Menu

Ignore this thread!

I Costcoed. I hate that place.

Bookie, you are a good mom. Hang in there, honey!! You can make it through this!!

I do not have a capsule wardrobe. I just wear jeans everywhere.

I quit a Weight Watchers and am now eating everything in sight. I think I am having a midlife crisis.

I hate autocorrect. This morning it corrected “Tsuga†to Tsunami.

I finished “The Devil in the White City†and am seriously traumatized. It was a really good book, but creepy creepy creepy. And hard to believe it was all true.

You do have a capsule wardrobe. The base of yours just happens to be jeans.

• Like 2

MIL has been refusing to deal with this fraud thing, but now that he has applied for a visa and is going to Ghana :svengo: she's dealing with it. :glare: Matt and UIL have a really, really bad relationship or he would do it himself.

The base of mine are pajama pants. The rest of it are “dead people clothes “.

Themes are always nice.

It's an I'm going to Africa to donate *all* of my organs Booya.  :mellow:

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

He came to Dad's yesterday and we talked. I caved. We're home. It's probably a mistake to believe him, but maybe he is taking this seriously? I probably sound like a fool. Maybe I am one. Please don't hate me.

It is understandable that you are willing to do anything for your children and not want to leave unless there is no hope.

:grouphug:  It is my earnest desire that your hope is well-founded. I am skeptical but who knows? Mine left three separate times before I left... You give them chances, that is marriage.  :grouphug:  May he get his ish together...

• Like 5

MIL has been refusing to deal with this fraud thing, but now that he has applied for a visa and is going to Ghana :svengo: she's dealing with it. :glare: Matt and UIL have a really, really bad relationship or he would do it himself.

Themes are always nice.

It's an I'm going to Africa to donate *all* of my organs Booya.  :mellow:

I missed this... she really should not go to Ghana. To get money? She will not get anything! What a bad idea. She didn't send money there did she?

I jumped on trampolines. My knees are not happy. My old "violin shoulder injury" has been acting up all day and I can't lift anything with my left arm. :glare: I probably just slept on it weird. It will be better tomorrow.

It has been an emotionally trying day. I wish I had words of wisdom to give people or knew how to help people in a way that is actually helpful.

I had popcorn and ice cream for dinner.

• Like 7

I missed this... she really should not go to Ghana. To get money? She will not get anything! What a bad idea. She didn't send money there did she?

Uncle in law met a "woman" in Ghana 4 years ago online. He is in love and since she needs to be married to inherit $25,000,000 he's flying there to marry her. I assume the scam will not involve a flight, but the sending of copious amounts of money which will of course be paid back with the $25,000,000. He has already sent I believe $8,000 which he obtained through a loan. My husband found proof that it's a scam online but MIL, uncle's sister, won't deal with it because she's "busy". Some have flown out to Ghana and none have returned.

• Like 1

Biopsies came back and nephew’s friend is cancer-free! :hurray:

He may not ever know y’all were rooting for him, but thank you!

ETA: He still has a long road to recovery from the surgery, though.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 15

Must. Go. Bed. So. Tired. 

This is my long weekend--up before dawn and home well after dark today and tomorrow, so I may just drop in on Saturday or wait until Sunday afternoon. Got another rejection today from another agent, but it was seriously the nicest form rejection I've had yet. Just the standard "not-right-for-me" thing, but followed with encouragement to continue querying until the right agent is found. I take those all to heart because I'd rather trust the sentiments are real and keep going.

:grouphug: Bookie. Hold him to his promises, and have a contingency plan in case as others have suggested. 

• Like 8

I may have a parenting win, though it's a bit early to be patting myself on the back.

I have been trying for a very, very long time to get ds12 to stop getting on ds7 for Every.Little Thing that big brother happens to find irritating. Ds12 is constantly criticizing, correcting, and yelling at ds7.

I have been 100% unsuccessful.

A couple of days ago I was talking to ds12 about the issue yet again and I had an idea. I told ds12 I would buy a big bag of mini candy bars and put it in my closet. Every time ds12 felt irritated by ds7 and stopped himself from saying or doing something negative to him he can go get himself a candy bar.

I don't think I've heard a single negative interaction between the two of them in the past 24+ hours.

I sure hope it continues. I will happily supply ds12 with candy bars for the duration if it solves the relationship problem between these two.

Edited by maize
  • Like 10

We had carnitas tonight. But i’m Not sure if they are Tex-Mex or Cali-Mex or if I am culturally appropriating or if I made them inauthentically because I seasoned them with plenty of garlic and some cumin, and apparently cumin isn’t authentic, but I like it. But we did have them on corn tortillas. With guacamole. And cheddar cheese.

• Like 7

Uncle in law met a "woman" in Ghana 4 years ago online. He is in love and since she needs to be married to inherit $25,000,000 he's flying there to marry her. I assume the scam will not involve a flight, but the sending of copious amounts of money which will of course be paid back with the $25,000,000. He has already sent I believe $8,000 which he obtained through a loan. My husband found proof that it's a scam online but MIL, uncle's sister, won't deal with it because she's "busy". Some have flown out to Ghana and none have returned.

