Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 hours ago, AMJ said:

How has everyone been?  Whatcha been up to?

I moved out of Texas.  Were you here for that? I miss HEB. And Buc-ee's. And decent tacos.  I don't miss the heat or the traffic or the crime.

Oldest is still homeschooling full-time. He refuses to go to community college classes early and I'm grinding my teeth about that, because free.  Younger son is now a full blown teenager (stinky, braces, ball cap, carnivorous black hole of an appetite) and is going to school part-time with a 1:1 aide and I homeschool him for core subjects. Both daughters are in public school for now. (Youngest is in kindy!)  I'd like to bring the girls back home in a couple of years when Oldest graduates and younger son is manageable, but my RA kicks up when my stress does and so I am triaging for now and wallowing in all of the mom guilt that comes with not being all things to all people.  

We put 8,000 miles on our vehicle in the last two months.  Elderly relatives on both sides of the family had crazy hijinks. Way more back story on those, but not for the forums, iykwim.

Oh, and I met Slache. She is awesome IRL, too.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Random question:  Does anyone wear eyeliner (pencil) that doesn't smudge by the end of the day (or even mid afternoon)?  

Only if I use a primer. You might try primer + Urban Decay's 24 hr liner.....but it's likely better to move to a gel pen like Lancome Artliner or this stuff: https://www.ulta.com/eye-studio-lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner?productId=xlsImpprod1790211&sku=2213592&irgwc=1&AID=313779&PID=116548&CID=af_313779_116548_&clickId=wA7XfcTlkweGx%3ABRFrz0GxeCUkg0YO0hyzKNT00 which is cheaper at only $10.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’ve had better success with the liquid eye-liner than pencils.

11 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Only if I use a primer. You might try primer + Urban Decay's 24 hr liner.....but it's likely better to move to a gel pen like Lancome Artliner or this stuff: https://www.ulta.com/eye-studio-lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner?productId=xlsImpprod1790211&sku=2213592&irgwc=1&AID=313779&PID=116548&CID=af_313779_116548_&clickId=wA7XfcTlkweGx%3ABRFrz0GxeCUkg0YO0hyzKNT00 which is cheaper at only $10.

Thank you both!  I sort of suspected a liquid or gel would be better.  But I'm afraid I would end up looking like Pharaoh.  #nomakeupskills

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Susan, how is DD and the UTI?

We just got back - she was finally able to pee about a tablespoon into the cup.  Whew.  The dr. said they didn't detect any bacteria, but the white cell count was up, and from all dd's symptoms (she feels perfectly fine except for the bathroom symptoms), she decided it was a UTI.  They're going to send the sample to the super duper lab to have it tested some more.  I have to go pick up the medicine in a couple minutes.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Rats.  I first read it as "New goat".  Lynn, I'm pretty sure a new goat would solve all your problems!

I had friends in high school that had two goats and when they went on vacation they ate all the fuzz from the couch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

New goal:  Carefully arrange everything in my life so that I do not become an axe murderer.  Lofty, I know.

#thestruggleisreal

From what I understand, ax murderers tend to be extraordinarily organized. Meticulous. So, IMO,  the more of a slob you are, the less likely you are to become an ax murderer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I had friends in high school that had two goats and when they went on vacation they ate all the fuzz from the couch.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Not the fuzz. I have a fever. They ate the padding.

What were they thinking leaving goats in a house unattended?!?  I don't know nuthin' 'bout raising goats, but I know THAT at least!  ?

• Like 3

A new goat would be the first thing to get the axe.  ?

I (mostly) balanced the checkbook and (mostly) paid the bills.  And now I'm having an Ale-8.  

I also vacuumed the piano a bit and cleaned the keys.  And vacuumed the floor.  Mostly.  And ate lunch.  And had decaf.  And took breaks in between each thing.

From now on I'm going to take a shower and get ready before I take ds to algebra on Thursdays (leave the house at 7:15).  Doing it when I get home gives me violent tendencies.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m doing History Pockets with the tow youngers. Just shoot me now!!

I got a Booya/h for that?? What a rip-off. I want a refund!

I felt like killing someone all day, but I'm over it now.  Sorry.  

(Open and go, baby!  Open and go!  No more History Pockets, lol!)

• Like 3

I thought a little nap would help me get over this 24-hour plague, but instead I got the hiccups.  :dry:

I am hearing a lot of thunder but not the rain that is supposed to come with it.

I'm going for my 3rd coffee pretty soon.  Easy dinner tonight - turkey & mushroom tikka masala, rice, steamed green beans, mixed greens salad.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I thought a little nap would help me get over this 24-hour plague, but instead I got the hiccups.  :dry:

I am hearing a lot of thunder but not the rain that is supposed to come with it.

I'm going for my 3rd coffee pretty soon.  Easy dinner tonight - turkey & mushroom tikka masala, rice, steamed green beans, mixed greens salad.

I’m coming to your house for dinner tonight, Susan! That sounds yummy!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'm thinking of doing Crash Course World History with dd.  We actually did this in middle school but only the videos.  This time she would have written worksheets etc. to complete as well.  Is this a stupid plan? 

No.

Does anyone have a scary story collection recommendation?

• Like 1