Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just now, Susan in TN said:

I should start dd20's Christmas scarf, but I just don't have the gumption for it yet.

It's the middle of summer. Although, it might help if you put some Christmas music on and perhaps watched one of those sappy Hallmark Christmas movies. That always does it for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I ignored my to-do list for today (except for the orthodontist and hc appointments for ds) and went shopping. On my way to the orthodontist I realized that both my shirt and trousers were stained and worn thin and that I really couldn't put off shopping much longer.  I bought a new funeral dress on clearance.  I also purchased a few new shirts and a sweater. I didn't own much in the way of winter weight clothing.  I was realistic in what I purchased--everything is soft and comfy and perfect to pair with leggings or jeans. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I am slurping leftover soup from a tupperware.

I went back to bed for 45 minutes then scrambled out the door to get to the library and Aldi before the heavens opened up their fury upon the earth.  I just barely made it.  

Apparently, I cannot resist buying 12 pints of blueberries when the price falls below $1.30/pint.

Some critter is eating my shasta daisy plants.  Dd11 thinks it's the squirrels.  :angry:

Buy all of the blueberries!! (They freeze nicely).

I lost my shasta daisy transplants. The ones that are in my original pot are still ok.  Sorry about your daisy troubles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is creamed corn (from a can) a legitimate meal component on it's own?

My mom thinks yes, but I think no.

I'm willing to eat creamed corn the recipe (where you add cream, garlic, salt, pepper), but creamed corn where it's just pressed out and starchy....nope.

Have you guys had the corn dish with cream cheese and green chilis? I'm kinda craving that now...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is creamed corn (from a can) a legitimate meal component on it's own?

Back in my single days, especially when dd was with her dad, I did a lot of reading and movie watching and hated stopping to cook dinner (I really hate to cook) but needed to eat and didn't have the money for take-out.  More than once dinner was a can of corn microwaved so it was warm.  Usually not creamed corn (although sometimes), just plain corn with some butter and garlic thrown on top.

There's a reason dh does ALL the cooking in our house.

• Like 3

Hi. Busy day. Girlfriend has the week off and came over to play. We're going painting on Friday.

It's my 3rd day working out and I cannot impress how absolutely wonderful I feel but my cervix is not fairing well so I'm taking tomorrow off. I am very sad. I don't care if I work out, I don't even like it, but it's the only way I can feel healthy, emotionally and physically, on a daily basis.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I'm going to try to fix a cut I made to my manuscript yesterday that was too deep, and to remove an addition that tells too much. Then I have art to soothe me. I'm in the danger zone on revisions now, where every cut could affect something important, and so I know I'm getting close. Yay! And Boo! Because it's a pain in the behind.

Other than that, I am pretty much close to the end of this revision. I am through the major cutting section (first third of the book) and the last chapters only need some tweaking.

ETA: I'm trying positive thinking today. It's really a complete mess and I will probably be ripping my hair out by the end of next week, but I'm trying to keep calm and keep cutting...

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

I'm feeling on edge this morning.  Nevertheless, I am not eating from the bowl of chocolates even though they are calling me with promises of calm and comfort.

I need to finish updating the chore cards today. And poor Wally has been neglected for two weeks.  I think I see a marshmallow under the sofa.  Part of chore cards will include preparing the floors for him to do his work.  

Onward.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It took twice as long to get dd12's braces on because the orthodontist got "stuck in a consult".  Really?  Come on, now - 45 minutes? :dry:  I am getting out my crankiness here instead of in front of dd.  

ENB enroute to orthodontist!  What in the world????  

54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We’re watching The Sound of Music.

Yay!  

21 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm at Sam's.  Eating a Caesar salad while they put tires on.

Good job - Health (salad) and safety (new tires) - check!

21 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Phone call to dd grandma made!

Yay for tackling the to-do list!  

8 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I'm tackling Mt. Washmore.

My entire house is dusty. Didn't I *just* clean?  I think my goal of having a clean house, full freezer, and rested mom before school starts is likely not happening this year.

I'm working on laundry too.  My house is dusty too.  Except I didn't just clean, so at least it's logical here.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, now I'm really about to have fits!  The director of a local chamber orchestra just emailed me to ask if I can fill in last minute for a concert that is happening THIS WEEKEND.  This weekend.  I have always thought it would be neat to play with this orchestra.  But this weekend?  Brahams and Schumann.  What could possibly go wrong?  :blink:  

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ok, now I'm really about to have fits!  The director of a local chamber orchestra just emailed me to ask if I can fill in last minute for a concert that is happening THIS WEEKEND.  This weekend.  I have always thought it would be neat to play with this orchestra.  But this weekend?  Brahams and Schumann.  What could possibly go wrong?  :blink:  

You can do it!!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Ohhhh, you can do it, Susan!!”

• Like 1

I agree, you can do it Susan!

Lynn-What are y'all going to start next week?

lunch was delicious and the conversation even more so, I got part of my Amazon order, the rest should be here on Monday.  I'm just waiting now to take dd to work.  I'm in pain, I tweaked something in my shoulder and it's killing me, I'm hoping to not have to go to the doctor for this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

You can do it!!  

45 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ohhhh, you can do it, Susan!!”

2 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

I agree, you can do it Susan!

Lynn-What are y'all going to start next week?

lunch was delicious and the conversation even more so, I got part of my Amazon order, the rest should be here on Monday.  I'm just waiting now to take dd to work.  I'm in pain, I tweaked something in my shoulder and it's killing me, I'm hoping to not have to go to the doctor for this.

Well now I have no choice because I told him I would do it.  I've played Brahms 2 before, but the 1st violin part.  The 2nd violin part isn't too bad.  Imma have a whole lotta practicing to do between now and Saturday morning's rehearsal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's Mr Paige and my anniversary! 

We are doing nothing. We've been married so long that it's fine. We'll go out with Baby for lunch or something Sat, but the kids are really offended on our behalf. ?  I got DH a travel steamer because I'm romantic. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2