Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, Paige said:

The disaster clean up crew came today and tossed all our ruined stuff...DH said they were taking our memories.? 

Insurance is covering it all but it’s a little sad to see them go out like that. 

I'm sorry, honey.

2 minutes ago, Paige said:

The disaster clean up crew came today and tossed all our ruined stuff...DH said they were taking our memories.? 

Insurance is covering it all but it’s a little sad to see them go out like that. 

I’m so sorry!!

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I think we'll take next week off. It will be our first week off ever not due to illness. John's academics have only recently become challenging so we've never had a need. We're going on vacation (hopefully) in September so that will be nice, too.

What do I do? We have to do memory work review and I wanted to keep reading habits, and Duolingo going. Do I have to do anything else?

What do you do?? You let them watch copious amounts of tv while you do all the chores you’ve been neglecting, drink lots of COFFEE~D and read a good book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I am listening to the rest of "A Man Called Ove" while crocheting dishcloth #3 (hoping that this one is the right size and more dense).  I figured out that I was up to about chapter 30. I've never listened to a book before that I can remember.  It's nice to be able to crochet while someone else reads to me.  :smile:

Our houseguest made it here.  He is such a nice guy. He's been "dating" dh's niece for, oh, must be 7 years now.  Niece's parents won't give their approval for them to get married.  I think they should elope, but I don't think niece has the nerve to do it.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

But I feel like a bad pastor's wife for not swallowing everything hook, line and sinker.  (Which really should not be the case, I know.  It must be some kind of social conditioning. . . ) 

You would be a bad pastor's wife if you did swallow everything hook, line, and sinker. [notice the use of the Oxford comma. I should get some kind of reward for that.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Paige)))

Insurance wouldn't pay for our damage.

We lost a few things -- my high school yearbooks, several years of Saxon, and some things that I guess weren't important because I can't remember what they were.  ?

We were very, very lucky with the way it all worked out. I don't know how we would have been able to get it fixed on our own! 

• Like 2

Good Morning!  Coffee!

Somehow I missed half a page of posts yesterday.  

(((Paige)))  I think you're amazing for enduring poison ivy this long without the shot.  I would have done something criminal by now, I'm sure.  So, if you want one more voice of encouragement to go to the Dr., I'm here for you. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Overslept this morning!!!  I woke up at 6:00 to a scolding mockingbird. I went to the bathroom, and then did something I shouldn’t have done.... crawled back in bed and pulled the comforter up.  I immediately fell back to sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel you. We had our first rattler encounter of the season yesterday. Luckily, the Rattlesnake Alert Team (AKA my dogs) found it before it crossed the fence into our yard. Once they set off the alarms, it decided to move on so I let it live. 

Once again, I feel that I would really enjoy more time out in nature if only there wasn't so much nature.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Good morning.

Ds' car is out of commission AGAIN.  I got up an hour earlier than usual this morning to drop dh off at work so that ds could have dh's car.  I need my car to drive into the Big City for a doctor's appointment today.  I will have to pick dh up from his work right during my usual dinner prep time so I'm not sure yet how I"m going to work out dinner.  There is the crockpot but I might not have time to get something in it in time for it to get cooked.  I am struggling a bit with my attitude towards ds and his vintage (ie. crap) cars that keep breaking down.  This might be highlighting an area where God needs to work in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am also not allergic to poison ivy.  (Though I wouldn't stick my hand in it just in case I start reacting!) 

I don't know if I am or not. I've never met it in the wilderness, to my knowledge.

• Like 1

I'm off today to see if the store-formerly-known-as-Kinko's can scan a cardboard picture frame; it's a group picture from a residential camp my daughter attended. The frame itself will fit on the 12x12 scrapbook page, but friends signed it on the back, and I'd like to copy that "page" and include it. But the frame is too wide for my flatbed scanner.

Also, I have my maternal grandparents' wedding certificate--not the marriage license, but the certificate that the church made for them. I never saw it in my grandmother's house (and I lived with her until I was 11); when my mother passed away, my sil sent me an envelope full of pictures and whatnot and the certificate was in there, all rolled up and now falling apart. Well, just two pieces.  Apparently, it was just not that important to either my grandmother or my mother. o_0 I want to take it to a shop that frames things like that, and I'm hoping they can also scan it (again, too big for my flatbed scanner).

And one of my cousins (his mother and mine were siblings) sent me an envelope full of papers that had come to them when our grandfather died (over 20 years ago. Why they've hung on to it this long is beyond me); it includes our grandfather's military DD214, certificates of discharge from both the Coast Guard and the Navy (I had no idea he had been in the Coast Guard), and a letter from the State of North Carolina appointing him as a game warden or something (I'd have to go look it up, but I'm not going to, because lazy).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I love nature but we have no venomous snakes and very rarely spiders in our part of the state.  We are having lots of black bear and bobcat sightings in our suburban neighborhood but so far I haven't seen any.  And they leave people alone but not garbage and not small pets. 

We have raccoons and opossums visiting out yard. Probably because we live close to the river. There are also occasionally coyotes and definitely hawks and owl. We have lots of black widow spiders.

• Like 1

I have done some things: brought ds13&dd15 to orchestra camp, took dds9&11 across the street to a park that has a giant mosaic sea serpent/dragon, shopped at Aldi, came home and put groceries away, chatted for a few minutes with houseguest before he had to leave, chatted with ds22 over his job interview, made strawberry-banana smoothies for lunch, and kicked my kids and the neighbor kids outside so I could have a minute's peace with ITT.  :wub:

1.  Ds22's job interview went well.  He had to analyze symphonic scores for errors and do some other "not your typical job interview" tasks that included research.

2.  Aldi has chocolate babka this week!  Go get some now!  Yes - Right Now!  Buy extras to save in the freezer.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

I told my kids it was quiet time, went to my room, and locked the door. Does that make me a bad mom?

Are you kidding me?? I do that all the time. My youngest hates it. She’ll pass me notes under the door. Once, she sent M&Ms.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5