Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

I think the nighttime coughing indicates that the plague is on its way out.  Sort of slept late if you count dozing off between coughing fits.  I think it counts.

Legoland!  So fun!  Have a wonderful time!  

(((Paige)))  Way to not drop the baby!  ?  I have a friend who puts egg membrane (that super thin membrane between the shell and egg white) on burns and cuts. 

Have a great trip, Krissi!

All my plans are for other people to get done.  I guess that means I am general manager and commander-in-chief today.  I do have laundry to put away.  I want to get in some reading of the Smashing Codes book - Krissi is right - it's very good!  I might spend a little time seeing if there is a weekend we can go camping or backpacking in the next couple months.

Coffee!

(No kittens were harmed in the creation of this post.)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I hate zucchini with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

I used to hate it but dh sautes (sp?) with lots of garlic, or bakes it crispy with Parmesan cheese.   Or something like that, I just know it's super-yummy the way he makes it.  Same with spinach, always hated it.  But with lots and lots of garlic and not all mushy - yum.

I'm on my second glass of iced tea.  I'm caffeine loading before starting my cleaning marathon.  I basically need to clean the whole house in the next 3-4 days.  Then I teach a science camp Wednesday, then two days of finding stuff in my garage.  That shouldn't be so bad because it's half empty after moving stuff to my classroom.   That part of the plan depends on nobody new wanting to register for science camp, but I think we're good (or bad depending on how you look at it cause more students isn't a bad thing).

• Like 7

Mr. Ellie is off doing his regular Saturday morning things instead of sitting here with me. Hmph.

On the up side, with no interruptions, I've breakfasted, washed the hair, run the dishwasher, washed my dance clothes, fed the outside birds, goofed off on the Internet, so there's that.

Oh, wait...I do that stuff all the time anyway. o_0

• Like 6

You all might remember my posting a bit back about the missing TSD-OFNK?  Dh found a news article this morning that explains the situation and called the county jail to confirm (no names were given in the article, but based on the time frame and the papers on their front door, we are 98% sure it's them).  It's much worse than what we thought.  The dad will probably be in prison for the next few decades.  I am guessing TSD-OFNK are in state/foster care.  My heart is breaking for them. How could I not have seen it?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 8

Another household needing a new vacuum cleaner here.  We have the $$$ Dyson Animal ($$$) but we've had it for quite a few years.  The hose broke and is taped up with duct tape which is the biggest problem but there are a few other issues.   We bought a wet/dry vac to use in my classroom and I hauled that home for the weekend so I could do a good vacuuming of the house.  It's one of the reasons I have to get everything done in the next few days.  Then I need to bring it back and clean up my classroom before camp on Wednesday.

I'm taking a break right now from cleaning dd's room.  My youngest child is the worst slob I have ever seen (okay maybe, just maybe, I was pretty bad at her age too).  I usually do a deep cleaning every month or two and then have the kids maintain in between.  I've neglected both the prompting to maintain and the deep cleaning for too long.  I did a semi-deep clean about 6 weeks ago but today involves moving furniture, including completely emptying shelf units so I can pull them back from the wall.   Once I'm done I need a shower.  Badly.  It's so gross.

• Like 7

Good afternoon.  I'm checking in late because we breakfasted together at a local coffee shop (Not Starbucks) this morning.  They have wonderful gf breakfast sandwiches.  Then dd and I went up to the homeschool consignment shop because when I checked their website, it said that they were open today.  Only when I got there, they weren't.  Apparently FB (which I do not use so never think to look at) said that they were closed this weekend.  Hrumph.  So. . . other than some nice family time, I feel like this morning was a waste.  (OK - I did a small amount of academic research).

After grabbing a small bite to eat, I'm going to roll my sleeves up and move it, move it, move it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

You all might remember my posting a bit back about the missing TSD-OFNK?  Dh found a news article this morning that explains the situation and called the county jail to confirm (no names were given in the article, but based on the time frame and the papers on their front door, we know it's them).  It's much worse than what we thought.  The dad will probably be in prison for the next few decades.  I am guessing TSD-OFNK are in state/foster care.  My heart is breaking for them. How could I not have seen it?

(((FNK)))  So sad.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Another household needing a new vacuum cleaner here.  We have the $$$ Dyson Animal ($$$) but we've had it for quite a few years.  The hose broke and is taped up with duct tape which is the biggest problem but there are a few other issues.   We bought a wet/dry vac to use in my classroom and I hauled that home for the weekend so I could do a good vacuuming of the house.  It's one of the reasons I have to get everything done in the next few days.  Then I need to bring it back and clean up my classroom before camp on Wednesday.

I'm taking a break right now from cleaning dd's room.  My youngest child is the worst slob I have ever seen (okay maybe, just maybe, I was pretty bad at her age too).  I usually do a deep cleaning every month or two and then have the kids maintain in between.  I've neglected both the prompting to maintain and the deep cleaning for too long.  I did a semi-deep clean about 6 weeks ago but today involves moving furniture, including completely emptying shelf units so I can pull them back from the wall.   Once I'm done I need a shower.  Badly.  It's so gross.

We got our Dyson Animal repaired this year for $180. It is like new, and a better vacuum than we could buy new for $200.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I am doing quarterly maintenance on the hot tub today. We ran a system purge and scrubbed it this am...about to empty it and refill.

It has really been helpful with my RA. I recommend it to other people with joint issues.

Prairiewindmomma-you got a hot tub booya/h!  I so wish I had a hot tub, I'd never leave that thing.

• Like 4

I wish I had a hot tub. DH wants one more than me. Maybe someday...

Today I wrote 800 words on my untouched sequel, and polished up some muscles on my antagonist. Drawing him for the graphic novel has been a lot of fun. It's going to be a TON of work, but it's so much fun. I'm aching to cut my watercolor paper and start on the front cover. Bought my comic board for creating the pages in graphite, then pen and ink. Eyeballed the portfolio I want for the finished pages. Will be going to the computer store to drool over the laptops that can run the Photoshop program recommended for graphic novelists. This is a lot of fun! (I need a new laptop--just want to be sure it can do what I want it to do for me when it comes to art projects.)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

There is an impromptu saxophone lesson going on in my living room.  The student has 5 minutes playing experience.  All we need to complete the scene are a few preschoolers with recorders.

I have 3 really bad musicians you can borrow. For a very long time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Shopping took way too long today!  First, Aldi was packed.  Then it took me forever to pick out tennis shoes for myself.  Took even longer to go all around the store looking for a second pair (it was buy one get one half off) and I never did find another.  Then I went for a haircut.  I think I got the least experienced stylist in the history of the world.  I finally told her to just stop and don't cut anymore.  I still tipped, but I left.  Then I went to the AFSA for groceries.  Finally, I am home!

Someone needs a long hot bath and chocolates!

Not finding a second pair of shoes would bug the carp out of me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would need to scrub my bathtub before I could take a nice hot bath.  So much work! 

Ditto. And I don't like baths that much, so I'd spend longer cleaning than soaking. Ergo, the tub remains unscrubbed.

PS: DS says Hi to everybody. ?

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 5

I wonder how fast I can get all these kids showered and settled in bed.  What with having half the neighborhood's kids in our house all day plus impromptu saxophone lessons plus various neighbor kids not getting along plus babysitting a couple of them and having unexpected dinner guests, I am ready for some quiet.  Slache, do you have any chocolate, because I may need to send Rodrigo over to borrow some.  Also, I need Sven to come and do the dishes and clean the kitchen. 

• Like 3