• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Recipe?

It's actually a basic white bread recipe with 1/2 tsp. crush anise seed and 1/2 tsp. crushed fennel. I shaped a round loaf on a cookie sheet and baked it, rather than put it in a loaf pan.  It's really good when it's still fairly warm out of the oven and you put butter on it and the butter melts all over it.

• Like 2

I finished my taxes! I am getting so much money back! I really need to reduce my deductions on the forms so I can use that during the year but I use this for forced savings... I should do something really boring with it, such as pay down student loans, but I think I will also get a ski rack for the car since my partner is turning his leased car ( :thumbdown: this is why I can't get married ever again, no men in my social class are remotely as frugal or financially cowardly as I am) and with it, the roof rack.

We cross-country ski so no lift tickets allowed. Just good old fashioned getting yourself from point A to point B, no whining.

• Like 4

I finished my taxes! I am getting so much money back! I really need to reduce my deductions on the forms so I can use that during the year but I use this for forced savings... I should do something really boring with it, such as pay down student loans, but I think I will also get a ski rack for the car since my partner is turning his leased car ( :thumbdown: this is why I can't get married ever again, no men in my social class are remotely as frugal or financially cowardly as I am) and with it, the roof rack.

We cross-country ski so no lift tickets allowed. Just good old fashioned getting yourself from point A to point B, no whining.

I'm spending about 100 at rainbow resources, possibly getting a roomba knockoff and putting the rest in savings for our cross country move. It's all very boring. We don't know how much we're getting yet but I've got my fingers crossed for like 50 grand.

• Like 2

I'm spending about 100 at rainbow resources, possibly getting a roomba knockoff and putting the rest in savings for our cross country move. It's all very boring. We don't know how much we're getting yet but I've got my fingers crossed for like 50 grand.

Fingers crossed!  :hat:

I personally don't know that the Roomba is worth it. I'd save for fast food on the move so you don't have to keep refilling a smelly cooler with questionable ice.

• Like 5

My insomnia is bad enough again that I'm using it instead of trying to sleep through it and failing. My living room and kitchen are gorgeous. I should read.

Fingers crossed! :hat:

I personally don't know that the Roomba is worth it. I'd save for fast food on the move so you don't have to keep refilling a smelly cooler with questionable ice.

It's only $170 and we vacuum every day because dog + asthma so it's worth it to us. Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

The entire NT vocabulary aside from proper nouns and the Hapax Legomena (words that only appear once) can be memorized from 3rd to 12th grade at the rate of 10 words a week in 36 weeks a year.

In case you were wondering.

In English or Greek? 

• Like 1

It's a 2 cups of coffee morning! 

I don't want to take Baby to church because of the flu risks. All this talk about transmission through air and ventilation systems freaks me out. And he's a sweet little baby who's never been sick.  :001_wub:

But DH thinks it's crazy so we will go. He's all que sera sera... but I am not. Our zip code has us in the moderate flu activity category; if we bump up to severe I'll insist on staying home!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!,ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Church!!⛪ï¸ðŸ‘💕

Spaghetti fundraiser after church for the mission team!!!ðŸ‘

FootballðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Like 4

I have to own everything Peter Beagle ever wrote. Just finished one of his short stories and I ache from wanting to write like that. He's Rembrandt and I'm picking through my box of brushes and paints and slapping poor imitations on my pages trying to imitate the master. Sigh.

• Like 3

I have to own everything Peter Beagle ever wrote. Just finished one of his short stories and I ache from wanting to write like that. He's Rembrandt and I'm picking through my box of brushes and paints and slapping poor imitations on my pages trying to imitate the master. Sigh.

If everyone wrote the same way, there would be no reason to read different authors. You do you.

• Like 6

I want everything to get done without actually doing any of it. I just want the satisfaction of crossing things off my list paired with the satisfaction of lying about watching Netflix all day.

I can't have both, and I am sad.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I've gotten some writing done, read some stories, and worked on a bookmark for a reader who admired the two I made and picked out her favorite. So I'm painting one for her. Also have a gorgeous photo of ice in one of our little streams to paint. My art instructor sent it to me. That's how she assigns homework. :D

• Like 3

I have a morbid fascination with the college board and their lurid tales of college costs.

But I finally thought, you know, I should look up how much the local state university would actually be. They have a three question estimator online (where you’re from, planning to live on or off campus, GPA and ACT/SAT) so I plugged in our location, off campus (bc the kids can live at home), and my old GPA/ACT. $7,000 a year. Feeling less freaked out now.

Now calculate your numbers again with Jo moving in with you in August 2020.

• Like 1

What if he gets stuck at 4'11 (like I did...)?

Very unlikely to happen - he'll probably be 5'5", and nobody in our extended families is that short - my mom is the shortest at 5'1".

Realistically, at some point I'd get bored with 5th grade and move on. 

• Like 1

My family sang in church today--at the request of our music coordinator. It went well except for the bit where ds5 had to go potty Right Now just as our turn was coming up, so the rest of the family went up without him and he came flying up the aisle to join us for the last few lines

Thankfully his pants were pulled all the way up (not something I can count on...)

Edited by maize
  • Like 9

More coffee! I need to get stuff out for French bread pizza.

Dd11 has noticed that she is now just a hair taller than ds13. She will probably be about Slache's height in a few years.

I was taller than my older brother at that age.

Tell her to enjoy it while she can!

• Like 1

My family sang in church today--at the request of our music coordinator. It went well except for the but where ds5 had to go potty Right Now just as our turn was coming up, so the rest of the family went up without him and he came flying up the aisle to join us for the last few lines

Thankfully his pants were pulled all the way up (not something I can count on...)

We can be thankful for small mercies.😂
  • Like 3