Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm supposed to get with my boss to find out his goals for me so I can create my goals. (In other words, they want us to be engaged in our own goals, but they should be the goals that are dictated to us even though we are supposed to feel like they are our own. :glare: )  Fine. I went to my boss, who said he doesn't even know what his goals for the department are, so he has no idea what my goals should be.  So I threw out a few goals and he said, "Perfect!"  LOL  SMH 

• Like 8

I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back about when I can go into the dr. office today.  How much you wanna bet it's right in the middle of the violin lesson-run to CC to pick up kids and deliver them time?  I guess it's not their fault I'm busy from 1pm until bed.  

Yep, I opted for first thing tomorrow morning instead.  Now, to drink more water...  Ha!  I'll have to hydrate all day long.   :laugh:

• Like 2

I'm supposed to get with my boss to find out his goals for me so I can create my goals. (In other words, they want us to be engaged in our own goals, but they should be the goals that are dictated to us even though we are supposed to feel like they are our own. :glare: )  Fine. I went to my boss, who said he doesn't even know what his goals for the department are, so he has no idea what my goals should be.  So I threw out a few goals and he said, "Perfect!"  LOL  SMH 

Maybe you should be the boss and you can tell him your goals for him.   :hat:

• Like 4

Maybe you should be the boss and you can tell him your goals for him.   :hat:

But then I would have to *gasp*... work.  No thanks!  :LOL:

Actually, he just has a lot going on.  I was competing with some news he just learned that no one communicated to him back in October when it happened - so he was a little preoccupied.  Information he very much should have been informed about.  But still.  I need to have a pretty plan on paper.  Give me something.  Or give me a raise.  Yes! - I'd rather have that.  I'm going to schedule another meeting. :gnorsi:

• Like 4

But then I would have to *gasp*... work.  No thanks!  :lol:

Actually, he just has a lot going on.  I was competing with some news he just learned that no one communicated to him back in October when it happened - so he was a little preoccupied.  Information he very much should have been informed about.  But still.  I need to have a pretty plan on paper.  Give me something.  Or give me a raise.  Yes! - I'd rather have that.  I'm going to schedule another meeting. :gnorsi:

You should definitely amend your goals to include a raise!   :iagree:

• Like 5

Goals for ikslo:

1. Work from home more.

2. Finish early when at the office.

3. Get a raise.

What could anyone even do with your affiliate link?

If people sign up I get a percentage. I also have an Amazon affiliate link on my blog, so if you click on a curriculum from my blog that takes you to Amazon and you buy it I get a percentage. I would be a beach body coach for the same reason but then I couldn't say bad things about their programs.
  • Like 4

It's a marathon, not a sprint! :) It might encourage you to know that my kids didn't start playing their instruments until they were 9/10 years old. 8yo for my youngest - so gymnast has a head start on all of them. And there is so much wonderful music in between! 🎶🎻🎶

That encourages me!!! Mine have been in music since basically pre-school (gentle recorder in a group). It has been quite a blog in a way, though they both compose simple ditties and play well. But the eight year old is in book 1 for four years. We took a break to learn by ear. Now she just needs to be able to read the songs. She can, she just won't practice much so it is slow. But I am hoping a dedicated foundation will help her bloom.

• Like 1

All right, I guess I won’t be seeing Elton John. Tickets are $250.😱😱😩😩

They’re giving away a pair a day this week on my radio station. I tried calling this morning at the signal, but couldn’t get through. Will try again tomorrow. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

To be sung to the tune of “The Thrill is Goneâ€

The pain ain’t gone

The pain ain’t gone away

The pain ain’t gone

You know it does me wrong , baby

And I’ll be glad someday when the pain is gone.

After all this talk about bone broth, I forgot to drink mine last night. It’s on the list today.

Today is a Dory day. “Just keep swimming “. [emoji225]

And I am still going to make my step goal. Cuz I’m more stubborn than smart. And I know no other way to maintain the progress I have than to keep pushing. (I tried the “listen to your body “ routine and my body lies. ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

We're starting our third Whole 30 on Saturday March 17th. Matt wants to go to Sushi Town on his birthday right before so this will give us time to finish up some stuff around the house as we need to start depleting our food stuffs before the move.

We don't make the kids do it but they're pretty close by default during the season aside from peanut butter and corn tortillas.

• Like 1

To be sung to the tune of “The Thrill is Goneâ€

The pain ain’t gone

The pain ain’t gone away

The pain ain’t gone

You know it does me wrong , baby

And I’ll be glad someday when the pain is gone.

After all this talk about bone broth, I forgot to drink mine last night. It’s on the list today.

Today is a Dory day. “Just keep swimming “. [emoji225]

And I am still going to make my step goal. Cuz I’m more stubborn than smart. And I know no other way to maintain the progress I have than to keep pushing. (I tried the “listen to your body “ routine and my body lies. ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have chronic pain or illness and I can't listen to my body either.

