Menu

Ignore this thread!

OK, Slache, here's what I think we should shoot for.  Fly into Innsbruck and take the train to Trieben, Austria, which is point A24 on the Purple trail. http://www.via-alpina.org/en/stage/24  We'll travel A24 to A66, which ends the trail in Germany.  A bit less strenuous than the Swiss or Italian Alps and we get to see the world's largest monastic library, cool castles and cathedrals, and stuff.  Also, we should plan to arrive in mid-September so we can attend a Viehschied festival (when the cows come home).  Plan on at least 1-1/2 months, though a little more would be better so we can take our time and explore the castles and other cool things.  Joining the Brittania chapter of the Austrian Alpine Club will get us decent discounts on lodging and food.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

OK, Slache, here's what I think we should shoot for.  Fly into Innsbruck and take the train to Trieben, Austria, which is point A24 on the Purple trail. http://www.via-alpina.org/en/stage/24  We'll travel A24 to A66, which ends the trail in Germany.  A bit less strenuous than the Swiss or Italian Alps and we get to see the world's largest monastic library, cool castles and cathedrals, and stuff.  Also, we should plan to arrive in mid-September so we can attend a Viehschied festival (when the cows come home).  Plan on at least 1-1/2 months, though a little more would be better so we can take our time and explore the castles and other cool things.  Joining the Brittania chapter of the Austrian Alpine Club will get us decent discounts on lodging and food.

:svengo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Can I ride a scooter? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

No, but you can ride a cablecar up some of the mountains or take a train, bus, or taxi to bypass to the next town.  You ARE allowed to dance as much as you like on the trails.

I don't know how I feel about this.

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

We estimated 5 pounds on mount st helens.

I didn't lose any weight hiking 35 miles at Frozen Head.  And then my body rebelled and got all swelled up for three days afterwards.  But still...I've always wanted to attend a viehschied.  Might as well hike a few hundred miles through the Alps to get to one.  :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I like my hikes to be less than 10 miles so I can tinkle in indoor plumbing before and after. 

Excellent!  I don't think any of the segments are more than 10 miles.  And you don't have to sleep outdoors.  Might even get fairly regular showers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I was going to like this until you said you were planning a shindig.  And then I shuddered.  I'm going to need a few minutes by myself to recover from the whole idea of planning a shindig.  

I love planning. I photocopied recipes for baked beans and bbq sauce and my excellent potato salad and made extra pages in my bullet journal and glued them in. Please don’t roll your eyes, y’all. This makes me happy.??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I love planning. I photocopied recipes for baked beans and bbq sauce and my excellent potato salad and made extra pages in my bullet journal and glued them in. Please don’t roll your eyes, y’all. This makes me happy.??

I was just about to ask for your potato salad recipe, but then I remembered that it's too labor intensive for my wrists.

Here's my recipe for potato salad:

Junie's Good-Enough Potato Salad

1.  Order deli potato salad at online grocery place.

2.  Pick up deli potato salad.

3.  Refrigerate until ready to

4.  Eat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Junie said:

I was just about to ask for your potato salad recipe, but then I remembered that it's too labor intensive for my wrists.

4.  Eat.

I add hard boiled eggs and celery so it has varied textures.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Junie said:

4.  Eat.

I did that once at a potluck. I bought it at the deli and put it in my own bowl.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I finished “A Man Called Ove” this afternoon. Sigh!! I laughed, I cried..... it moved me, Bob!!

Seriously. I love that book.

50 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously!!

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

the Sequel.

I was downloading the audiobook of A Man Called Ove from the digital library and trying to remember where I left off.  I think he was in a garage trying to accomplish the thing that he is not good at accomplishing.  Do you know what chapter that is?

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was downloading the audiobook of A Man Called Ove from the digital library and trying to remember where I left off.  I think he was in a garage trying to accomplish the thing that he is not good at accomplishing.  Do you know what chapter that is?

Chapter 11: A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One Who Can’t Open a Window Without Falling off a Ladder

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi, you should be all scandalous and plan a hootenanny!

I have no idea what a hootenanny is. Is it really scandalous? My shindig is just going to be my family, my parents, my in-Laws and two sets of aunts and uncles.

I just have to share the best descriptiOn ever... (it’s from Ove)

”Her laughter catches him off guard. As if it’s carbonated and someone has poured it too fast and it’s bubbling over in all directions. It doesn’t fit at all with the gray cement and right-angled garden paving stones. It’s an untidy, mischievous laugh that refuses to go along with rules and prescriptions.”

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am figuring out my new sonicare toothbrush. So high tech. I can even charge it with my computer!  (Though honestly I can’t think of a single occasion where I would want to charge it with my computer...)

I used to use a Sonicare. I din’t Anymore.

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The girls went to a birthday party. Guess what they had as party favors?

goldfish.

hmph.

DH had to go to The Afsa for a bigger bowl and food.

You should give them a kitten as a thank you for the lovely party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I was going to like this until you said you were planning a shindig.  And then I shuddered.  I'm going to need a few minutes by myself to recover from the whole idea of planning a shindig.  

I know, right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have no idea what a hootenanny is. Is it really scandalous? My shindig is just going to be my family, my parents, my in-Laws and two sets of aunts and uncles.

A hootenanny is a whole lotta "hoot" and just a leeeetle bit of "nanny".

(I think dancing in a barn and moonshine hidden under the hay are two primary elements.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

Two of the kids have orchestra "camp" this week (just during the day) so I have to drive into The Big City twice a day this week.  We discovered that ds13 hasn't had a tetanus shot since 2006, so he has to get one tonight for boy scout camp.  Our houseguest will be over at some point.  

I forgot about them and left the hardboiled eggs in the IP for almost 2 hours.  Dh says they are still edible.

Coffee!

• Like 4