Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

For the past 20 minutes 2 of my children have been drawing peaceably at the dinning room table while the third runs up and down the hallway screaming karate noises while holding the ninja turtles only stopping to occasionally scream at their faces before continuing. Guess which one's which. 

Slache, stop screaming karate noises in your children's faces. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Happy Flag Day!

I am waiting for this stupid headache to go away.  The plants have been tended and pruned.  Laundry is put away.  Potato salad is made. Time for more coffee!

Go, Susan!! I tended some plants, too. Picked some produce. It’s hot out there, already. Ima gonna do what Critter does and close the blinds.

• Like 2

The boys are gone.  Deep breath.  The mom texted me this morning - apparently yesterday her older daughter WAS home, but had walked there and did not bother to walk across the street to let us know she was there.  :rolleyes:  And the mom begged to let the boys come for a couple hours this morning so she could finish her job.  My girls are also happy to have the house "back".  I think I must be turning into an old fuddy-duddy.  :biggrin:

I've prepped dinner as much as can be done.  Mississippi Pot Roast.

#alwaysbeenafuddyduddy

It's a Fuddy-Duddy Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

It’s academic testing day here, too.

I got my second pneumonia shot (5 year follow up) and it totally knocked me out—fever, chills, softball sized lump. I can move my arm today but it is still heavy and really sore. 

Ack!  That sounds horrible!  (Not as bad as pneumonia, I suppose...)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Is there some kind of crazy allergin blowing around?  I woke up with swollen eyes and my head is not happy and I'm sneezing and my ears are all plugged.

38 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

It’s academic testing day here, too.

I got my second pneumonia shot (5 year follow up) and it totally knocked me out—fever, chills, softball sized lump. I can move my arm today but it is still heavy and really sore. 

Quick.... everyone to the Island!!! No allergens and Rocco’s Super Secret Cures Whatever Ails You Elixir.

• Like 6

DS has never told his friends about Baby! Last night he was on the phone w/ one of his best friends:

Ds: it’s hard living upstairs because I have to listen to Baby.

friend: who’s Baby?

Ds: my brother

friend: you don’t have a brother

Ds: I do now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

(((prairie))))

• Like 1

Youngest and I had a "playdate" this afternoon with IRL homeschool friends.  My friend and I were talking about school plans for fall and when I mentioned American History for my 12yo ds she asked me what we would be using.  LOL.  It was one of those moments when you go "oh man, I know I did this homework.....  where did I put it?"  Huh?  Um, well we might use these dvds on the presidents, but I still need to watch them first.  And I'm going to have him reading something.  What was I going to have him read?  Oh, poo, I don't know what I'm doing!!!!!  I'm glad she asked me, because it made me realize I might need to work on those plans a little bit more, lol.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pastor's DIL was diagnosed with 6 ulcers, a pancreas thing and an esophagus thing. Still no food for... 26(?) days but at least the hospital is admitting her rather than sending her home again and she's getting fluids through an IV instead of, you know, dying.

Off topic. Barbaravan is now officially nicknamed Daddy Vroom via Alex. 

29 minutes ago, Ellie said:

?

Like with the fat earrings that make the holes big. She's 25.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning. I dreamt we went car shopping with MIL even though we had no intention of buying a car.

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ear gauges?  

Yes! That.

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Day 147 steps 
Day 18 hips

Yay!

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning Friday!  COFFEE!!!!  

I'm not a fan of the earlobe widening trend.  I would think people would regret it some day.  I don't mean to judge it per se, I just don't find it appealing or attractive.  

Me neither. She always does whatever her boyfriend is doing and he has that. She has 7 very different tattoos because of that.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!

nothing much going on here today. I’m trying to embrace the nothingness because next week is VBS which will be insane and the week after we are going to a week long Family Camp in the Santa Cruz mountains. We’ve never been there before, but DH’s brother and family and DH’s parents go every year and wanted the rest of the family to come, too, this year. So, we are going. It should be nice.

• Like 4

DH has a job! He starts next week. After more than 3 months off I’m ready to get back into a routine but also sad to see him go. Baby will be sad too. I’d be more sad, however, if we had no money as I was already getting a bit anxious, so back to work is good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Paige said:

DH has a job! He starts next week. After more than 3 months off I’m ready to get back into a routine but also sad to see him go. Baby will be sad too. I’d be more sad, however, if we had no money as I was already getting a bit anxious, so back to work is good.

Oh good!!! So happy for you All!!

Did I say "Good morning"?  Taking dd to testing is interfering with my ITTing! 

Dd said this morning that she wouldn't want to go to public school because just two days of testing puts her around too many annoying people.  She wouldn't let me complain to the proctor though about how they are letting boys talk loudly during the testing. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

We did most of the school (finishing later) walked the kids, stopped at the playground and wound up picking wild flowers. We need field guides. Any recs? I want birds and flowers.

It's payday! We need a bigger payday.

I felt better yesterday than the day before and even better today. My least favorite body part is smaller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I like the Peterson field guides. 

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What if you had to pick one? I'm leaning towards the Petersons because we can look ahead for traveling and I've seen them recommended before. But the Oregon ones would also be cool.