Menu

Ignore this thread!

We have a really weird cat.  (All our animals are weird, actually.)   Anyway, he absolutely adores the dishwasher.  He will go and sit on it and look at me until I get a move on to unload it and then load it again.  If it's closed, I can open it a little bit and he will pull down the door the rest of the way.  (Super cute).  He doesn't get anything out of this.  He doesn't lick any of the dirty dishes or anything.  I suppose he does get delicious smells?  And he does get praise for being such a tremendous "dishwasher cat". 

• Like 5

We have a really weird cat.  (All our animals are weird, actually.)   Anyway, he absolutely adores the dishwasher.  He will go and sit on it and look at me until I get a move on to unload it and then load it again.  If it's closed, I can open it a little bit and he will pull down the door the rest of the way.  (Super cute).  He doesn't get anything out of this.  He doesn't lick any of the dirty dishes or anything.  I suppose he does get delicious smells?  And he does get praise for being such a tremendous "dishwasher cat". 

He's helping!

• Like 3

DH has a 3D print job running.  He just checked on it -- it is due to finish 96 hours from now.

:svengo:

It's a good thing he built that box around it.  The noise would have me contemplating dire action were it not for that box.  Of course, had he not built that box the whole contraption would be out in the garage....

He even set up a web cam inside so he can see the progress on his computer without opening the box.   :001_wub:

• Like 3

I just spent too much money on Great Courses, all "for DD16" (much to her irritation once she finds out, I'm sure).  The Great Courses is having a DVD sale, so I bought some biology and botany lecture series I had been eyeballing.

This is what happens when such a sale coincides with me wanting to reboot our studies and not having had enough time to figure out how.  Y'all should really buy stock in TGC -- they are addictive and still legal....

• Like 3

I feel like I have been doing stuff all day and have done absolutely nothing. I am making double dinner in case the neighbor boys eat dinner here - they've been here most of the day since the police picked up their dad who will hopefully be in jail for a good long while.

It is still raining but the creek hasn't gotten any higher. The ground is very squishy.

• Like 2

I feel like I have been doing stuff all day and have done absolutely nothing. I am making double dinner in case the neighbor boys eat dinner here - they've been here most of the day since the police picked up their dad who will hopefully be in jail for a good long while.

It is still raining but the creek hasn't gotten any higher. The ground is very squishy.

You’re a good mom!! And a good Neighbor Mom!!!

Can we have some of your rain??

• Like 3

I just spent too much money on Great Courses, all "for DD16" (much to her irritation once she finds out, I'm sure).  The Great Courses is having a DVD sale, so I bought some biology and botany lecture series I had been eyeballing.

This is what happens when such a sale coincides with me wanting to reboot our studies and not having had enough time to figure out how.  Y'all should really buy stock in TGC -- they are addictive and still legal....

Well, but purchasing the curriculum counts as credit for the class. I'm sure of it. I read it on the internet. :mellow:

• Like 3

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hope everything goes smoothly and the water doesn't rise higher.

• Like 1

My cat is weird. She comes when I call her. She thinks she's a dog.

My cat used to come when I called. Then he decided to try to kill me.

I took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill.  Alone.  In the rain.

:)

You deserve gluten free cookies- good ones. 

• Like 4

I drove home. Alone. In the dark. In the fog. :svengo:

Not looking forward to driving again. In the morning. In the fog. Time for bed so that I can be rested for my day as Hemingway. On my way home, I got stopped behind an accident. An SUV evidently hydroplaned, took out a tree and flipped completely upside down in the roadway. Very scary.

• Like 5

How do you do this?  Is it easy?  Sheetpan sounds like it should be easy.  Tell me how.

Chop stuff up into similar sized pieces. Put on foil-lined sheet pan. Drizzle on oil and seasonings of choice. Toss it all around with your hands so that everything is coated. Put in 375 oven until everything is cooked (which will depend upon the density of your chosen protein and veggies. AMJs choice of sausages (probably cooked already) will be nice and quick. You could always nuke dense things like  potatoes and carrots partway, to make sure that everything cooks evenly.

• Like 3

How was it?

Very fancy. They actually had police there to make sure that no one walked off with art work or knick knacks. They also had tons of tasty Chinese snacks that I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t even eat the popcorn because they mixed breaded popcorn shrimp in there! Nice facility. Expensive. We’re getting pricing information to see if it is even an option for the ILs.

