Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Saturday Morning!

Coffee!

Hear hear!

It's not even 8am and one of the neighbor boys just rang the doorbell. I think the kids are putting up a sale table and selling everything from old toys to crocheted snakes (dd9 makes those). Dd7 made a box of "tissue dolls" - they basically look like ghosts. A bargain at a dime apiece! :D

I need coffee. And then pants. And then Aldi.

• Like 5

I'm a bit offended by all of you. I go on a date and come back to 20+ pages top catch up on. It's like you didn't know I was gone!

I will be in Kansas City today. (Dh wants BBQ and since it's our anniversary weekend, we're gonna drive a ridiculous amount to eat ridiculously good BBQ.)

Obviously, I will not be able to keep up with ITT, so you all are limited to 2 pages. Make it count.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

SWEET! Nothing like an offended instructional Booyah! Lol

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 8

Oh, long time. Let's see... 24 years this summer.

That's what I feared.  You probably can't tell me where to stay then, can you?  :laugh:

(We went to DC a few weeks ago, and I was APPALLED when I saw the location of a few of the hotels I may have booked had we not stayed at the conference hotel. :scared: )

Not only did I drag my butt out of bed before 9 am (DH was LOUDLY doing the dishes we neglected last night because wine - he makes noise so he is sure I know he is doing them I think), but I have since made coffee and weeded/gardened. I transplanted a few rogue seedlings. I weeded neighbor's plot as well, and pulled all her dying spring flowers. She does not garden. So I do it, or I have to look at the disaster it becomes. No thanks. Also, I have removed dead branches from the Rose of Sharon.

I iz drinkin coffee and enjoying my garden now. :D

• Like 8

I'm a bit offended by all of you. I go on a date and come back to 20+ pages top catch up on. It's like you didn't know I was gone!

I will be in Kansas City today. (Dh wants BBQ and since it's our anniversary weekend, we're gonna drive a ridiculous amount to eat ridiculously good BBQ.)

l

We were trying to cover our sorrow over your absence with useless conversation.

And don't be embarrassed over your anniversary efforts. Dh and I are traveling 1400 miles to eat lobster and blueberries for our anniversary. :D

• Like 8

Not only did I drag my butt out of bed before 9 am (DH was LOUDLY doing the dishes we neglected last night because wine - he makes noise so he is sure I know he is doing them I think), but I have since made coffee and weeded/gardened. I transplanted a few rogue seedlings. I weeded neighbor's plot as well, and pulled all her dying spring flowers. She does not garden. So I do it, or I have to look at the disaster it becomes. No thanks. Also, I have removed dead branches from the Rose of Sharon.

I iz drinkin coffee and enjoying my garden now. :D

Yes. They do this on purpose.

• Like 2

A series of husband not paying attention events have resulted in the wrong chicken dinner. I seriously need him to chill. He's been so stressed about moving, car shopping, baby coming, parents coming that he hasn't listened to me in weeks. He will walk out of the room and I'll ask him to leave the door open and he'll say okay while he's closing the door. He makes me crazy! It's not his fault, I know it's not his fault, but I still think he should be punished.

• Like 2

A series of husband not paying attention events have resulted in the wrong chicken dinner. I seriously need him to chill. He's been so stressed about moving, car shopping, baby coming, parents coming that he hasn't listened to me in weeks. He will walk out of the room and I'll ask him to leave the door open and he'll say okay while he's closing the door. He makes me crazy! It's not his fault, I know it's not his fault, but I still think he should be punished.

Having to eat The Wrong Chicken Dinner shall be his punishment.

• Like 3

Youngest and I are home from the first swim practice.  Older four slept in.   :glare:   It was nice to see friends we hadn't seen since last summer, but exhausting too.  Now I'm waiting for A/C repair technician to call that he's on this way.  Thankfully it's not as muggy today, and it's only a problem upstairs.  And hopefully fixed soon!  (and cheaply  :o ).

• Like 5

Oh, and one of the moms at the pool said she wanted us to talk sometime about homeschooling.   :hurray:  :scared:  :willy_nilly:  :eek:  :svengo:   What to say first?  What to not say?  I'll talk too much.  I'll say stupid details I shouldn't.  I'll....... Where's Jean when I need her!!!!!!  

