Menu

Ignore this thread!

Baby slept throughout his entire doctor's visit including getting his iron checked. I took him out of the car seat, into the office, weighed and measured, talked to doctor, blood taken, band aid on, talked to doctor more, back in car seat, band aid off, and home- all asleep! He's not sick. 

Yet....try to ever carefully, carefully quietly, gently put him in his bed? Nope. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Paige said:

Baby slept throughout his entire doctor's visit including getting his iron checked. I took him out of the car seat, into the office, weighed and measured, talked to doctor, blood taken, band aid on, talked to doctor more, back in car seat, band aid off, and home- all asleep! He's not sick. 

Yet....try to ever carefully, carefully quietly, gently put him in his bed? Nope. 

I'll bet if you climbed in the bed and stayed all night it would work. And he would outgrow it in a decade or two. Try that.

• Haha 3

Good morning!

Safe travels to Ds of Lynn and best wishes for the year!

The kids had fun singing at the baseball game last night.  Ds13 twisted his foot and is limping a bit.  

Lots to get done today.  Ds13 is responsible for cooking on his BS rafting trip this weekend and we have planning and stuff to do for that.  He is also cooking meals for us today for another requirement.  I have some work to do at the church, so I'll take him along to help with that and then we'll go grocery shopping.  He has to pack for the trip, too.  

Coffee!

????? Good Morning Booyah! ?????

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Summer needs to be over immediately.

Come and visit us!  The rest of our month is forecast to be only in the mid-80's!  We've really had an exceptionally mild summer.  And rain!  I remember several summers of not a drop of rain between mid-July and late September, but we've had rain almost every week so far.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Come and visit us!  The rest of our month is forecast to be only in the mid-80's!  We've really had an exceptionally mild summer.  And rain!  I remember several summers of not a drop of rain between mid-July and late September, but we've had rain almost every week so far.

I think I need to live in Tennessee. We’ll move in next door to you, Susan, and we can be neighbors and visit over the fence with a cup of COFFEE!!!~D.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Paige said:

That is truly Amazing!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Safe travels to Ds of Lynn and best wishes for the year!

The kids had fun singing at the baseball game last night.  Ds13 twisted his foot and is limping a bit.  

Lots to get done today.  Ds13 is responsible for cooking on his BS rafting trip this weekend and we have planning and stuff to do for that.  He is also cooking meals for us today for another requirement.  I have some work to do at the church, so I'll take him along to help with that and then we'll go grocery shopping.  He has to pack for the trip, too.  

Coffee!

????? Good Morning Booyah! ?????

Hope DS13 is feeling better. 

Our BS troop is struggling a bit. It’s a fledgling troop, not a lot of experience (my DS just came in as a BS, didn’t climb up through the ranks), lost another member and his extremely active parents to another troop. They keep pressuring my DH to become a leader, and although he is more than willing to help out, he can’t commit full bore. It’s a huge commitment.

• Like 1

My fancy but wonderful in-laws are coming tomorrow for the weekend. I've been trying to get things organized (for myself) and ready for them for almost 2 weeks, one room at a time. I only have the kitchen left to truly deep clean, organize, and spiffy up, and then the rest of the house that's already been done to just vacuum again and touch up. But my motivation has wandered off. I need it back- one more room! I should stay off the computer until it's done, but it's hard.

• Like 5

Good morning, all. 

I was trying to sleep a bit this morning (after my teaching was done) and the kid walked in wailing. 
"What's wrong?" 
"WHY?! Why didn't Jesus answer my prayers?!" 
"Umm...what did you pray for?" 
"A chocolate milk pegacorn. That's ALL I wanted and asked for! I don't understand!" 

??

It's too early for discussions on why God didn't provide her with a flying unicorn. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Southern Ivy said:

Good morning, all. 

I was trying to sleep a bit this morning (after my teaching was done) and the kid walked in wailing. 
"What's wrong?" 
"A chocolate milk pegacorn. That's ALL I wanted and asked for! I don't understand!" 

??

It's too early for discussions on why God didn't provide her with a flying unicorn. 

Yeah, those kind of deep theological discussions are best left till later.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Southern Ivy said:

Good morning, all. 

"What's wrong?" 

??

Forget the pegacorn.  I would be happy with some chocolate milk.    :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Southern Ivy said:

Good morning, all. 

"What's wrong?" 

??

My go-to answer is "Honey, if God wants you to have a chocolate milk pegacorn, I have no doubt He will provide one either in this life or the next."  ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Junie said:

Forget the pegacorn.  I would be happy with some chocolate milk.    ?

MAN!! Now, I want chocolate milk! 

44 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

My go-to answer is "Honey, if God wants you to have a chocolate milk pegacorn, I have no doubt He will provide one either in this life or the next."  ?

HAHA I just told her - God let them become extinct, so that probably means He just wanted them in Heaven with him. Besides, if you had the only pegacorn on the earth, everyone would want to come and study it. They'd be in our way and we wouldn't have any fun. 
She replies, "I'd just tell them to get their own! They can study mine when it dies one day." lol 

• Like 2

Recent conversation with ds13, who has been packing for his BS trip for the past hour:

Ds13, checklist in hand: Well, I'm all done!

Me: Great!  Did it all fit in the duffle bag OK?

ds13: what?

