Menu

Ignore this thread!

36 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

I want brownies

We're making some tonight for the birthday dinner.

20 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

One of my mom's friends, who had been our neighbor at one point, invited us to their new place in the country after they moved.  I think we went out there for supper and visiting.   Before we left, that lady started running back and forth through the house (which was a mobile home, so straight shot all the way through) pantzless.  

And shirtless.  And braless.  And underwearless.  

In front of husbands, kids, pets, and all.

This is me before kids. I don't like clothes. I'm fairly certain the neighbors never saw me, though I would sneak out and get the mail or rotate laundry if no one was home. I was thin at the time.

I have barely gotten out of bed since I walked the kids on Monday. I am exhausted. Truly exhausted. It's gotten really bad the last few weeks. I can see it in my step count and housework. All school has been from bed for weeks. Any suggestions? 

It's taking me about an hour to fall asleep so I'll take suggestions for that too. Not melatonin. 

• Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have barely gotten out of bed since I walked the kids on Monday. I am exhausted. Truly exhausted. It's gotten really bad the last few weeks. I can see it in my step count and housework. All school has been from bed for weeks. Any suggestions? 

It's taking me about an hour to fall asleep so I'll take suggestions for that too. Not melatonin. 

((((Slache))))

How's the thyroid thing going? Exhaustion is a symptom of hypothyroid, and, curiously, also of poor sleep.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellie said:

((((Slache))))

How's the thyroid thing going? Exhaustion is a symptom of hypothyroid, and, curiously, also of poor sleep.

I don't know. The doctor says there is no reason to do more testing. The exhaustion always comes before the not sleeping. I think the not sleeping is just a normal response to bot being active enough.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Slache said:

I take "Sleep and Relax" an herbal supplement by Gaia herbs a couple hours before I go to bed and I also drink a cup of Sleepytime Extra tea. It helps me and doesn't make me groggy in the morning.

And this is a "Getting Enough Sleep" Booya/h!

• Like 2

I'm just frustrated. And this is more of a JAWM post than an "I'm looking for advice" post. I'm trying to figure out next year. We joined this charter school.... for many reasons, but we can't use Christian curriculum and that's all we've been using.  There are ways to get around some things, but I don't want to spend my life trying to get around things. KWIM? So, I'm looking at literature guides since we won't be using CLE Reading program, and I need to find a science program for my two oldest. We've all been doing Apologia together and that's been working well, but I do think my two oldest are needing something a little more age appropriate..... anyhow. As I said, I'm not looking for advice. I just want to gripe.

Back to your regularly scheduled Wednesday afternoon!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't know. The doctor says there is no reason to do more testing. The exhaustion always comes before the not sleeping. I think the not sleeping is just a normal response to bot being active enough.

My dear, it may be time to find another doctor. Seems to me your lab numbers were in the hypo range.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

((((Slache))))

I did not mean to quote this and now it won't go away.

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I take "Sleep and Relax" an herbal supplement by Gaia herbs a couple hours before I go to bed and I also drink a cup of Sleepytime Extra tea. It helps me and doesn't make me groggy in the morning.

And this is a "Getting Enough Sleep" Booya/h!

Thank you. 

#noh

38 minutes ago, Junie said:

Slache, have you had your hemoglobin checked recently?

Yes, it's fine.

23 minutes ago, Ellie said:

My dear, it may be time to find another doctor. Seems to me your lab numbers were in the hypo range.

They are borderline. But sometimes they're borderline and my energy levels are fine so I don't think that's the cause.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

One of my mom's friends, who had been our neighbor at one point, invited us to their new place in the country after they moved.  I think we went out there for supper and visiting.   Before we left, that lady started running back and forth through the house (which was a mobile home, so straight shot all the way through) pantzless.  

Not in front of the pets!   Eek!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I am verklempt.  Where is that svengo guy?

• Like 2

Ugh.  The neighbor boys are eating dinner here.  No sign of mom or other adult at their house.  They went to another neighbor's house while I brought the kids to Bible study, but they came back for dinner.  

Oh, a blue car just pulled up.  I think it's the older half-sister's boyfriend.  

He just brought over the half-sister's 3yo.  Um.  I think after everyone is done eating, we'll have to take a walk over and see what the blankety-blank is going on.  Just kidding.  I won't say "blankety-blank". :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ugh.  The neighbor boys are eating dinner here.  No sign of mom or other adult at their house.  They went to another neighbor's house while I brought the kids to Bible study, but they came back for dinner.  

Oh, a blue car just pulled up.  I think it's the older half-sister's boyfriend.  

