Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Paige said:

I feel like it's some sort of weird boundary issue w/MIL because it says it's from the kids, but it's not from the kids, so now we have a banana holder that they had nothing to do with that has from them on it, that we can never get rid of. It'd be like if I got my mom a mug that says "Best Wife Ever! Love, Your Hubby."  My dad would probably think that was weird. 

I wonder if it was one of those automated gift things that you just insert the desired name into and Bob's your uncle...instant Father's Day gift!  At any rate, the bff of my 2nd cousin's sister-in-law's second husband once got one of those and it broke in, like, 2 days.  Could. Not. Be. Fixed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I wonder if it was one of those automated gift things that you just insert the desired name into and Bob's your uncle...instant Father's Day gift!  At any rate, the bff of my 2nd cousin's sister-in-law's second husband once got one of those and it broke in, like, 2 days.  Could. Not. Be. Fixed.

Pretty sure it was, but she was so ridiculously excited about it that we must keep it safe for a while. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Paige said:

Pretty sure it was, but she was so ridiculously excited about it that we must keep it safe for a while. 

Paige, some of us are really gift challenged. I bet she was so excited to find a “personalized “ gift. My mom has given me “as seen on tv” gifts. I had an aunt who gave us food bank cereal. (Though in her case it was all she could afford. ). 

• Like 2

New Girl has struck again, and dd11 and dd9 asked if they could not be allowed to play with her for a few days.  :biggrin:  Apparently New Girl wanted to ride the bike that dd9 was about to ride, and when dd9 said no, New Girl said she had to share and she was mean and selfish and etc.  So apparently she was riding her own bike and fell down and yelled that it was all dd9's fault and she was a horrible friend and etc.  Man that girl has a temper!  

I reminded my girls that she has probably learned for a long time that she can get what she wants by threatening people and "losing her temper", but WE don't negotiate with terrorists.  Be willing to walk away.  Also I reminded them that they are allowed to say "I'm sorry you are mad, but you can't treat my sister/other kid like that."  

JJM, we may need some help with duct tape skilz.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

New Girl has struck again, and dd11 and dd9 asked if they could not be allowed to play with her for a few days.  :biggrin:  Apparently New Girl wanted to ride the bike that dd9 was about to ride, and when dd9 said no, New Girl said she had to share and she was mean and selfish and etc.  So apparently she was riding her own bike and fell down and yelled that it was all dd9's fault and she was a horrible friend and etc.  Man that girl has a temper!  

I reminded my girls that she has probably learned for a long time that she can get what she wants by threatening people and "losing her temper", but WE don't negotiate with terrorists.  Be willing to walk away.  Also I reminded them that they are allowed to say "I'm sorry you are mad, but you can't treat my sister/other kid like that."  

JJM, we may need some help with duct tape skilz.

I'm so happy that they recognize that her treatment is not appropriate and are willing to not play with her for awhile.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

This is what normal people do at 5AM, right?

20180620_044813.jpg

No.  A normal person would be jamming on the ukulele.

35 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's Wednesday!!  I don't know the significance of that, but I'm sure it exists.

Help me remember to stop at the gas station, and to stop and pick up ds11's rug on our way to work this morning!

Stop for gas!  Get the rug!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good morning!

Some day I'm gonna arrange all our books by color.

The girls' fiddle camp has inspired me to learn the banjo.  Except I don't have a banjo.  And it seems very complicated.  Might have to go with mandolin and make dh learn the banjo.

I must pantz and

Coffee!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Some day I'm gonna arrange all our books by color.

The girls' fiddle camp has inspired me to learn the banjo.  Except I don't have a banjo.  And it seems very complicated.  Might have to go with mandolin and make dh learn the banjo.

I must pantz and

Coffee!

Ours were by color but it needs to be 100% perfect all of the time or it looks like poop. I'm doing categories now.

I have no idea what normal is anymore. I never had a handle on it as a kid, and at this point in my life I no longer care.:laugh: Slache organizes her shelves at five, and sometimes I organize my imagination at five and write a new story about it. This morning, though, I was asleep at five, until DH got up to go work on the crossing again. He said he was going to work to rest, but the weather update changed that. I don't know if he is hanging around all day, or going to work after he finishes paving the inlet.

I did the chores and sent my manuscript to the editor today. I feel like I'm at the top of the roller coaster, and fixing to drop off into space--excited, but nervous, and just a little sick at my stomach. But it's done. No going back now.

The young cat is fixated on the hummingbirds like a person three days into a low sugar diet would fixate on the display case at a bakery. She wants those little sugar snacks. Periodically she chatters and then yowls at me to catch her one for breakfast. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Critterfixer said:

I have no idea what normal is anymore. I never had a handle on it as a kid, and at this point in my life I no longer care.:laugh: Slache organizes her shelves at five, and sometimes I organize my imagination at five and write a new story about it. This morning, though, I was asleep at five, until DH got up to go work on the crossing again. He said he was going to work to rest, but the weather update changed that. I don't know if he is hanging around all day, or going to work after he finishes paving the inlet.

I did the chores and sent my manuscript to the editor today. I feel like I'm at the top of the roller coaster, and fixing to drop off into space--excited, but nervous, and just a little sick at my stomach. But it's done. No going back now.

The young cat is fixated on the hummingbirds like a person three days into a low sugar diet would fixate on the display case at a bakery. She wants those little sugar snacks. Periodically she chatters and then yowls at me to catch her one for breakfast. 

My cats do the exact same thing!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Wednesday!!

we are 40% done with VBS. Not that I’m keeping track or anything.? Actually, it’s going very well. The girls in my group are adorable.

Lunch today with IRL BFF. 

It’s supposed to be over 100 degrees today. I hate summer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Birds are tasty,

Birds are great,

Give us birdie,

On a plate!

9 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

I must learn to write poetry!

If you hang out with us long enough you will.?

4 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

It's fun.:biggrin:

Critter is the master!!?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I need to be drinking the second cup of tea and writing. But a purring cat is dancing under my chin and petting my face with her tail. I think she misses her kids.

Yes, but now you’re getting all the Love!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s supposed to be over 100 degrees today. I hate summer.

(((soul sister))))

My favorite weather is Seattle. But life never made it such that we could move there. We have to settle for visits. ::weeps::

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Yay for rain!

OMG!  I get a "booyah"

No. You're my friend so it's Booya.

#noh

11 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I actually like the look of color coded bookshelves, BUT the first and only person I saw do that was someone who I would NEVER want anything in my house or life to emulate.   

It helps with my visual processing issues. Until Matt puts something in the wrong spot and then I'm screwed.

• Like 4

I love summer! I love it hot! I love it steamy! I may not love it as much without air conditioning in my house, but I still love it.

When we lived in PA and had no air conditioning and it was rarely hot enough to need it, I was sad. That is not summer.

• Like 5