Not like but... urrrrgh. Okay. So she has to go after him. I am so sorry. They're in my thoughts. Ghana is not the worst African country to be in, by far. Very nice all things considered. But the people who run these scams are very bad people. Obviously.

• Like 1

We had carnitas tonight. But i’m Not sure if they are Tex-Mex or Cali-Mex or if I am culturally appropriating or if I made them inauthentically because I seasoned them with plenty of garlic and some cumin, and apparently cumin isn’t authentic, but I like it. But we did have them on corn tortillas. With guacamole. And cheddar cheese.

So, I am in charge of the multicultural night at my kids schools. And what I say is, culture is about real people. And one of the most human things you can do is adapt and innovate. So if you brought chicken nuggets tonight, thank you, because you adapted and you shared, and that's what it means to be human.

And if you brought something passed down for generations, thank you because you adapted to our grocery stores, so thank you.

And if you brought something and you don't know if it's "real", it is real right here, right now, in the US, because we value people and we value you, who are doing your best. Culture is about sharing so as long as you are doing what you are doing out of love I don't believe it is "appropriating".

Now, if you made money off it without giving credit? That's different. But when you cook for your family I don't think there is such a thing as inauthentic.

• Like 7

So, I am in charge of the multicultural night at my kids schools. And what I say is, culture is about real people. And one of the most human things you can do is adapt and innovate. So if you brought chicken nuggets tonight, thank you, because you adapted and you shared, and that's what it means to be human.

And if you brought something passed down for generations, thank you because you adapted to our grocery stores, so thank you.

And if you brought something and you don't know if it's "real", it is real right here, right now, in the US, because we value people and we value you, who are doing your best. Culture is about sharing so as long as you are doing what you are doing out of love I don't believe it is "appropriating".

Now, if you made money off it without giving credit? That's different. But when you cook for your family I don't think there is such a thing as inauthentic.

I understand the idea behind the whole “cultural appropriation†thing (sort of) but with food.... this what people have been doing in America since they came across the pond. Cultures bring their food with them and they adapt them to the ingredients available and as they assimilate and invite their neighbors and friends over and recipes get shared and changed.....
  • Like 6

Sort of--appropriation is taking, though. I don't think it's taking if you are learning from someone. It's taking if it's patented, or sold. To me cultural appropriation thing is very real, but using that term to apply to what all humans around the world do kind of waters it down. Sharing is not stealing. Lots of people want to share their recipes.

What is super insulting is if you try to get some kind of credibility or profit from it. Then it's like, a real problem. Like anoraks, kayaks, or Mexi-fries. (Disclaimer: I love mexi-fries at Taco-Time.)

• Like 2

(((Bookie))) . You're doing an amazing job navigating all this.  Praying.

And hugs and pantz to all others who need 'em.  I'm a failed ITT'er lately!  But ketchupping as best as I can.  All good here... I just said yes to too many things. 

On a positive, ds3 is making some headway now with that potty-training thing.  His currency turned out to to be sticker-books, not chocolate.  He gets one "stickudoodle"  (his word for sticker-book; I have no idea why but it's cute and reminds me of cookies so we are running with it) each time he does a number 2.  Even buying the cheapest little Dover books I can find, this is costing a small fortune.  I will remind him of it when he asks for an allowance in ten years.  

• Like 10

Oh!  Also.  I have a capsule wardrobe.  It's called 26 inches of rod in my closet, plus a 16 inch shelf and two narrow underwear drawers.  

I have to fit all 4 New England seasons in those*, so I was a minimalist before capsuling was a thing.  I will say that learning to think like a capsuler (is that a word?) has been helpful, though.  I'm getting a lot more mileage out of my choices.

*Well, I could store out of season clothing in the *&^%# crawlspace, but since the weather changes every five minutes here that's almost pointless. Besides, the crawlspace is *&^%#.  

• Like 5

Morning!

My littles are up and so am I.

Planning to paint my garage today--we're in the process of turning it into a gym room for the kids. We hired out most of the work--neither Dh nor I have much in the way of handyman skills--but painting I can manage.

• Like 6

(((Bookie))) . You're doing an amazing job navigating all this. Praying.

And hugs and pantz to all others who need 'em. I'm a failed ITT'er lately! But ketchupping as best as I can. All good here... I just said yes to too many things.

On a positive, ds3 is making some headway now with that potty-training thing. His currency turned out to to be sticker-books, not chocolate. He gets one "stickudoodle" (his word for sticker-book; I have no idea why but it's cute and reminds me of cookies so we are running with it) each time he does a number 2. Even buying the cheapest little Dover books I can find, this is costing a small fortune. I will remind him of it when he asks for an allowance in ten years.

