Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Girls!  Go sit on the sofa and hold hands for 20 minutes.  

I'll cut it down to 10 if you sing at least 3 songs from The Sound of Music.

Sings off-key in Slachey's ear. . . "Do a deer, a female deer. . . "

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens!"

"I am 16, going on 17. . .  Slachey is a poophead. . . "  

• Haha 2

I'm thinking of revising my ogre status a bit.  Monday will be "clean the whole house" day and then I want dd to do two preliminary school "placement" activities.  Tuesday will be the Science Center for a field trip and my last visit to the homeschool consignment shop (for now).  Then Wednesday will be a regular school day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'm thinking of revising my ogre status a bit.  Monday will be "clean the whole house" day and then I want dd to do two preliminary school "placement" activities.  Tuesday will be the Science Center for a field trip and my last visit to the homeschool consignment shop (for now).  Then Wednesday will be a regular school day. 

Our nursery needs to be cleaned out and Matt's home. I can get it done in one Disney movie with him here so that's my plan. And yes I measure larger chores by full length feature films.

It's a my kids have too much crap Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Shocking, Jean. Just shocking.

I, on the other hand, am going to fly through provide a rigorous overview of our Monday routine and transport my child to mid-day bowling with his friends an enriching physical education event.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm home!  Who has the cranky pants?  I'm gonna need to borrow them.   We got home at 1:00 to the youngest kids complaining that they were hungry and didn't know what to eat for lunch because dh decided to take a 90-minute walk without telling anyone to just make themselves some lunch.  :dry:  And the neighbors are already ringing the doorbell.  I know I should feed them, but they ate 2 out of 3 meals here yesterday and I would just like to have a quiet house for a while today.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm home!  Who has the cranky pants?  I'm gonna need to borrow them.   We got home at 1:00 to the youngest kids complaining that they were hungry and didn't know what to eat for lunch because dh decided to take a 90-minute walk without telling anyone to just make themselves some lunch.  :dry:  And the neighbors are already ringing the doorbell.  I know I should feed them, but they ate 2 out of 3 meals here yesterday and I would just like to have a quiet house for a while today.

Here you can have my pair! I don't need 'em today because hubby took the kids on a tag sale adventure for the afternoon. I'll need them back for Tuesday, though ? 

I generally don't feed the neighbor kids unless special circumstances obtain. They can sit and wait while we eat, or they can go home and see if their lunch/dinner is ready yet. Sometimes I feel bad about this, because my kids often eat at their house... but mostly I don't feel bad. Each family has its own rules.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You definitely need the cranky pants.  Send the neighbors home.  Hand the kids cereal.  Spend the afternoon in your room alone for punishment.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

People are not taking this thread seriously!

I'm harassing SIL. She's magically become fluent in 2 languages this past year and was fool enough to pick two languages I'm familiar with so I'm asking her to clarify grammatical points that confuse me. I'm annoying that way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well now I feel guilty because we told the neighbor boys it was time to go home and when they asked if they could stay for dinner, I said not tonight.  And then dd12 told me that means they'll probably have to eat cereal for dinner.  I think their only "decent" meals come from free school breakfast and lunch.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Well now I feel guilty because we told the neighbor boys it was time to go home and when they asked if they could stay for dinner, I said not tonight.  And then dd12 told me that means they'll probably have to eat cereal for dinner.  I think their only "decent" meals come from free school breakfast and lunch.

They're ok. I promise.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was also feeling guilty because a Filipina in the neighborhood called wanting dd to commit to being 100% available for emergency bus pickup for her kids. I had to explain that despite homeschooling we still make doctor and other appointments and couldn’t be 100% on call. I don’t know why I feel guilty. 

You shouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Veggie Tales?

Oh, wheeeeeeeeere is my hairbrush?

We are the pirates who don't do anything!

That's all I got.

• Like 2