Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

Ds17, dd15, and dd11 are on their way to drama camp.

I have a feeling that there is going to be a different kind of drama going on here this week as I try to get the kids who are here to do the chores of those who are gone.  ?

I have instructed the kids who are here that they must do at least *some* homeschool this week.  I have a bunch of grading and planning to do.

• Like 2

I still have poison ivy spreading all over. Dying. It's not bad enough to go to the doctor, because I'm not literally dying, and it's not near my eyes or mouth, but it's just lingering and bad enough to drive me crazy. And now it's on my palm. ?️ My MIL said if it's systemic, and I think it is, that it won't clear up on its own, and I need a shot, but I'm trying to wait it out because I hate all things doctor and shots. Surely it cleared up in people before there were shots.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Today's the last day of school for the older kids! ?Apparently you get to skip the rest of the week if you did well on tests, etc. Poor DD (10) has to go all week. 

DD(10) has to go not because she did poorly but because the elementary schools don't allow skipping.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!??

i’m up early this morning. Even though the room was a delicious “pull up the covers” cool for a summer morning, my hot flashes kept me throwing off the covers, then getting cold and pulling them up again. I decided it was ‘t Worth it and got up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

A hootenanny is a whole lotta "hoot" and just a leeeetle bit of "nanny".

(I think dancing in a barn and moonshine hidden under the hay are two primary elements.)

Now, that sounds like fun. Although we’d have to keep that moonshine welll hidden from my strict teetotalling dad and DH.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Paige said:

Today's the last day of school for the older kids! ?Apparently you get to skip the rest of the week if you did well on tests, etc. Poor DD (10) has to go all week. 

DD(10) has to go not because she did poorly but because the elementary schools don't allow skipping.

Poor DD!

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Ds17, dd15, and dd11 are on their way to drama camp.

I have a feeling that there is going to be a different kind of drama going on here this week as I try to get the kids who are here to do the chores of those who are gone.  ?

I have instructed the kids who are here that they must do at least *some* homeschool this week.  I have a bunch of grading and planning to do.

Crack the whip, Junie. 

My kids always respond well to bribery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Two of the kids have orchestra "camp" this week (just during the day) so I have to drive into The Big City twice a day this week.  We discovered that ds13 hasn't had a tetanus shot since 2006, so he has to get one tonight for boy scout camp.  Our houseguest will be over at some point.  

I forgot about them and left the hardboiled eggs in the IP for almost 2 hours.  Dh says they are still edible.

Coffee!

I have to take my kid in for a physical for BS Camp.?? none of the other camps we go to require physicals. 

8 hours ago, Slache said:

I meant get one at the store. And don't give it to the parents. Give it to the kid.

My kids would kill me if I got a kitteh at the store and gave it away to someone else and didn’t let them have it.?

seriously, my children are out of control when it comes to kittehs,  now, if it was a big, hairy spider.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Monday Morning!  COFFEE!

Potato Salad - potatoes, eggs, onions, mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper.  

I'm in the mood for chicken salad - with mandarin oranges, grapes and almonds.  yummy.  

The dressing needs a bit of prepared mustard and some vinegar or pickle juice, too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So. . . Rusty has been a very naughty bunny lately at night.  We're going to experiment with letting him loose in my bedroom tonight.  (Moving his cage is a pain and there isn't room for it anyway.)  I'm hoping that this will give dd some more sleep.

40 lashes with a wet noodle!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I did not learn until a few minutes ago that we have a Triple Crown winner. Woohoo! What a way to start my favorite day of the week!!!

It was a pretty exciting race.  We skip all of the pre-game coverage (it's as bad as the Super Bowl coverage that goes on for days, imo) and we *just* watch the races.

It made we want to watch Secretariat.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Maybe Bunny needs a night-time cage in the garage?  <insert running away emo in case I'm overstepping, lol>

Dd put his cage downstairs in the family room aka Schoolroom of Doom for a week.  For some reason that I haven't figured out yet, she brought him back upstairs.  So she always has the option of putting the cage back down there.  We could also fence off part of the room so that he could do his nocturnal partying without access to my pillow.  Maybe.  He can jump quite high (over 3 feet up).  We'll discuss it once dd rolls out of bed. 

• Like 2

Our bunnies stay in their pen all night.

I have done things: brought kids to orchestra camp, ordered peaches from the farm, ordered gifts for dad and nephew, registered kids for children's choir, paid tuition deposits, fiddled with the garden, mailed bills, called the clinic and figured out what to do for ds13's tetanus shot, and figured out dinners for the week.

I have to leave in a half hour to pick kids up from orchestra and take ds to get his shot.  Not sure when our houseguest will be here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely hate being put on the spot.  After receiving multiple calls from the same business (which I didn't recognize and thought were telemarketers) I finally answered.  It turned out to be the publishers of a Christian study that I'm doing with the church teens wanting our feedback.  Since the teens and I have spent a lot of time talking about how you have to take this study with a huge grain of salt because it is propagandistic and overly simplistic in it's arguments, this put me on the spot.  My answer was "It's ok but is clearly biased" which then put the caller on the spot as he sputtered.  Oh well.  I thanked him nicely for calling.  But I feel like a bad pastor's wife for not swallowing everything hook, line and sinker.  (Which really should not be the case, I know.  It must be some kind of social conditioning. . . ) 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Horshack is an aquired taste.  And Welcome Back Kotter is way before her time, isn't it? 

I could tell it was too old for me. I had friends that used to watch Happy Days and I Love Lucy to help them learn English and I would watch it with them, but I think those are my only classics.

• Like 1

I think we'll take next week off. It will be our first week off ever not due to illness. John's academics have only recently become challenging so we've never had a need. We're going on vacation (hopefully) in September so that will be nice, too.

What do I do? We have to do memory work review and I wanted to keep reading habits, and Duolingo going. Do I have to do anything else?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think we'll take next week off. It will be our first week off ever not due to illness. John's academics have only recently become challenging so we've never had a need. We're going on vacation (hopefully) in September so that will be nice, too.

What do I do? We have to do memory work review and I wanted to keep reading habits, and Duolingo going. Do I have to do anything else?

I don't even do that much on our weeks off. Chores and bedtime stories remain constant; nothing else is required.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paige said:

I still have poison ivy spreading all over. Dying. It's not bad enough to go to the doctor, because I'm not literally dying, and it's not near my eyes or mouth, but it's just lingering and bad enough to drive me crazy. And now it's on my palm. ?️ My MIL said if it's systemic, and I think it is, that it won't clear up on its own, and I need a shot, but I'm trying to wait it out because I hate all things doctor and shots. Surely it cleared up in people before there were shots.  

Please go get the shot. I waited one Christmas when I got it from our tree.  HUGE mistake.  Do not put yourself through that.  I hate taking meds, but I always give in now for poison.  Ain’t nobody got time for that!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Please go get the shot. I waited one Christmas when I got it from our tree.  HUGE mistake.  Do not put yourself through that.  I hate taking meds, but I always give in now for poison.  Ain’t nobody got time for that!

I agree with Ikslo.

how are you feeling, BTW?

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I agree with Ikslo.

how are you feeling, BTW?

It’s just bad enough to be annoying. I’ve had poison ivy really horribly before and I’d get a shot if it was like that, but this time it’s such that I can forget about it most of the time instead of obsessing about how I want to scratch all day. 

• Like 1