• Like 2

I just had the strangest telemarketer?  scammer?  call.  This young man with a very thick accent called.  He asked me how I was .  (Fine)  He said something that I couldn't figure out about trash bags.  Was he selling them?  I'm not sure.  But he didn't ask me if I wanted any.  Instead, he asked me about the weather.  I responded that I really didn't have time to chat.  He got huffy and hung up! 

• Like 1

I am beyond annoyed at dd.  It is after 12.  She has done zero school.  Zero.  Instead she's been working on our kitchen remodel design.  Which I'm thrilled that she wants to take over because I don't have the time.  But isn't it obvious that that is something to work on after school is done?

Plus - I was planning this week's Anatomy and physiology and I realized that dd never did last week's lab.  Just didn't do it. 

Be.yond   an.noy.ed 

• Like 3

I just had the strangest telemarketer?  scammer?  call.  This young man with a very thick accent called.  He asked me how I was .  (Fine)  He said something that I couldn't figure out about trash bags.  Was he selling them?  I'm not sure.  But he didn't ask me if I wanted any.  Instead, he asked me about the weather.  I responded that I really didn't have time to chat.  He got huffy and hung up! 

Maybe it was a wrong number and he thought you were his sister/friend/girl friend and he had a question about trash bags and the weather and now he thinks she doesn't want to talk to him.   :laugh:

• Like 5

He asked for me by my public name.  (Ie. the name that telemarketers and strangers use.)

Oh well, so much for my theory.  That's a weird strategy.

Tomorrow is MIL's birthday.

It has been almost four months since she passed away. I want to have a birthday party for her with the kids.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

So. The short person got mail from CalTech today. My high school science teacher went there, so I told her that the only thing I knew was that there were a whole lotta pranks going on. So she looked at the website. Under "student life," they have a whole page dedicated to "Traditions and Pranks."

I think she's in love. :laugh:

(Check out the "MIT Transfer Application Form" delivered to the MIT Admissions Office:  https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/admissions-prod-storage.cloud.caltech.edu/people_personal_assets/MIT_transfer_app.jpg

Poop. Link doesn't work.

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 5

If you would all be so inclined as to keep this friend of the family in your thoughts, my sister just posted:

Just found out that [NP] is having surgery on Friday to remove a tumor from his pancreas 😢 it’s very risky with a long recovery. This is the kid that [nephew] played with every day we lived in PA.

He’s 19, just started college, is an only child - mom’s miracle baby. 😢

• Like 5

Truth of the day:

Just because someone says a thing, it doesn't make that thing true. Especially when it's not.

Amen!!

And the Corrolary to that is....â€Just because you want some thing to be true, doesn’t mean it is. Especially when it’s not!â€

And this is a “Stop Forcing Your Delusione on Meâ€Booya/h!!!

With a COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Chaser!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

If you would all be so inclined as to keep this friend of the family in your thoughts, my sister just posted:

Just found out that [NP] is having surgery on Friday to remove a tumor from his pancreas 😢 it’s very risky with a long recovery. This is the kid that [nephew] played with every day we lived in PA.

Praying. 💓

• Like 2

Just got back from errands.

Bank - check

Grocery store - check.  (We're having spaghetti.  BTW - how do you cook squash spirals?  I picked some up for those of who can't handle pasta.)

Butcher - check.  I got three fresh long beef bones for science.  They cut one of them lengthwise for me.  And the guy didn't scoff or look at me like I was some kind of alien or something.  It cost a bit more than I was expecting but not as much as I would pay to outsource science to someone who would supply their own bones. 

• Like 4

Praying.

• Like 1

Just got back from errands.

Bank - check

Grocery store - check. (We're having spaghetti. BTW - how do you cook squash spirals? I picked some up for those of who can't handle pasta.)

Butcher - check. I got three fresh long beef bones for science. They cut one of them lengthwise for me. And the guy didn't scoff or look at me like I was some kind of alien or something. It cost a bit more than I was expecting but not as much as I would pay to outsource science to someone who would supply their own bones.

I think butchers are used to weird requests.

***********************************do not read the following if you are squeamish or if thinking about human remains bothers you**********************************

When I was in the air force I was in the career field that, among other things, dealt with search and recovery after a plane crash.

We used to buy entrails from the butcher for our practice exercises

And scatter them around the ground. To mark with flag pins.

Cause that's how you search for human remains after a crash.

Fortunately I never had to do a real search.

• Like 4

I think butchers are used to weird requests.

***********************************do not read the following if you are squeamish or if thinking about human remains bothers you**********************************

When I was in the air force I was in the career field that, among other things, dealt with search and recovery after a plane crash.

We used to buy entrails from the butcher for our practice exercises

And scatter them around the ground. To mark with flag pins.

Cause that's how you search for human remains after a crash.

Fortunately I never had to do a real search.

Wow. That sounds so much more interesting than serving beer to middle aged men on the prowl or auditing people for dumb documentation errors.

• Like 4