Menu

Ignore this thread!

If you would all be so inclined as to keep this friend of the family in your thoughts, my sister just posted:

Just found out that [NP] is having surgery on Friday to remove a tumor from his pancreas 😢 it’s very risky with a long recovery. This is the kid that [nephew] played with every day we lived in PA.

He’s 19, just started college, is an only child - mom’s miracle baby. 😢

Praying for all of them.

• Like 2

So... do you think that I can lose 50 pounds or more by Wednesday for when I meet SWB and others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!

Willpower can accomplish anything!

You've just got to repeat: "I think I can I think I can I think I can" from now until Wednesday.

• Like 5

We saw on the news that there is going to be a movie about Mr. Rogers.  My older kids wanted to know what the show was like, so I pulled up a couple of videos.

I think that I have found a new punishment that I can threaten them with.   He has episodes on sharing and caring...  I wonder if he has an episode on doing the dishes.  Or sweeping the floor.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 8

I forgot about feeding ds10 tonight!

I did worse than that--I forgot to pick up my seven year old from school today.

We were getting ready to go to dance class and I suddenly realized he wasn't home.

50 minutes after school got out.

Fortunately he remembered what I told him about if I don't show up for a long time and the other kids are all gone he should go to the school office.

He was there waiting for me.

• Like 7

I kind of want to start a 7th grade planning thread, but I should probably hold off til...March? 🤓

I read this and actually had to think for a moment about whether I will have a 7th grader next year.  Yes.  Yes, I will.

ETA:  Booyah!  Hooray for 7th Grade!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Dd11 took a long time to learn to read.  She's still behind in most subjects, but she's progressing fine so I'm not worried.  And she reads quite a bit now, although not as much as some of my other kids.  

I'm not worried about it.  I have three high schoolers at the moment and high school doesn't really look the same for any of them.

• Like 6

We saw on the news that there is going to be a movie about Mr. Rogers.  My older kids wanted to know what the show was like, so I pulled up a couple of videos.

I think that I have found a new punishment that I can threaten them with.   He has episodes on sharing and caring...  I wonder if he has an episode on doing the dishes.  Or sweeping the floor.

He probably does. Amazon has over 100 episodes, I think. We watch at least one almost every morning during breakfast.

• Like 2

My favorite recipe using bone broth:

4cups bone broth

1 can coconut milk

1 cup cooked chicken, cut up

1T minced ginger

3 cloves minced garlic

1T lemon juice

1T brown sugar

1 t basil

Salt to taste, red pepper flakes to taste

1 cup cooked rice (optional)

Yummy!

I just had the strangest telemarketer?  scammer?  call.  This young man with a very thick accent called.  He asked me how I was .  (Fine)  He said something that I couldn't figure out about trash bags.  Was he selling them?  I'm not sure.  But he didn't ask me if I wanted any.  Instead, he asked me about the weather.  I responded that I really didn't have time to chat.  He got huffy and hung up!

You should have shared your bone broth recipe!

I bet y’all are off edumacating your children or something...

Nope.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/HuIPGDSavPpeqFXL/s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com

This works for me. Does it work for anyone else?

:lol:

So... do you think that I can lose 50 pounds or more by Wednesday for when I meet SWB and others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get to meet our honorary BFF? Lucky!

• Like 5

I'm so tired. This morning we went to the bank, the gas station, and the orthodontist and then straight from there to dd19's school. It's a 4-hour drive (round trip) and I sure wish the van had cruise control. Got back home just in time to throw some things together and leave with the Youngers for music lessons and children's choir. Got home, ate soup, ordered some things, figured out why Wall-E didn't run on schedule, got Wall-E started, made some song lyric sheets and chord charts for Friday's Old Lady Party, lost my phone, decided I didn't care, and came to bed.

I am thinking that ds13's cello teacher only has him play romantic-era pieces that she remembers playing and really likes (Faure, Debussy, Schumann, Saint-Saens). All of which are too difficult for him, but that does not concern her. Sigh. Only a few more weeks.

Good night.

• Like 6

Now I had to think about 2nd grade.  Dd7 is in 2nd grade now... and I have no future 2nd grade students.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I know how you feel. After this year I'm getting rid of my first grade books. Last year was the last year I was going to use SOTW1. But... I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. I loved that book. So  many memories. The Chicken Mummy.  And then this year, in SOTW2  the lesson where we burn down London. My boys loved that. We had this huge fire in the backyard. Haven't gotten there yet (we're a little behind). 

• Like 2

Oh my word. I'm reading more about this class action against MVD, and one of the people who can't get a driver's license (not even a REAL ID issue), is our former mayor. They've turned down all his documentation, including his passport. This is unreal.

• Like 4

I know how you feel. After this year I'm getting rid of my first grade books. Last year was the last year I was going to use SOTW1. But... I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. I loved that book. So many memories. The Chicken Mummy. And then this year, in SOTW2 the lesson where we burn down London. My boys loved that. We had this huge fire in the backyard. Haven't gotten there yet (we're a little behind).

We didn’t make a chicken mummy or burn down London. I started to feel like a failure for a minute, until I remembered Harry (our skull friend) and dissections (stabbing a heart with a sharp object) and failed steamboats. I guess we’ve got our own memories. :LOL:
  • Like 8

Oh my word. I'm reading more about this class action against MVD, and one of the people who can't get a driver's license (not even a REAL ID issue), is our former mayor. They've turned down all his documentation, including his passport. This is unreal.

No words. No words. How can they do that to people? At first I was reading your stuff thinking, that is so funny, Renai always comes off so reasonably well organized and professional online. What could possibly make them doubt her documentatioN?

But they turned down the MAYOR with a PASSPORT. Holy cow.

Jean... was he selling storage space? That is my guess based on my knowledge of the accent where spammer telebanks are located.

• Like 1