Menu

What's with the ads?

I breakfasted.  I churched.  I napped.

That's all I have accomplished so far.

I am getting ready to lunch (at 4:00).  When we got home from church I was too tired to eat.

• Like 5

I did all the things. Now I'm worn out in time to start a new week. But lunch with extended family yesterday went well, and we like Auntie's new Special Someone. I made my first gluten-free meal for more than just our household: bacon-wrapped pineapple, chex mix, a big layered salad, a chicken, turkey meatballs with bbq sauce, new potatoes, brown rice, and vanilla ice cream (and we had store-bought chocolate ice cream, GF cones, and toppings). Now everyone has gone home (but the kitty has not been brave enough to come down and see) and I did the church stuff. I've deduced that my congregation has an unwritten rule: Ask two more questions than other people are asking out loud and you'll be put in charge of something.

My ^&**#@) cell phone keeps buzzing hourly to notify me that I have 3 new voicemails and then complaining that it can't retrieve them for me. ?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I did all the things. Now I'm worn out in time to start a new week. But lunch with extended family yesterday went well, and we like Auntie's new Special Someone. I made my first gluten-free meal for more than just our household: bacon-wrapped pineapple, chex mix, a big layered salad, a chicken, turkey meatballs with bbq sauce, new potatoes, brown rice, and vanilla ice cream (and we had store-bought chocolate ice cream, GF cones, and toppings). Now everyone has gone home (but the kitty has not been brave enough to come down and see) and I did the church stuff. I've deduced that my congregation has an unwritten rule: Ask two more questions than other people are asking out loud and you'll be put in charge of something.

My ^&**#@) cell phone keeps buzzing hourly to notify me that I have 3 new voicemails and then complaining that it can't retrieve them for me. ?

Reminds me of what I tell the boys: Ask me how come something hasn't been cleaned, cooked or otherwise accomplished, and I will put you in charge of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Reminds me of what I tell the boys: Ask me how come something hasn't been cleaned, cooked or otherwise accomplished, and I will put you in charge of it.

My questions are more along the lines of "What did we agree to five years ago to get that piece of paper on the wall?" and "Is there a process for making sure we're still doing the thing?" and the answers are apparently "We forgot, but you should go find out," and "You can convene a meeting about that" with the implication that, um, I might be in charge of a new ministry team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I need to find something productive to do. I just binge watched 2 Hawaii Five-0 episodes. Now I need to do something worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chapter 18 revised. Will check it against the pre-edit version and get the next chapter ready for editing tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 5

I drove in a car for a long time today.  There was construction on the highway which extended our drive by an hour and a half.  :angry:  Then on the way home I ran into a hail storm and had to pull over for a while.  So my 4 hour drive turned into 6, but everyone got to where they were supposed to go.

Skittles the Rat is being much nicer to the other two rats since we started making him sleep by himself in the pet carrier at night.  

There's a rainbow!  Quick, look out the front window!

:biggrin:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I saw an empty broken egg on my patio this morning, by the fence.  ? So something had a yummy egg breakfast at least?  Not as sad as missing baby cardinals.  Still sad, though.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Taco meat and flan for dinner tonight.

I’ll bring guacamole and peach mango salsa if I can have flan!!

• Like 2

I dropped dh off at the airport after church. Ds is completely fine today and dh just has a bad headache. I am chalking yesterday up to exhaustion.

• Like 7

I wish I could see the pretty puppy. 

I'm forcing myself to tackle the school planning next. I got my revisions done, printed off my next chapter for editing, ate dinner and did a touch of cleaning, painted, and now I MUST get the school lists done for next week and printed. I notawanna ata all. I want to take next week off. I want to go take a shower and go to bed. Wah!

• Like 4

I'm sleepy.  I have done all the churching, cooking, dishes, animal feeding, ran to the store twice (once for flowers for our picnic table planter and once because spoiled ds31 wanted ice cream--he didn't ask me to go without him, just to go with him), visiting with neighbors, and have now bathed.  Aren't you glad I took care of the goat??  

• Like 5

I prepped for my 9am meeting. While I took dh to the airport, dd kindly stapled all of my important documents together several times. *head thump*

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

Okay. Schedule is prepared. I'm not ready for it. I used to like to go back to school after a break. Now I want to tell the boys to begin without me and I'll stay in the bed and sleep. But I won't. I'll find my enthusiasm and get after it tomorrow. For now, must shower the goat and go to bed. Nighty-night, y'all.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I passed out in my armchair. Neither  dh nor an energetic puppy could wake me. 

You and I might have the same model of house. We definitely have the same chimney and fireplace.

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

This is our last week of events - rehearsals, lessons, concert, recitals, and choir tour.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning. I have no energy or enthusiasm for what we have on the schedule today, but it will be done. Later today I need to call and reserve the tiller for working in the garden. We are due for a dry week here. I really need to weed flowerbeds, get seeds out, figure out what I can replant and what I need to purchase and garden this week.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I wish I could see the pretty puppy. 

I'm forcing myself to tackle the school planning next. I got my revisions done, printed off my next chapter for editing, ate dinner and did a touch of cleaning, painted, and now I MUST get the school lists done for next week and printed. I notawanna ata all. I want to take next week off. I want to go take a shower and go to bed. Wah!

(((Critter))) *gives chocolate, wonderful tea, and a comfy chair with a view of a waterfall*

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!?

Monday!!?

Obnoxious train whistle and raucous mockingbirds woke me up.

it is a chilly, “pull the comforter up” Morning. Too bad I couldn’t snuggle back down and sleep another hour like I really wanted to.

MIL will not be here today, as FIL is out of town.

Yay, Critter, for gardening.

