Menu

Ignore this thread!

I went out and erranded. Got the photocopy of the back of dd's picture. Stopped at the grocery store and picked up stuff for dinner. Turns out Mr. Ellie won't be home after work because he has a Gideon dinner meeting and he'll be going straight there. So I'm ready for tomorrow...Ordered dresses and adornments for my hula dancers for our recital in September. Canceled my place at a women's conference that's on the same day as the recital; apparently I wasn't braining when I made the reservation. Called the store in Hawaii where I order the dresses to see if a fabric they have matches the skirts we ordered from them before; they're sending me a sample. Received a 12' speaker that I'll be using for my dance classes and whatnot (it has blue-tooth ability, so I can use my tablet); it's the third one we've ordered because blue-tooth keeps not working. o_0

Now I'm going to go finish my nap.

That is all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We have raccoons and opossums visiting out yard. Probably because we live close to the river. There are also occasionally coyotes and definitely hawks and owl. We have lots of black widow spiders.

Yrs, we have raccoons and possums and owls and coyotes and black bears and bobcats. I have heard of a rare cougar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're back.  Kids had a good and tiring day at orchestra camp.  I could not politely avoid Competitive Music Mom, so I chatted with her for a couple minutes while waiting for the kids to get out of rehearsal.  Ds13 got his tetanus shot so he can go to boy scout camp next week.  Ds22 put dinner in the oven (baked ravioli with Italian sausage), and Wally is working on the floors.

Hungry!

• Like 4

Hi. I doctored. I like my doctor. 

We then went to the gluten free cafe where I had an extra tasty tuna melt. Then we walked quite aways to a vegan ice cream place that had a gf chocolate brownies ice cream in a gf waffle cone. It sort of defeated the whole weight loss discussion that I had with my doctor. But dd pointed out that gf and vegan means that it is super healthy so score!  

• Like 7

The new blue tooth speaker device works. Woohoo. The kittehs and I had a short dance class. I did not nap. Guess I'll do that now.

Also, my eyes are quite dry. Probably because of the glaucoma drops. Also, I have a cream that I have to apply morning and night around my eyes because of Heckalongnamedermatosissomethingorother. It makes my eyes burn if I'm not rilly, rilly careful about how I apply it. So I can't tell for sure why my eyes are bothering me, but I'll put some more drops in them, which should take care of everything. Right?

• Like 4

One of dd19's "end-of-year" books came in the mail yesterday and I have laughed myself to tears reading it.  "F in Exams: Complete Failure Edition"  

Q. Name the four humors of Greek medicine.  A. Slapstick, irony, wordplay, and poo jokes.

Q. For what reason was James I also known as James IV?  A. They couldn't count.

Q. Provide two names that Elizabeth I was known by.  A. "Your Majesty" and "Please Don't Cut My Head Off".

:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We pooled. It has been decided that my method of teaching the eldest to swim by throwing him in the deep end is more effective than Matt's 7 years of coddling. I actually didn't throw him but I did make him jump. And I let Alex jump in with floaties. They can both swim now. Matt's been making me insane by not just making him do it for the past 4 years. It's swimming, not rocket surgery, and it's more fun in the deep end. 

P1020634_1528845573410.jpg

P1020641_1528845568362.jpg

• Like 9

My 10yo DD is now borrowing my shoes and clothes! It was bad enough with my 14yos but this is my teeny baby. How did she get so big so fast? I can take comfort in the fact that if she can wear my clothes she can wear her sisters’ clothes too and that will bother them even more than it bothers me. ? 

They are all still a little shorter than me. I’m afraid that DD (10)’s recent huge growth may be one of her lasts and this is about as big as she gets. She’ll be disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Happy birthday, Awix!

Not catching up. Absolutely beat to death, but not dead yet. I have today off to catch up on all the things I haven't done. Sigh.

Critter!  I thought I would get so much done with most of my crew gone, but I have been so unmotivated.  Are you beat to death from work?  ((hugs))  I think I'm going to let my to-do list go and just go with slothdom.  

• Like 3

It’s been about 5yrs since I’ve really had to parallel park, and especially in a tight space. I’ve always avoided it. I was forced to today and I did it like a boss, like a winner, like a wizard, like a NYC taxi driver! ?

DH was not nearly as impressed as he should have been.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

38 minutes ago, Paige said:

It’s been about 5yrs since I’ve really had to parallel park, and especially in a tight space. I’ve always avoided it. I was forced to today and I did it like a boss, like a winner, like a wizard, like a NYC taxi driver! ?

DH was not nearly as impressed as he should have been.

Yes, well, we are duly impressed. You are truly amazing!! 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Junie said:

I just went to the search bar and typed in thyroid.  They were on the first or second page of results.

I thought we couldn't do that yet. :leaving:

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

??? Happy Birthday, Alex! ???

The first ITT baby.  :wub:

*That's* what's wrong with him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have no children. I have managed to water the garden, critique a chapter for a friend in great detail, ate a bowl of popcorn without having to share, done all the laundry and now I'm editing and singing along to the music in my ears without being told "You're making too much noise, Mom!"

I miss my kids. But I'll survive.:biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, whitehawk said:

[Picture waving smiley guy here.] Hi, ITT.

While he's gone during the week, I need to try out vegetable broth recipes to finally find a good one; mend three items; buy one thing at the mall; make four medical appointments, two of which will need to be during one specific week in August; hopefully schedule playdates with some public- and charter-school friends who will now be free on weekdays; clean the house; buy groceries; bake stuff to put in his lunch box the remaining days and put extras in the freezer; take care of church emails; get to the library and pet supply store; get the laundry and stuff done as usual; and get Father's Day gifts for DH and my dad. And post all my cookie cutters on my free stuff group. And ideally do some yard work. And read something. Oh, and buy festival tickets! But not.drink.coffee.

Okay, I'll get started. We like Terra Chips, so I'm going to try to make some beet and sweet potato chips. And I'll take a picture of the cookie cutters.

Done: mall, cookie cutters, plus a haircut, mending 2 items, veggie broth, baking, one playdate, 2 appointments.

How can Awix be two?? He was just recently going to be Hannah and/or Anna! Wasn't that, like, last month??

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Dh is working from home today.  I don't know why that makes me feel a bit inhibited.  It's not like I throw wild pantzless parties while he's gone!  And he's down in his dungeon office so I'm not even tripping over him. 

I feel the same way when DH is home. Like he's watching me and judging every little thing I do. He's not. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Dh is working from home today.  I don't know why that makes me feel a bit inhibited.  It's not like I throw wild pantzless parties while he's gone!  And he's down in his dungeon office so I'm not even tripping over him. 

You don’t throw wild pantzless parties?? Why not?? It’s time you start.

• Haha 4