year old is laying on the floor crying because she has to copy a paragraph.

i have a Booya/h. I can’t believe I didn’t notice this before.

This Booy/a is dedicated to all the Moms out there who are homeschooling uncooperative children.

Edited by KrissiK
Claiming the Booya/h
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

I need words!  

Ds13's former teacher just texted me to remind me that lessons start next Tuesday, not today.  Um.  I guess the message did not get to her that she will not be teaching him any more.  My mind is a blank!  Help me word a text that tells her that ds has a new teacher and is not taking lessons from her any more.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I need words!  

Ds13's former teacher just texted me to remind me that lessons start next Tuesday, not today.  Um.  I guess the message did not get to her that she will not be teaching him any more.  My mind is a blank!  Help me word a text that tells her that ds has a new teacher and is not taking lessons from her any more.

I'm sorry that you didn't receive my earlier message.  Ds13 will be taking lessons with another teacher this semester.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I need a list of healthy snacks that my kids can pack for themselves that are braces friendly and max $.40/serving. Ideas? I am coming up with a master list that my picky kids can all pick from weekly before I go grocery shopping. Rotation is key—my kids are totally burned out on hard boiled eggs, bananas, and yogurt but need to snack for health reasons. I am drawing a blank beyond the obvious fruits and veggies.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I need a list of healthy snacks that my kids can pack for themselves that are braces friendly and max $.40/serving. Ideas? I am coming up with a master list that my picky kids can all pick from weekly before I go grocery shopping. Rotation is key—my kids are totally burned out on hard boiled eggs, bananas, and yogurt but need to snack for health reasons. I am drawing a blank beyond the obvious fruits and veggies.

Braces friendly - that's a tough one.  String cheese?  Yogurt covered raisins?  Pirate Booty?  Not sure about the cost/serving on those.

Have any of you bought a mattress lately?  We haven't bought one in a long time - back when everything was mattress and boxsprings.  Is that still a thing, lol?  Do we want some new-fangled thing that sits in a frame-thingy instead?  What's the benefit?  I want something decent, relatively firm, not terribly expensive and will last.  Any tips?  (This would be a twin size, possibly X-long.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Have any of you bought a mattress lately?  We haven't bought one in a long time - back when everything was mattress and boxsprings.  Is that still a thing, lol?  Do we want some new-fangled thing that sits in a frame-thingy instead?  What's the benefit?  I want something decent, relatively firm, not terribly expensive and will last.  Any tips?  (This would be a twin size, possibly X-long.)

A Lucid latex or latex hybrid. It's the most comfortable mattress I've ever been on and it was $200. Being latex made a huge difference in Matt's asthmar.

• Like 2

Day 2 of 3 at the neuropsych done

And now I'm going to let out my inner snark.

"Your daughter is an angel!"  Snark - "If I can't trust her to behave like a normally adjusted human being at age 16 we would need more than just testing. . . "

"Your daughter eats so healthy!"  Snark - "She doesn't really, but despite explaining celiac disease to you two days in a row, you don't seem to understand that she can't just accept random gum or chip packets."  Also - Dd's comment to me is that they are the  most "Filipino of any non-Filipino's" she knows - constantly pushing food on her.  So additional snark "Do you really need to bribe a 16 year old with food?"

"You came on time!".  Snark - "Well, yes.  I do own a calendar and a watch."

It's not the actual words so much as the complete amazement that they put in voice and expression every time they say something . .     And I just smile and go "uh huh".  Snark over. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Slache said:

A Lucid latex or latex hybrid. It's the most comfortable mattress I've ever been on and it was $200. Being latex made a huge difference in Matt's asthmar.

Okay, so improved mattress technology is just another way to make something simple cost a small fortune.  (I'm not complaining about your $200.  I just took a brief glance at mattress prices online.  ?)

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

We purchased a foam mattress in 2015 from Costco. We don’t love it. We purchased a normal mattress and box set this year from Costco and love it. We are going normal (not even pillow top!) from here on out...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

We purchased a foam mattress in 2015 from Costco. We don’t love it. We purchased a normal mattress and box set this year from Costco and love it. We are going normal (not even pillow top!) from here on out...

Interesting!  Thanks!  I was just googling what is a latex mattress and what's the difference, etc.  I'm pretty uninformed.  I think it's funny that the latex / memory foam sites say that traditional springs mattresses only last 5-7 years (to make their longer lasting mattress look better....).  I love our mattress and we've had it twenty-ish years.  ?

• Like 1

We got this foam thingie from Costco a couple years ago. They suck all the air out and send it to you in a small box. Then you take it out and set it on your bed and it fills up. It’s very nice and comfortable. I like it.

• Like 1

We got this foam thingie from Costco a couple years ago. They suck all the air out and send it to you in a small box. Then you take it out and set it on your bed and it fills up. It’s very nice and comfortable. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We have found normal twin mattresses and metal frames for  very reasonable prices at places like Mattress Depot. They usually aren’t advertised because they would much rather sell you the fancy smancy ones. 

We've done this. I still vote latex but if you don't want something so different this is your best bet. Don't go to Ikea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I would say that I've been busy, but I haven't, so there's that.

Also, I'll be planning a homeschool convention for next year. Old homeschoolers never die; they just...um...

In Dallas? I think I'm going to that one. If so do you know the day?

• Like 2

I sent the text.  Now I am in a weird state of panic and need ice cream.  Or chocolate.  Probably whiskey would do the trick.  I'm gonna throw my phone away and go live in a cave.  With Critter.  Near Critter.  I'll let her have her own dark cave and we'll visit and swap bat stories.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1