Stickudoodle

:001_wub:

• Like 1

I was awake from 2:30-6:30.

You're a good mom.

What do I do if my only pair of pants has holes in the upper thighs and I don't look good in anything between November and March?

Leggings under massively fashion-slashed pants is a current trend, iirc.  Go for that layered look.

• Like 4

I Costcoed. I hate that place.

Bookie, you are a good mom. Hang in there, honey!! You can make it through this!!

I do not have a capsule wardrobe. I just wear jeans everywhere.

I quit a Weight Watchers and am now eating everything in sight. I think I am having a midlife crisis.

I hate autocorrect. This morning it corrected “Tsuga†to Tsunami.

I finished “The Devil in the White City†and am seriously traumatized. It was a really good book, but creepy creepy creepy. And hard to believe it was all true.

I like "Tsunami"!

• Like 5

Happy Saturday!

Dh is at a meeting all morning, and Ds10 is at a matinee bday party, and all the others are "playing" birthday party (which means dd8 organized several games and crafts and has now started a movie.)

My own goal is to clean up the basement during the movie, because then the entire house will have been deep-cleaned in the past two weeks. 

If I get really wild, I might finish the laundry, too.

Then I can say that All The Things Are Done!  

ETA:  Well, except those lingering items on my siggy to-do list....   :leaving:

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 8

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Saturday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I see there was no overnight chatter on ITT, so this must mean our insomniacs are getting some sleep!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🛌🛌🛌

Not much on the docket today.

• Like 6

Good Saturday morning!! I'm enjoying my new coffee. I'm debating. Get some stuff done this morning amd be lazy the rest of the day or be lazy most of the day and get stuff sone this evening?

To do:

Prepare Sunday school lesson

Clean a little

Scoop kitty litter

Mix a salad and make a pie for church

One laundry load

Maybe a bit more

Good morning!

Yesterday I felt like carp, so I sat on the sofa to read and napped most of the day away.

Today I feel much better, but it is rainy.  Tomorrow DH and I will go over to Dad's place.

I'm not sure what I will do today.  So much beckons....

Okay, I sorted out some stuff.  Stuff not going to Dad's shifted to other areas.  Stuff going to Dad's now in the staging area.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 5

Glad you're feeling better! So much beckons all.the.time!!

I have also drafted a grocery list.  I pulled out my copy of the Fresh20 cookbook and am getting some inclination going again to cook.  I might grab some of today for cooking, once I get back from the grocery store.

• Like 3

I ended up st least starting. Laundry is in the washer, Rosie is doing her thing, kitty litter has been scooped and bathroom swept, pie is baking, shoes and floor stuff picked up, and I have dye on my hair. I'm drinking my second cuppa while the timer ticks.

:hurray:  :hurray:   Good for you!

• Like 1

I've had my coffee and helped dd9 do a thorough cleaning of the rat cage and helped her attempt to give the rats a bath which did not go well and did rat bedding laundry and put in the new bedding and searched for ideas for outdoor plant stands that can be made from things around the house and put away some stuff in the pantry and now I'm ready for more coffee. Still raining. The creek is quite high already and it's supposed to rain until tomorrow.

• Like 3

Gah.  College Buddy showed up and I was still in my bathrobe.  He's like family but. . .    So I hid in the bathroom until they left.  I thought.  But I was cooking myself my breakfast and College Buddy came in to talk to me!  (We both pretended that I wasn't in my robe.  And I don't think that anyone has been irreparably harmed but  :svengo: 

• Like 9

SIL called wanting to discuss a new Asian Nursing Home that is opening up nearby and whether it would be a good fit for ILs.  Dh and I are going to go to the Open House there later today to check it out.

Then Dh called wanting me to pick him up in the next city over so I had to fling clothes out and rush out the door.  When rushing out the door I stepped in a pile of Libby poop.   I never did get a shower but I think I will now and will hope that that resets my day. 

• Like 7

SIL called wanting to discuss a new Asian Nursing Home that is opening up nearby and whether it would be a good fit for ILs.  Dh and I are going to go to the Open House there later today to check it out.

Then Dh called wanting me to pick him up in the next city over so I had to fling clothes out and rush out the door.  When rushing out the door I stepped in a pile of Libby poop.   I never did get a shower but I think I will now and will hope that that resets my day. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

DD16 here wants a restart to her day, too, I think.  She took the coned cat outside for supervised outside time and then got sucked into her own electronics entertainment and forgot to watch the cat.  We just had the entire family hunting for the cat, who finally took pity on us and came out of the empty lot across the street.  DD16 got to bring the cat back in (she was closest), which did help how she felt about slipping up.  Now the cat is petitioning DD16 specifically to take her back outside, but DD16 has decided to work on Geometry with her Dad.

Outside rules for the cat:  backyard only with supervision, and she is not to leave the protection of our backyard.  These rules stand until her paws no longer bother her (hopefully by the time we finish her antibiotics) and we can take the cone off.

• Like 2