Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ok, one reason I am happy I joined this charter. We got a chunk of $. And I ordered the new Artistic Pursuits curriculum (comes with videos) and a packet of supplies for each of my kids that came in it’s own nifty tote bag. And we did Art today. And it went really well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Watching The Good Dinosaur.

Matt wants to climb Guadeloupe Peak, known as "the top of Texas". I think it might be too much for me.

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, one reason I am happy I joined this charter. We got a chunk of $. And I ordered the new Artistic Pursuits curriculum (comes with videos) and a packet of supplies for each of my kids that came in it’s own nifty tote bag. And we did Art today. And it went really well.

We like AP. We're using the old version.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Another edpo:  do you plan to keep anything once you're done homeschooling?  If yes, what will you keep and why?

My kids are claiming certain things "in case they homeschool their kids or just want to use it again".  Really?  Rod & Staff English?  Yer gonna want to see that again?  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Slache said:

Watching The Good Dinosaur.

Matt wants to climb Guadeloupe Peak, known as "the top of Texas". I think it might be too much for me.

We like AP. We're using the old version.

I’ve got 3 of the old books, too. I like it a lot, but it was so hard to collect all the materials, etc. This way it’s like outsourcing, but I don’t have to go anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

I’ve got 3 of the old books, too. I like it a lot, but it was so hard to collect all the materials, etc. This way it’s like outsourcing, but I don’t have to go anywhere.

We bought the kit through RR. It was expensive, but not for not what it was. We do art on Saturday morning but we were so busy this summer we stopped it. I'll get the next book and kit soon. I put all of the AP supplies in one bin to keep them separate.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

That is unbelievable. At the Island, we get paid for laying around with cold beverages in our hands and gossiping. You need to change jobs.?

If this is that SAHM job I keep seeing advertised, I don't believe it. They promised me mimosas, manicures and #mommytime and all I got were incredibly gross floors, interrupted midday showers and a bunch if ungrateful whiners.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

If this is that SAHM job I keep seeing advertised, I don't believe it. They promised me mimosas, manicures and #mommytime and all I got were incredibly gross floors, interrupted midday showers and a bunch if ungrateful whiners.

Duct tape. Shock collars. You don't pay attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today is my last day of Open Houses, next week I'm doing some camps.  I'm tired but excited to really get started.

Ds has been miserable all week with what we thought was allergies.  Dd has now caught whatever he has//had so I'm thinking not allergies.  ?  We were supposed to go to a birthday party this evening but with all the coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc. we're staying home.

I haven't to find some time to clean my house.  It's a lot less cluttered than it was since a lot of stuff moved to my classroom, but now I have to reorganize.

I don't know when we'll start school for real since my vocabulary and writing curriculums don't seem to have even shipped yet (ordered weeks ago).  We'll continue doing just math and reading for now I guess.  Schools here don't usually start until after Labor Day anyway.

• Like 5

Sorry I haven't been pulling my weight on this thread! I've been ignoring because we've been busy, but hi. 

The basement people have stopped working because we disagree about what the contract includes...hopefully that will be worked out this weekend. 

This is the last week of summer break and I've turned into one of those parents who's actually not that sorry about it. #sorrynotsorry 

DDs schedule from school has been all kinds of messed up. I've been going back and forth with them all week. Every time they fix it, they mess something else up! The most recent mistake is in her favor and I'm not sure if we should keep our mouths shut and let them try to work out the consequences later or if I should bring it to their attention because it's kind of a big deal. I'll probably tell them because I'm a square bear. 

I'm trying to plan a spring break point using points for flights instead of cash. We've been accumulating them for 5 years to try to get enough for everyone. Now, I'm finding that spending them is tricky. One day, the flights are there...I go and ask people if they are sure this is what they want to do, and bam- the flights are gone by the time I get back. I don't know if I should wait and see if they come back- does that happen? I mean, there were flights every day and now there's none! Or maybe I should move on to plan B, and maybe I need to line up plan C, D, E, and F and just book whatever I see the first time I see it. And no, I don't want to take a flight that leaves at 1:23 am, nor do I want to arrive in a sketchy international destination at 12:50am. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

I had bad dreams last night involving natural disasters and cannibalism and trying to get the kids to safety.  Glad that's all over.  I still feel out of sorts.  The house is very quiet since dh took 3 of the kids to drop them off for a weekend youth group trip.  I need to go to the library to pick up a book that's waiting for me (Krissi's code breaker book).  The whole library system will be closed tomorrow because they are changing to a new computer system.  They say they will open again on Monday, but I'm not holding my breath.  ?  I suspect this will be the start of the apocalypse.

coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

mama, which library is closed?  You should stop by the club today, while I'm working.  Free swimming in the pool, corn hole tournament,  and Island food for cheap!

The main library was closed yesterday, I don't know if it will be today or not, I'm hoping not, I'd like to get a few books or videos for next week.  What club?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I had bad dreams last night involving natural disasters and cannibalism and trying to get the kids to safety.  Glad that's all over.  I still feel out of sorts.  The house is very quiet since dh took 3 of the kids to drop them off for a weekend youth group trip.  I need to go to the library to pick up a book that's waiting for me (Krissi's code breaker book).  The whole library system will be closed tomorrow because they are changing to a new computer system.  They say they will open again on Monday, but I'm not holding my breath.  ?  I suspect this will be the start of the apocalypse.

coffee!

Laughing at that last comment because I suspect you're right!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!

We are going to camp today. Just for the day. It’s the Fall Festival, where we get to open up our wallets, let the kids run free and hang out in the cool mountain air. It’s always a good day. I have fun at the Silent Auction, we eat well, DH and I take a nice long walk, we watch the live auction where the big time donors try to outbid each other on bags of peanuts and homemade noodles.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

coffee!

Susan!! That sounds horrible. You didn’t just come back from Hawaii did you??

You will love the book. I’m so excited you are reading it. Actually, I need to stop. You may end up hating it. And then I would feel bad. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Godspeed, my friend!

Thank you. We made it back in once piece. That place is getting to be more and more of a carp-hole. But it’s cheap and I can buy everything I need there.

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Still busy!

I fell asleep at 8:30 last night.

I went to bed a little early, too. I think something is going around.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. Last day of camp. Lots of  good stuff this year. Some bad stuff too. (How would you prevent petty pilfering?  Just telling people bot to do it isn’t enough. )

Lock everything up and only you have the key. People are awful.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  I'm up, enjoying the quiet house and some !   Heading to work in about an hour.  Guess I should find some pantz.

My house was quiet. But everyone is so excited about camp today they all woke up early. ???

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  Planning to enjoy my last really free weekend, going to try and spend it just hanging with you guys and getting "booya/h's.  I do have to go to the library today hopefully, it will be open and the grocery store.

Yay!!!! Have a good weekend!

• Like 4

Do you ever successfully listen to audiobooks?  How do you do it?

Every once in a while I get the brilliant idea to listen to audiobooks while crocheting or something.  And about 5 minutes later decide to give up before I tear out all my hair and throw the birds outside and hate everyone in the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Do you ever successfully listen to audiobooks?  How do you do it?

Every once in a while I get the brilliant idea to listen to audiobooks while crocheting or something.  And about 5 minutes later decide to give up before I tear out all my hair and throw the birds outside and hate everyone in the house.

During my scheduled reading time (kids down, Matt in another room) when I have a migraine.

Kids do for an hour after lights out.

• Like 1