Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Glad you made it, Luuknam!  Hope your cold goes away quickly!

I remember liking The Good Earth, but I haven't read it in about 20 years.

Camp Jeannie!  Glad people are finding safety and welcome and the fire is out.  Be careful out there!

I have to drop dd15 off at tutorial and then bring ds13 to the university town for his cello lesson.  Since their semester hasn't started yet, I'm going to assume I can get away without a parking pass for the hour.  We should be home by lunch.  Then afternoon lessons and pick up dd15 and dinner and orchestra rehearsal tonighht.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

The oppressive heat is gone for now. It’s supposed to be in the upper 80’s next week. I can’t believe it.

I picked up another book last night. “Love in the Time of Cholera” by Gabriel Garcia Márquez. And I put it back down in a couple of pages. I may given it another try. It got good reviews. The language (not bad language) got in the way of my understanding the plot. Sometimes that happens and I end up fighting it, the whole way through the book. I’m not going to let that happen this time.

Awana went well last night. We have about 30-35 TNT girls.

Jeannie, wow, sounds like you have some good opportunities at camp this year. Will keep you in prayer.

Luuknam, ((hugs)). Hope you get rested and feel better soon.

Junie, it is always nap time.

Mama25Angels, I’m sorry you didn’t sleep well!!

• Like 4

I made the second gallon of sauce and should be able to can it tomorrow. (Take one down, pass it around: no more box of tomatoes on the floor!) I ought to be baking right now. The house is moderately presentable; DS has a friend over. Although I'm now realizing I haven't looked at the upstairs bathroom in a couple of days.

Maybe I'll run the leafblower--because lo, it isn't hot and humid out!!--and then bake something. I can't Second Coffee now because I'm meeting friends for coffee after dinner. So much driving this week!

Jean, isn't it interesting how Leadership attacks sometimes?? Just think, this time next year you'll have all different things to panic about. :biggrin:

Slache,  I remember one time DS (then maybe 3.5 or 4? so it wasn't necessarily that what we needed to do was school) politely declined to do whatever I was asking of him with "Sorry, I'm just reading a book." :tongue: Yeah, no, love.

All right, all right, I'm getting off the internet to do more of the things. Fifth grade begins in 10 days, 17 hours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I need the kids to stop reading books and learn something.

I think we might all die from smoke inhalation.

I can't believe it's only Thursday.

Uh.... (clears throat, insert tapping foot guy), I can see you haven't read the ITT Handbook in a while. It specifically says "No dying". I think you have a little studying to do, Missie!

• Like 4

I am tired and beyond grouchy. I need to finish the last bit of putting my manuscript together in one file, and keeping each part separate in case I get picked in the next two months to edit it again. 

But right now I need someone to come pick me up in the stealth copter and take me to the island. I will also need a standard chocolate infusion and a massage.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I am tired and beyond grouchy. I need to finish the last bit of putting my manuscript together in one file, and keeping each part separate in case I get picked in the next two months to edit it again. 

But right now I need someone to come pick me up in the stealth copter and take me to the island. I will also need a standard chocolate infusion and a massage.

Rocco, fire up the chopper!! Stat!!

he’s on the way. With chocolate. Helga is waiting at the ITT Island Spa.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Would you care for fresh mint, lemon, or lime in your water?  A fancy umbrella straw?

• Like 3

I got a quilt from my aunt. My grandma made it. For a long time she drove for cancer. (She’d Drive cancer patients to their treatments, wait for them and drive them home). She worked on the quilt squares when she waited for them. It’s a lovely quilt, completely hand made. Even the quilting is hand done. She had her sister come over and they set it up on a frame and quilted it together. It kind of makes me want to cry looking at it because I loved my Grandma so much.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I got a quilt from my aunt. My grandma made it. For a long time she drove for cancer. (She’d Drive cancer patients to their treatments, wait for them and drive them home). She worked on the quilt squares when she waited for them. It’s a lovely quilt, completely hand made. Even the quilting is hand done. She had her sister come over and they set it up on a frame and quilted it together. It kind of makes me want to cry looking at it because I loved my Grandma so much.

:wub:

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, KrissiK said:

It needs to spawn a little hurricanelet that travels east and dumps some rain on California.

And somehow cause weird weather patterns that make it rain in Texas, too.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tomorrow morning is the last  class that I am teaching at camp this year. I feel both relief and sadness at the thought. 

I have my first stuff as next year’s director to do tomorrow. I don’t wanna. 

I had a big burly man cone join my kids’ Bible class tonight. 

I am super tired but happy. 

:wub:

• Like 1

Good Morning!  It's Friday!

I have zero places to go today!  ?  Just regular lessons and supervising the kids mowing the lawn.  It looks like a jungle out there.  The weather is going to be gorgeous - 85*, sunny and lowish humidity.

Ds23 and I saw the prettiest itty bitty kitten on the sidewalk across the street as we were leaving for rehearsal last night.  Long haired gray and white.  I wish we could have a kitteh!

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning! Last day of putting together the chapters in the MS, and then I get to read it again, and see if the flow is right. No choppy writing allowed.

I am actually looking forward to being done with this round of revisions and doing some actual writing--the freewheeling kind that goes everywhere and nowhere and has a great time doing it. River later today if I get there.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

It's all fun and games until a full jar breaks in the canner. ?

Uh oh!! That’s not good.  But at least nobody put an eye out......... I hope.

Edited by KrissiK
Help, I’ve Fallen, and I can’t get up!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Uh oh!! That’s not good.  But at least nobody put an eye out......... I hope.

It didn't shatter or anything. The bottom just broke off completely. The surviving jars need a good wash on the outside tomorrow after I check their seals.

But hey, thirteen pints canned! And a couple of partly-filled quarts to freeze (and use first).

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

Hi. They expect me to actually do stuff here to get paid so I am busy with all that. Humph.

That is unbelievable. At the Island, we get paid for laying around with cold beverages in our hands and gossiping. You need to change jobs.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That is unbelievable. At the Island, we get paid for laying around with cold beverages in our hands and gossiping. You need to change jobs.?

It's very similar to being an A&R rep for a music company.  Though that often involves going on luxury cruises and traveling around the world.  When you actually have to be at the office, your day is spent having to show up for tedious breakfast meetings (usually at the ungodly hour of 10am), followed by 2-hour lunches, back for an office party, and then skip out by 3pm.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's very similar to being an A&R rep for a music company.  Though that often involves going on luxury cruises and traveling around the world.  When you actually have to be at the office, your day is spent having to show up for tedious breakfast meetings (usually at the ungodly hour of 10am), followed by 2-hour lunches, back for an office party, and then skip out by 3pm.  

Hmmm. Could you explain to me again why it is that I chose homeschooling as a career??

• Like 2

We are home from the state fair.  We saw horses, cows, pigs, sheep, ducks, rabbits, photography, art, sewing projects, insect collections, hay, other stuff, lego robotics competition, rides, funnel cake, etc.  I am utterly exhausted (ha!  we saw udders too).  I will try not to die from exhaustion, being a rule follower and all.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1