Menu

Ignore this thread!

I took a break this afternoon and helped out a couple of fellow writers. Ghost stories were involved. There is a Dia De Los Muertos celebration in town this fall, and a cemetery is to be toured. College kids will act our bits from the lives of people buried there, based on the bios we have and what we could invent. I did a lieutenant governor who wanted to be governor,  a senior editor at the paper who doesn't like his epitaph, a postmaster who is tired of the resident dog ghost chasing him and stealing his bones, a governor of Oklahoma who has some regrets about his actions, and a young World War Two hero who goes down with his plane so his buddy has a chance to make it out alive to go home. 

Fun writing!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I took a break this afternoon and helped out a couple of fellow writers. Ghost stories were involved. There is a Dia De Los Muertos celebration in town this fall, and a cemetery is to be toured. College kids will act our bits from the lives of people buried there, based on the bios we have and what we could invent. I did a lieutenant governor who wanted to be governor,  a senior editor at the paper who doesn't like his epitaph, a postmaster who is tired of the resident dog ghost chasing him and stealing his bones, a governor of Oklahoma who has some regrets about his actions, and a young World War Two hero who goes down with his plane so his buddy has a chance to make it out alive to go home. 

Fun writing!

it sounds kinda like Spoon River Anthology.  ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Fun writing!

Wonderful! I love it!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!

Monday!!????? But at least it’s the last Monday in August which means that the end of summer is in sight.

School today!! Kids all have varying degrees of colds. I get to go to DS’s school today and meet with his teachers. Try to figure out how to get him to do his work.

Last night we had 2 sets of neighbors over for dessert. It was very nice. We won this huge nectarine cobbler in the Silent Auction at the Fall Festival on Saturday, and figured we needed some help eating it.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Fun writing!

That’s so cool!!

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

He seems depressing.  Maybe the audiobook reader just made it sound depressing.  Or maybe I should try a different Steinbeck.  I feel obligated to read East of Eden.

Yeah, East of Eden is kind of hardcore. Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday are good. 

• Like 1

Hi.

Cranky children are cranky.

Starting American history today. It's pretty much read the book, do the worksheet, listen to the songs. 90 lessons and I'm planning on 3 days per lesson because I read on Saturdays and 2 worksheet lessons a week.

200 days until Mount St Helens. I'm still fat. I was fatter last time though, and now I know not to eat gluten so this time it'll be easy, right?

• Like 4

Instrument practice has been assisted, laundry in machine, soup's in the IP for dinner tonight, and frozen components for the rest of the week's dinners thawing in the fridge (except the beef for shepherd's pie which I can't seem to find).  I still need to call the orchestra teacher later and sit here at the table to assist with English lessons.  Maybe I should march around the table to get some steps in.

• Like 1

Reentry from camp is hard.  Camp is really intense and busy but totally focused.  And there were 15 of us adults as staff who were all focused on the same thing (but different aspects of the same thing).  Now I'm at home where no one is cooking for me and my time is splintered by all these various demands.  And all those things that I didn't get done before camp?  Still here waiting for me. . .  

• Like 4

You know it's #backtoschool season when I hit the library's hold limit. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BOOKS IF I CAN'T HAVE THEM ALL?

We're going to go swimming and *then* do laundry. I think baking is again not happening today. I do have the dishwasher running.

• Like 4

Hi. No walk today. Possibly a movie for sick kids. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes, climbing a mountain will be a breeze.  :laugh:

It's only half a mountain.

19 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hi.  I am not starting school today.  Just sayin'

I like a week after something big like that, I've decided. I think that will be our thing until further notice.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I feel like carp. The winds that are bringing us cooler temps are bringing with them smoke from the Mendicino Fire.?????? everyone in my family is hacking and coughing, I just want to hide in a cave.

I know! I had a headache for two weeks. My lymph nodes still hurt.

• Sad 3

We survived the day!  There were a few hiccups ,Ike not being able to find the Russian audio files and Windows updating just when I needed the computer for something but, it was still a good day.  Dinner has been made and consumed, the boys are playing and I'm just sitting for a bit before cleaning up the kitchen.  the science experiment was a hit!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Are people not taking this thread seriously?

I was being a good and responsible mom. I met with all my kid’s teachers at his high school. I told them I had no idea what to do to motivate him, I looked at his English teacher, same gal he had last year and flunked both semesters of her class and shrugged and said, “I just hope he does better this year,” because I didn’t know what else to say.  Sigh!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

(((Krissi)))

? Love & Hugs to Krissi Booyah! ?

ITT presents: Math'n'Grammarville
*All Rights Reserved*  

Except for those to the tune and original lyrics, which are obviously held by Jimmy Buffet or whatever company it is that owns him, LOL.

Livin' on twaddle,
I was happy to dawdle,
Until Mom told me my work must be done.
Now here it is sunset, 
And she won't let me drop it,
I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:
Wasting away again in Math‘n’Grammarville
Hoping that there's a whole hour of art
Some people say that there is knowledge to gain
But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',
All this logic and reason,
Gettin' shoved down my throat with these dusty old books!
When I could be skatin'
Building forts and be playin'
So I'm giving my teacher these disgusted looks!

Refrain:
But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled
Dropped my pencil and fumbled
Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,
But Mom isn't buying,
All these tricks that I'm trying,
And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.

Refrain:
And so I must play the part  

Wasted away again in overplanningville
Lookin for my lost teacher's manual
Some people claim
That it's the Hive that's to blame
But I know (ba ba bum bum bum)
It's my own dang fault.

Wasting away again in Math'n'Grammarville
Looking for those lost hours of sleep
Some people say that there's no way it'll work
And I say, bleeep-ity-bleep-bleep-bleep 

(No kittens were harmed in the creation of this song.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Shhh!  No one needs to know that - it sounds less impressive!

It doesn't look impressive. It is impressive though. Very, very impressive. You should all be very impressed. I'm hoping to make it to the top faster than that 6 year old that was in the news a few years back. I'm kidding. That's not a fair comparison. That kid is in way better shape than I am.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did not die.

The manuscript materials are submitted and now all I can do is wait, write, and recover from the intense editing I have been doing since July. 

Ice cream has been eaten, and I have a new project to play with in addition to writing the sequel. I have a novella from the history of my fantasy world already written. I am going to draw this book and watercolor it for fun. Never done a graphic novel before. Should be interesting!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1