Me: Does everything on your checklist fit in the duffle bag?

ds13: uh, I was supposed to pack everything?

Me: ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

FRIDAY!

I'm starting to be a little worried about upcoming home-repair time. So, the insurance company wants me to have the hardwood floors replaced, even though I can hardly see any damage from the leaky windows. Also, we need foundation repair. Also we need complete wall repair on [counts in head] four walls, probably because of the foundation issues. Plus the two window walls. So, the foundation would need to be repaired first; then the walls; then the windows; then the flooring...1500sq. ft of flooring, the whole downstairs. All furniture moved out, then moved back in.

o_0

Foundation repair check on Monday. There's no insurance for this; it will come out of our pocket. I'm kinda skeered.

Home ownership. It's a blessing...and a curse...

• Sad 6

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Has anyone’s house ever been so messy that you just wander around with a piece of chocolate chip banana bread in your hand, not even knowing WHERE to begin to Cleanup?

Not that that’s the case in my house. It was just a hypothetical.

No. I would never risk letting someone see the banana bread. Now the wandering around the house not knowing where to begin, giving up and going to your room to eat the banana bread with your door locked I understand.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I made a double batch of cranberry orange muffins this morning (to compare my new silicone muffin cups to paper liners) and ALL of the muffins were gone an hour later.  I'm with Slache on hiding the fact that there's still banana bread.

Dh (legitimately) needs $6k in dental work. ***sigh*** No one told us that adulting is so much fun when you hit middle age.  Crowns are freaking expensive.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dh argues that the movies aren't correct.   I tell him to shush while we're watching.

Not the movie itself. I told him Pocahontas could speak English and he didn't believe me and then I said it wasn't her dad that was going to kill John Smith and he didn't believe me. It was a whole thing. He's even argued with me over their names.

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

All the time.

Unlike me. Just ask Jean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I made a double batch of cranberry orange muffins this morning (to compare my new silicone muffin cups to paper liners) and ALL of the muffins were gone an hour later.  I'm with Slache on hiding the fact that there's still banana bread.

Dh (legitimately) needs $6k in dental work. ***sigh*** No one told us that adulting is so much fun when you hit middle age.  Crowns are freaking expensive.

Crowns are freaking expensive. That’s a fact. DH has gotten several.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

On 8/10/2018 at 11:50 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Oops

Yep. And it was on the horrible windy freeway with the weird unexpected toll carpool lanes. You know the one. The one that is the reason "avoid highways" exists on map apps.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:29 PM, Ellie said:

It's been two hours since anyone posted. People are not taking this thread seriously.

We took the kids where there is no cell reception and less wifi. Side effect: we also had no cell reception or wifi. Other side effect: our kids think we are trying to make them suffer.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:13 PM, Slache said:

I learned tonight that someone I once considered a good friend (before a falling out I didn't understand and was unable to repair) has been cheating on and then left her husband. He is the kindest, most Godly man a woman could ask for. He married her, adopted her daughter and raised her as his own, gave up life ambitions because of her chronic illness and she does this. I am baffled. He's apparently a complete mess. Didn't see it coming and now rarely sees his daughter who is being raised by a not great guy. I am so sad.

Oh that is sad. And that type of guy usually doesn't know what to do about it. 

On 8/12/2018 at 9:52 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

We’re nowhere near starting school yet. But even public schools here don’t start until September. 

This year we start before labor day. In August. Yes. It is sad.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:41 AM, Southern Ivy said:

Y'all - my sister is a massage therapist. She just did a couples massage for a 9 year old and 5 year old so they could relax before school. ??

I mean, I love me a good massage, but I didn't get one until I could pay for it with my own money! lol *mind blown*

And I thought I was indulgent. Holy cow.

On 8/16/2018 at 8:52 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. The news last night said that our air quality is the worst in the world right now. I suspect that it would be worse right in the middle of a fire but maybe they weren’t counting that. They had charts with different air quality readings on it to prove their point so I guess I will just have to take their word for it. Not that it really matters.

We are trying to stay indoors. Dd was short of breath after being outside last night and going outside gives us a sore throat. 

?

so glad we are away. Two more days in Idaho. Please come rain.

Edited by Tsuga
  • Like 5

Ds13 is all packed.  He cooked dinner (penne with meat sauce) and baked brownies for dessert - a rare occurrence in our house.  Brownies a la mode.  ?

Then we rented and watched Infinity War - I dozed off for part of it.  Captain America's skin looked like plastic and his eyebrows were too dark.  

If your cockroaches die, it's time to head for the bunker because the world is about to end.  Kind of like if your flight attendent looks frightened or starts to cry, you know the plane is going down.  Sweet dreams, eveyone!  (?)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Mr. Ellie had some work done a few years ago. Apparently, his lower jaw bone is just not hanging in there, so he had four teeth removed and now has a partial. The dentist asked him about getting implants, and Mr. Ellie pointed out that the dentist himself said that the bone was deteriorating, you know, the bone where the implants would be, you know, implanted, so...and the dentist was like, oh yeah...

• Confused 3

And every week at hula class, we go outside to the amphitheater where our ho'ike (recital) will be, and practice. It was miserably hot today, so I mostly just had them walking to their spots and whatnot. It is likely to be this hot three weeks from now when we do the thing. o_0

• Like 3