Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'm not.  (Slinking away guy)

Glad to be in good company.  

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'm thinking of doing Crash Course World History with dd.  We actually did this in middle school but only the videos.  This time she would have written worksheets etc. to complete as well.  Is this a stupid plan? 

No.  

• Like 3

I am a proud mama.

Ds18 just messaged me for assistance on a research paper.  (It was a question about documentation.)

He said that the paper has not been officially assigned yet, but it is due next Friday.  He is ahead in his coursework and wants to stay that way.  He said that he's planning to work on it some more on Saturday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I think I have graduated to the 72-hour plague.  I was really fading by the end of rehearsal tonight.  When I got home, the thermometer said my temp was 97.2.  :blink:  I'm sucking on a Cold-eeze and that makes me feel a little better until I get nauseous from it.  I just have to hang in there until after the concert tomorrow night - then I can collapse.

Hope you sleep better tonight, Jean.

• Sad 4

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think I have graduated to the 72-hour plague.  I was really fading by the end of rehearsal tonight.  When I got home, the thermometer said my temp was 97.2.  :blink:  I'm sucking on a Cold-eeze and that makes me feel a little better until I get nauseous from it.  I just have to hang in there until after the concert tomorrow night - then I can collapse.

Hope you sleep better tonight, Jean.

It's 72 hours.

Song of Solomon is so weird.

Goodnight ITT.

• Like 2

We're roughly halfway through week 3 of colonizing Mars. Since it's supposed to keep raining today, we might finish all of week 3 today (the estimated workload for a week of that course is 3 hours/week, but Celery is doing all the readings... I still think it maybe adds up to 3 hours because he's a fast reader, but, 3 hours of Mars in a day is a lot). Broccoli was whining about not knowing what to do this morning so I gave him the 4th grade Brain Quest workbook to do, and he actually did several pages. Usually trying to give him the workbook convinces him to read a book instead. He's forgotten most of the 7 times table, sigh. Spring and summer have been such a mess, got very little done, but I'm trying to get some education in them, even though our district doesn't officially begin until after Labor Day. Did I mention I hate mental illness, including depression? At least I'm doing much better now. 

Oh, and yesterday we managed to buy some more English language books in Imst. Not a whole lot of choice in what to get, but, we got some stuff, because the kids are fast readers and had already read everything (well, Broccoli hadn't read Harry Potter yet, but he said he didn't like it, so, I figured he can wait until he's a bit older - Celery had read it like 3 times already though on this trip). And we went to the Ötzi-dorf. Wasn't much to it, but the kids liked the playground and saw some stuff about how stone age people lived. I also bought the kids new backpacks - Celery's was still a Hello Kitty backpack he picked out before starting 1st grade, and it was starting to get rather worn out, and Broccoli's Pokémon backpack was almost as old and one of the zippers wasn't working properly anymore. Celery picked out a black backpack with "American Tourister" written on it... lol. I think the backpack Broccoli picked out looks pretty neat too. Both seems sturdier than what they had too. 

• Like 6

Good morning!

I'm up.  I'm up already.  Dd9 is asking me to relay messages to the Tooth Fairy, who has been severly delayed due to rain and cloudy conditions in Austria.  The tooth is now waiting on the tall stool.  We got a check yesterday for $14.86 from the Federal Trade Commission - apparently from a lawsuit settlement with an LED lightbulb company.  I think it must have been those bulbs I bought from Sam's Club that lasted 2 months.

gotta get moving.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I agree with Dawn.  

I'm muddling about in a daze this morning.  Getting some misc. things done.  I need to go to the grocery store, but haven't had the gumption to Pantz.  I did finally sleep from about 2-6 this morning.  I had been planning to make strawberry jam this weekend, but I'm going to put that off until some other time.  Maybe Monday?  The plague should be gone by then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm not sure how a recorder class teacher could remain sane without wearing some pretty heavy-duty earplugs.  They are proof that angels walk among us.  :biggrin:

I'm currently listening to a wooden flute, a ceramic ocarina, and a bird whistle. Please help me.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I agree with Dawn.  

Always agree with Dawn. Dawn are smart.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to groove up two miles of road that's the only way to our local school from every direction (school is right in the middle of the two mile stretch) for repairs and have the repairs scheduled to continue the entire first week of school.  Cause traffic isn't bad enough the first week of school with all the people who don't have a clue dropping off.   And I have to drive right by it to get to my classroom.   My 10 minute ride took 20 minutes today and school doesn't start until Tuesday.

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to groove up two miles of road that's the only way to our local school from every direction (school is right in the middle of the two mile stretch) for repairs and have the repairs scheduled to continue the entire first week of school.  Cause traffic isn't bad enough the first week of school with all the people who don't have a clue dropping off.   And I have to drive right by it to get to my classroom.   My 10 minute ride took 20 minutes today and school doesn't start until Tuesday.

Annoying!  :angry:

Ok, people. I’m reading another good book I want to share. Although I do hesitate because of that thread on the Chat Board. So.... maybe you should see if your local library has it.?. Anyhow, it’s called “Mr. Rochester” by Sarah Shoemaker. It’s about Mr. Rochester, from Jane Eyre. It’s a really good novel. Sucked me right in.

• Like 4