Menu

Ignore this thread!

Today was the day to drive Dancer to the airport an hour away. It snowed last night. The roads weren't great. We didn't die. By the time we got to Albuquerque, the roads were dry. I followed GPS's instructions to get to the airport, and she left me in the middle of a road. It was then I realized that, although I've been to the airport twice in 19 years year, I've never driven there. I silently freaked out on the inside. A little may have slipped out.

I found a parking garage. I parked. (Yay me!) We figured out how to get where we were going, while I pointed out important signs to Dancer. Did I mention that Dancer has never flown alone before? I got her as far as security. She has a temp ID, birth certificate, and social security card, and true to AskTSA's word, it got her through, although she had to do a thorough search including pat down. She was wearing leggings, short sleeve shirt, and thin sweater. There was nowhere to hide anything. I watched as far as her getting to where the gates were.

The TSA person who was checking her paperwork was kinda funny. I asked him exactly where Dancer was supposed to go, since I couldn't walk with her. And she was acting freaked out and saying she had anxiety, was stupid, and such. He gave instructions (which were really simple), and said that if she didn't find it, to blame her educator. I was like, hold up - I'M her educator.  He asked if we homeschooled, laughed, and said she'd be alright then.

She got on the plane, got to LA, my sister and fam were in the wrong part of the airport, Dancer had no wi-fi on her phone, so was using someone else's, finally contacted me, I contacted the fam, the picked her up, and she's fine.

I, on the other hand was exhausted, got home,stretched my legs for 5 minutes, left the house with dh, went to Schlotsky's - who decided the weather was too dangerous to be open, tried another place which was closed as well, then tried a street vender, and finally came home. I ate. I napped.

Now, to work on the Spanish winter class I am teaching tomorrow.

• Like 10

I want everything to get done without actually doing any of it. I just want the satisfaction of crossing things off my list paired with the satisfaction of lying about watching Netflix all day.

I can't have both, and I am sad.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

You could make a new, shinier list while watching Netflix. It makes me feel productive without actually having to do anything. 

• Like 5

I made a new soup tonight that's supposed to be super healthy. I only sort of followed the recipe and added some stuff that would make it more or less healthy depending on your perspective, but it at least bulked it up and added calories. I really liked it! The kids said meh, but they all ate it without whining and it had beans, kale, and mushrooms among other things they don't like. Shh! They don't know about the mushrooms.

• Like 7

Let's play "Guess What I Found In My Purse"!

A round bar of Invigorating Shea Butter Soap?

I made a new soup tonight that's supposed to be super healthy. I only sort of followed the recipe and added some stuff that would make it more or less healthy depending on your perspective, but it at least bulked it up and added calories. I really liked it! The kids said meh, but they all ate it without whining and it had beans, kale, and mushrooms among other things they don't like. Shh! They don't know about the mushrooms.

I make a meatloaf that's 1/2 veggies including mushrooms.  So good!

• Like 7

I don't like mushrooms. I think they taste like fungus. 

The disobedient doggies stole the porkchops that I was thawing on the counter. I almost cried, but I didn't have time because I had to figure out something else for dinner. I made a ground beef with broccoli and rice concoction and topped it with cheese. It was pretty tasty, albeit simple. 

• Like 6

The disobedient doggies stole the porkchops that I was thawing on the counter. I almost cried, but I didn't have time because I had to figure out something else for dinner. I made a ground beef with broccoli and rice concoction and topped it with cheese. It was pretty tasty, albeit simple.

Points for Lana for a quick and successful recovery!!
  • Like 3

I love mushrooms. I particularly like the ones that sometimes grow on my property that I harvest surreptitiously when no one is watching me. I have to hurry to beat the bugs, though. They like those mushrooms, too.

I might paint them this year if I get a good crop and some good pictures.

• Like 2

Cheese makes everything OK. You did good!

• Like 2

I love Samwise Gamgee. I’d take him over Mr. Darcy any day. If I was a single young hobbit lass I’d time my pie making so that I could set it to cool in the window as he walked by and surreptitiously waft the scent out to the road all enticing-like.

Wow, you’ve got some feminine wiles goin’ on there, missie!!
  • Like 4