Yay, Susan, for last week of events.

Yay, Jeannie, for 5 month-old puppies. The picture wouldn’t show up for me, either.

Yay, AMJ!!!

• Like 5

EdPo:

I couldn’t print off assignment sheets last night. Ran out of ink. Bleh!! I hate it when that happens.

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm sleepy.  I have done all the churching, cooking, dishes, animal feeding, ran to the store twice (once for flowers for our picnic table planter and once because spoiled ds31 wanted ice cream--he didn't ask me to go without him, just to go with him), visiting with neighbors, and have now bathed.  Aren't you glad I took care of the goat??  

Even at 31 it can be nice just to get some ordinary kid-with-parent time with one's parent.  :wub:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I prepped for my 9am meeting. While I took dh to the airport, dd kindly stapled all of my important documents together several times. *head thump*

How helpful!  Can you leave them that way until you have to show them to people?  You can then show them how helpful your children can be.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!?

Monday!!?

Obnoxious train whistle and raucous mockingbirds woke me up.

it is a chilly, “pull the comforter up” Morning. Too bad I couldn’t snuggle back down and sleep another hour like I really wanted to.

MIL will not be here today, as FIL is out of town.

Yay, Critter, for gardening.

Yay, Susan, for last week of events.

Yay, Jeannie, for 5 month-old puppies. The picture wouldn’t show up for me, either.

Yay, AMJ!!!

We are predicted to reach the low 90s today for our temps.  Mother's Day is predicted to be rainy, though this far in advance the storm front could change speed and come earlier, later, or not at all.  Until then we get temps in the 90s, and parts north of us that have been rather chilly all warm up.

I'm happy those who have been cold will be warmer, but I could easily have waited longer before the 90s hit here.  Please, weather front, bring drier air behind you!

• Like 4

Today is Dad's follow-up with the hematologist to find out the results of his bone marrow biopsy.  I really hope the doctor says Dad doesn't have to have the phlebotomy scheduled for this Thursday, and tells us Dad can drop to monthly phlebotomies instead of weekly.

Things I need to remember to do this week (as much as I can):

• call the 9th grade school about questions
  • sort out, box up, and label donatables to put on doorstep for pick-up this coming Saturday
  • make my appointments
  • make appointments for the girls
  • make appointments for Dad (neurologist, dermatologist, eye doc, dentist)
  • take Dad for a haircut
  • ask at Dad's residence about pedicures for residents
  • get new MPOA and DNR forms signed and notarized
  • take Dad to get a state-issued photo ID
  • contact my uncle (Mom's executor) about that savings bond
  • find and send stuff to my sister
  • talk to certain friends at art class about plans after this month
  • full schedule this week -- talk to people about May/end-of-school-year stuff and summer doings
  • talk to DH and kids about what else to do for Grandma (DH's Mom) for Mother's Day
  • oh yeah, meal plan, shop, cook (Scratchy Soup tonight, to be started after I get home from running Dad about)
  • oh yeah, walk outside more while I still can
  • Like 3

Good Morning!

I did go back to sleep for an hour.

Also, I never print assignment sheets.  I think better with a pen in my hand, so I just write their assignments out each week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AMJ said:

We are predicted to reach the low 90s today for our temps.  Mother's Day is predicted to be rainy, though this far in advance the storm front could change speed and come earlier, later, or not at all.  Until then we get temps in the 90s, and parts north of us that have been rather chilly all warm up.

I'm happy those who have been cold will be warmer, but I could easily have waited longer before the 90s hit here.  Please, weather front, bring drier air behind you!

And the choir says, "Amen!" We are supposed to have a terrifying brush with 90 this week, too. No spring. Just summer. 

• Like 1

A spider greeted me in the shower this morning. I sent him on his way to heaven.

We have a strict inside/outside policy here. Outside, I totally respect your habitat, or will move you gently aside if I need to access something in my garden shed.  Inside, this is my habitat and you are not welcome. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

A spider greeted me in the shower this morning. I sent him on his way to heaven.

We have a strict inside/outside policy here. Outside, I totally respect your habitat, or will move you gently aside if I need to access something in my garden shed.  Inside, this is my habitat and you are not welcome. 

I have the same policy.  My house, my rules. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Lol!! I’m not in to spiders in my house, either. 

• Like 2

I breakfasted. I made a frittata (aka lazy-man’s omelette). I hate eggs, so I sautéed lots of mushrooms and peppers and threw on a handful of cheese, lots of salsa and avocado. But, I needed an S meal (no carbs). I have successfully stayed on THM (Trim Healthy Mama) for 3 weeks and lost 6 lbs. I think the kicker has been no sugar. I have had some carbs, a little bread, but mostly complex carbs and stabilizing my blood sugar has been the best thing for me.

• Like 5

The day is proceeding apace. Less snapping and thrashing than I expected throwing the turtles in the deep end with new Latin and new math. We are working slowly though. Normally we are through grammar by lunchtime, and that isn't going to happen today.

• Like 4

I read everyone's good mornings but I don't think I offered one myself.  So "Good morning"!  I am placing one foot in front of another today and am just "doing the next thing".  Nothing amazing. 

• Like 6

I am waiting for ds22 to finish getting ready so we can go to REI and see if they can find a good backpack to fit a short-waisted, extra-fluffy female. (Happy Mother's Day!)  Ds22 is coming along because he knows about backpacking.

I am working through a few small projects today, and working hard to not get overly frustrated when the things I need are not anywhere to be found.

He's ready!  See ya later!

• Like 4

I love popcorn. The boys love popcorn. DH loves popcorn. But none of us can eat it with any grace. I gave up and swept the dining room this morning because of the accumulation of popcorn on the floor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2