• Like 4

Argh!

Apparently the course I was contemplating (War in World History or something along those lines) is on sale too - instead of $519, it's now $59. So far nobody has talked me out of it in my thread about it on the Logic Stage board... just 2 people saying they don't know that course but that maybe I should watch it because their middle schooler wouldn't have gotten much out of GC yet. I have very little interest in the history of war though, and Celery does enjoy watching GC, so, yeah. I'm sure he'd get more out of it if he were older, but, that doesn't mean he won't get much out of it. 

So, it's sitting in the cart, while I'm wondering what the odds are that either Amazon's channel or GCPlus will add it to their collection in a reasonable amount of time. 

• Like 2

How do you do this?  Is it easy?  Sheetpan sounds like it should be easy.  Tell me how.

Pick a protein and some sides that could be roasted in the oven.  Google "sheetpan" and your chosen foods to see what others have been using for time and temp.  I did cut potatoes into large bite-size pieces, added some cauliflower I had that needed using, roasted those about 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then added cut up chunks of sausage and a small foil tray of sauerkraut and cooked the lot another 5 or 10 minutes, just until the sausage (precooked) was heated through.

Tossing the various ingredients in some oil and herbs/seasonings before roasting them helps.  Less sticking, better browning.

• Like 2

I drove home. Alone. In the dark. In the fog. :svengo:

Not looking forward to driving again. In the morning. In the fog. Time for bed so that I can be rested for my day as Hemingway. On my way home, I got stopped behind an accident. An SUV evidently hydroplaned, took out a tree and flipped completely upside down in the roadway. Very scary.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Glad you are safe.  I hope no one was seriously hurt.

• Like 2

We had our Plantation Dinner. It tasted good, but I was ticked and let everyone know it. The kid who had been requesting it was gone all day and offered no help and when I asked him to at least set the table agreed to do so, but grudgingly. I am just feeling incredibly put upon lately and probably wrecked the entire dinner. But it was yummy - ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and stewed apples with cream for dessert, which was entirely delicious.

• Like 5

I do solemnly swear that I will not go check out TGC DVD sale. ðŸ“

The only reason I did was because I had kept that particular course's tab open with the intent to check periodically for sales. Probably wouldn't have noticed this sale if AMJ hadn't brought it up though. I did a great job of ignoring all the rest. 

• Like 3

Ds is racing his old sports-car on an actual race track tomorrow. College Buddy will be his pit crew.

College Buddy’s mom must be a real helicopter parent. He keeps reassuring me about stuff that I was never worried about to begin with. I wonder if I should worry more? Naw. I’m good.

An overly relaxed booyah.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

I'm still up, watching the Olympics.

Wonder if we will really get the ice that is called for.

I need to visit the facilities, but there's a cat on me.

We watched some of the Olympics today. That ski jumping got me dizzy. The speed skating was good, and I enjoyed the figure skating.
  • Like 1

Good morning!

Lynn, if we blow real hard, maybe we can blow these rainclouds over to CA! 💨

Wally turned himself on at 2:30 this morning for some reason, so I had to chase him down and put him back to bed. And then I couldn't sleep because I kept hearing cars drive around and worried that it was our neighbor out on bail. I wonder if we can rig up Wally to be a guard botvac? Attach a bazooka and laser glare?

I'm staying home this morning. Dh is bringing the kids to church. I have to go in later for a nursery workers meeting and then the kids have a children's choir concert this afternoon. The rain is supposed to stop soon.

Coffee!

• Like 4

We had our Plantation Dinner. It tasted good, but I was ticked and let everyone know it. The kid who had been requesting it was gone all day and offered no help and when I asked him to at least set the table agreed to do so, but grudgingly. I am just feeling incredibly put upon lately and probably wrecked the entire dinner. But it was yummy - ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and stewed apples with cream for dessert, which was entirely delicious.

I like that you had a good, tasty dinner, and I approve of letting your displeasure known.  Sometimes people need reminding that Mom (or whoever) doesn't just have a button they push to make these things magically appear.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Baked oatmeal for breakfast ðŸ‘👠and then churchðŸ‘⛪ï¸â›ªï¸ðŸ’•ðŸ’•.

Thank you ladies for doing your part to ease California’s drought. Your efforts are much appreciated.

• Like 4