Menu

Ignore this thread!

When DD wore AFOs, she wore it on her small foot and the AFO would take up space in her shoes so that she could wear the same size. Now, we probably should buy her different sized shoes but we don't because she doesn't complain. I guess she's used to it. We have some inserts she puts in anything not sandals which take up space and sometimes she wears several stacked together. Nordstrom and the Healthy Shoe Store will sell different sizes too.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Hot day!  I feel that summer officially starts when it is 80 degrees by 8 a.m.  I might visit The Magical Organic Store (Whole Foods) today after dropping the girls off at fiddle camp. Also, I realized that I am getting 50lbs of peaches on Thursday and I will need to have a Plan.  :ohmy:

But first...

Coffee!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Hot day!  I feel that summer officially starts when it is 80 degrees by 8 a.m.  I might visit The Magical Organic Store (Whole Foods) today after dropping the girls off at fiddle camp. Also, I realized that I am getting 50lbs of peaches on Thursday and I will need to have a Plan.  :ohmy:

But first...

Coffee!

Are you going to jam or feeeze them??

13 hours ago, Paige said:

Baby had a thing yesterday. We were at a restaurant and I gave him a few bites of my grits from shrimp and grits. After about 3 bites, his face turned bright red, his eyes got bloodshot, and he started obsessively rubbing his face, and got a little upset. I quit feeding him any and wiped his hands and face, and within 3min or so he was fine and all the redness and blotchy spots receded. That's an allergic type reaction, right? He'd had corn related stuff before and had no problem. My grandmother was highly allergic to shellfish so maybe it was the shrimp even if he didn't actually eat any?

Oh dear. That does sound like an allergic reaction.

Ok, I got Japanese The Manga Way, The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Course, and A Treasury of Japanese Folktales from the library. This is my life now.

(If you're familiar with these materials they're for me to look at, not use at the moment.)

• Like 3

Good morning. I am tired. Worked yesterday, and only slept in a little bit today. DH is home, working on the bridge across the creek. I am revising this morning, working on an MS with a friend, and trying not to hyperventilate because the editor gets my story tomorrow. My boys are somewhere in the Dakotas today, but the pictures I have been getting says they are having a wonderful time. It's hot and windy. I hope a thunderstorm blows in to do the watering for me.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. I am tired. Worked yesterday, and only slept in a little bit today. DH is home, working on the bridge across the creek. I am revising this morning, working on an MS with a friend, and trying not to hyperventilate because the editor gets my story tomorrow. My boys are somewhere in the Dakotas today, but the pictures I have been getting says they are having a wonderful time. It's hot and windy. I hope a thunderstorm blows in to do the watering for me.

:wub:  Hope you have a good day with a satisfying storm and peaceful night's sleep tonight.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

(But I don't know what it is. Haha!) Do I need to read 3,030 pages?

We have an ITT tradition of editing our posts at the top of every page to say Booyah.  Or Booya  (or Booya(h) for those who don't want to choose a side.) 

I am team Booyah.  But the biggest tradition here is supporting each other (even if some people can't spell booyah right). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have been feeling really run-down again.  I called by doctor and requested bloodwork.  I just got back from getting that done.  She ordered it "stat", so I should have results today.  I'm concerned that my hemoglobin is really low again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

33 minutes ago, Junie said:

I have been feeling really run-down again.  I called by doctor and requested bloodwork.  I just got back from getting that done.  She ordered it "stat", so I should have results today.  I'm concerned that my hemoglobin is really low again.

I'm glad you are getting it checked out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I'm glad she got you in quickly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ellie said:

she said "butt"

Sorry. I should have said booty. It's more polite.

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We have an ITT tradition of editing our posts at the top of every page to say Booyah.  Or Booya  (or Booya(h) for those who don't want to choose a side.) 

I am team Booyah.  But the biggest tradition here is supporting each other (even if some people can't spell booyah right). 

?

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So. . . one of my brothers has emailed that he will be in the area.  There will be 3 of them.  Is it rude for me to admit that while I would love seeing them for the day, putting them up overnight would be really hard?  We've had them overnight before but the pet situation has made logistics more difficult. 

No, it's fine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I’m glad you got in to see the doctor. You gotta take care of you!!! 

• Like 1

My MIL got DH a Father's Day gift that was not a banana holder that says, "We're Bananas About Daddy, Love LastName Brats." It's not that, but very, very, similar. That's weird, isn't it? First, I would never refer to my kids as brats, and then it's just weird because he's not her Daddy. 

• Confused 4

I feel like it's some sort of weird boundary issue w/MIL because it says it's from the kids, but it's not from the kids, so now we have a banana holder that they had nothing to do with that has from them on it, that we can never get rid of. It'd be like if I got my mom a mug that says "Best Wife Ever! Love, Your Hubby."  My dad would probably think that was weird. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Paige said:

I feel like it's some sort of weird boundary issue w/MIL because it says it's from the kids, but it's not from the kids, so now we have a banana holder that they had nothing to do with that has from them on it, that we can never get rid of. It'd be like if I got my mom a mug that says "Best Wife Ever! Love, Your Hubby."  My dad would probably think that was weird. 

I vote get rid of it anyway!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Paige said:

Paige, it's amazing (and so sad!) how fragile things like that can accidentally get stepped on in a busy household and break. . .    (Wink. Wink) Our older relatives have given weird gifts like that.  Somehow their sense of what is funny or cute can sometimes get skewed. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

Huh? What does this mean? I'm a rookie - help me out! 

FTFY is Internet for Fixed That For You. :-)

The first person to post at the top of a page gets a booya, although some people erroneously spell it booyah. So I did a strikethrough of your text and wrote booya. See?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paige said:

It sounds very breakable. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

Yes! We have a little person in this house who wears *one* AFO. And the only shoes wide enough to accommodate those are $$$$. 

ETA: Oh! Now I get it! BOOYAH! (My first one - and an AFO BOOYAH at that! Perfect as we are getting a brand new one next week. ? In camo, of course.)

Nicely done booyah!

• Like 2