He just brought over the half-sister's 3yo.  Um.  I think after everyone is done eating, we'll have to take a walk over and see what the blankety-blank is going on.  Just kidding.  I won't say "blankety-blank". :laugh:

You should.  Or you should hand them a bill for babysitting. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You should.  Or you should hand them a bill for babysitting. 

I could hand them a bill, but money won't be forthcoming.  At least they got two solid meals here.  Looks like the half-sister is there.  I'll let them play a bit and then send everyone home.  

Dh overheard one of the boys saying to the other that their mom was probably at a bar like usual.  :mellow:  Their dad isn't allowed at the house since "the incident" last December.

• Sad 4

Alex won't stop talking like a demon, Mary got her hair stuck under the bed and I hugged John so hard he saw spots. I should get some kind of award.

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey Slacheygirl.  How are you?

Tired. I finished my book! :cool:

6 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Night y night. ?

Noche and noche.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I could hand them a bill, but money won't be forthcoming.  At least they got two solid meals here.  Looks like the half-sister is there.  I'll let them play a bit and then send everyone home.  

Dh overheard one of the boys saying to the other that their mom was probably at a bar like usual.  :mellow:  Their dad isn't allowed at the house since "the incident" last December.

Well, Susan, and this is definitely your ministry. Being a good neighbor-Mom.

• Like 3

I have been reading through collections of short stories.  Next up in the book I'm currently reading: The Tell-Tale Heart.  I think I'm gonna wait until morning for that one.

I think Poe was a brilliant writer, but I prefer to read his stories in the daytime.

Especially after that time in college when I had to spend an entire weekend by myself for the first time.  (I had *never* slept in a house alone before.)  And I had to write a research paper on The Fall of the House of Usher.  Let's just say I didn't sleep much.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Good Thursday Morning!     Today is game day at summer swim practice.  The kids get a donut at practice and there are lots of kids and 3 different age groups.  Last week I was appointed to make sure no one came back for a second until the end of all the practices.  Today, I have made plans to meet a mom for breakfast and give her girl clothes and shoes we've outgrown.  (Yes, I am brilliant.  Thank you very much.  Personally, I think they should just buy more donuts, lol.) 

• Like 5

DH was offered a job yesterday! It sounds wonderful except the commute would be even worse than what he had before. He's going to listen to their package details today and decide soon. I don't think there's any way we could move closer to make the commute easier. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Paige said:

DH was offered a job yesterday! It sounds wonderful except the commute would be even worse than what he had before. He's going to listen to their package details today and decide soon. I don't think there's any way we could move closer to make the commute easier. 

What a coincidence!!  My DH got a call a couple days ago regarding a new job and he’s going to go check it out after work today. It sounds like a better position than he has now, he knows nothing about then pay, etc. but the commute is 30 minutes farther each way than he’s driving now. It’s easy driving - just highway driving out to the middle of nowhere, but still.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Junie said:

I have been reading through collections of short stories.  Next up in the book I'm currently reading: The Tell-Tale Heart.  I think I'm gonna wait until morning for that one.

I think Poe was a brilliant writer, but I prefer to read his stories in the daytime.

Especially after that time in college when I had to spend an entire weekend by myself for the first time.  (I had *never* slept in a house alone before.)  And I had to write a research paper on The Fall of the House of Usher.  Let's just say I didn't sleep much.

I read Poe in high school and he really creeped me out. Never read him again.

I’m picking up “We were the Lucky Ones” again after a short break (I read a 400 page Harry Bosch novel in less than 24 hours). I don’t know what to do with that book. It’s a good book. Very well written, but good heavens, it is depressing.  It is based on a true story, the author’s family story, actually. It’s about a Jewish Family in Poland during WWII, when Poland got divided up between the Nazis and the Soviets. It’s horrible. It’s the most horrifying thing, but the only thing that really makes me want to put it down is how awful those people were treated. I can’t take it. And it doesn’t have gratuitous horribleness in it. The author just tells it the way it was. The family consists of the parents and their grown-up children, a couple of whom are married. They end getting split up. One son gets an illegal visa and is trying to sail to Brazil after ditchng the French army, another son and his wife were put into a cattle car and sent to Siberia because he didn’t check the box to be loyal to the Soviets when they invaded. And I’m kind of making myself read it, reminding myself, as a middle-class, middle-aged American woman, that people did treat other people this way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

For the past 20 minutes 2 of my children have been drawing peaceably at the dinning room table while the third runs up and down the hallway screaming karate noises while holding the ninja turtles only stopping to occasionally scream at their faces before continuing. Guess which one's which. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3