• Like 6

Oh, and one of the moms at the pool said she wanted us to talk sometime about homeschooling. :hurray: :scared: :willy_nilly: :eek: :svengo: What to say first? What to not say? I'll talk too much. I'll say stupid details I shouldn't. I'll....... Where's Jean when I need her!!!!!!

We need one of those special earpieces that will allow Jean to hear what is going on and speak into our ears the words we should say.

• Like 10

Bottom o' Page 1030, yo.

So the kids and dh are out biking in gorgeous (hot!) weather.  Because hot, I ventured into the crawlspace again today, this time for the delightful chore of dragging out two large ac units and one mega-sized ac unit.  Because no central air.  Because New England.  

Whereupon, I discovered water.  

Significant amounts of it.  Where it doesn't belong.  

I believe it is due to the teensy persistent leak that just sprung two days ago from our stupid kitchen faucet handle.*  Dh thought it hadn't caused much damage, but contrary to his emphatic "no worries, it's dry under the sink," there is in fact water also puddling there.  Look behind things, yo.  

I do know that the crawlspace was dry just last week, so there's that, at least.  

I thought about hauling my tired arse over and under all the crawlspace stuff to get to the wet floor and dry it up, but I decided I was hot.  So I proceeded to calmly install two of the three ac units and am now eating popcorn beside one of them while willing away the leaky mess with my ninja psychic powers.  

Dh will be popping by briefly on his way to the pool later today.  I believe I will refrain from ruining the rest of his day with this news.  We can tackle it tomorrow, if it looks like my super ninja drying powers aren't all that's needed.   

*Moen, this one, from Home Depot for a whopping $200ish about 2 years ago. A complete waste of a purchase as the handle started falling off after about 12 months, and now requires tightening now every two weeks. And this was prior to this week's leak,  which is from a different spot than the falling-off part.  

• Like 6

Oh, and one of the moms at the pool said she wanted us to talk sometime about homeschooling.   :hurray:  :scared:  :willy_nilly:  :eek:  :svengo:   What to say first?  What to not say?  I'll talk too much.  I'll say stupid details I shouldn't.  I'll....... Where's Jean when I need her!!!!!!  

We need one of those special earpieces that will allow Jean to hear what is going on and speak into our ears the words we should say.

Ha!

• Like 2

That's a good plan.

This is a confusing statement. :D

Hmm. Um, dh had already cleaned the toilet by the time I got out of bed. He was not sitting and relaxing, however. He had finished washing the dishes and was preparing to mop the floor before I got my lazy behind out of bed. He also cooked breakfast. It was good.

We all then went to walk in the river. There was actually water there, so we spent time walking IN the river to get wet. We did not venture far as I did not want Gymnast to get over-exerted.

I fixed the girls a soup for lunch when we came home. Dh went to get a few more groceries to make taquitos with the rib meat I had slow-cooked yesterday. Afterwards, I will get with cleaning out the pantry and putting away the food I had bought at a case lot sale a month ago (or so). Dh will finish cleaning up outside. Regardless, he'll have completed a lot more work than I by the end of the day.

• Like 5

The leak, meanwhile, is not caused by Stupid Faucet Handle. At least, that's not the only cause.  It's from the drainage pipe under the sink.  A bowl full of water tipped over in the sink while I was underneath, drying things up.  And gush.  Water spewing from the pvc drainage pipe connection.  

So there is now a roasting pan under the sink, and the remaining dirty dishes will be carefully washed in a dishtub and drained outside.

My hope is that this is just a case of seal gone bad in the pvc pipe connection.  

My fear (and expectation) is that there's a clog further down in the line which is aggravating or even causing the whole problem, because why would water spew if it had a clear path down and out?  

My silver lining is that dishes can't really be washed at the moment, which means they can't be dirtied, which means there can't be cooking.

Which means Panera tonight.  :cheers2:

Nevertheless.... Oy.  Not exactly part of the long weekend plans. 

• Like 8

I am super duper frustrated.  The plan was to drop Dd off at the gymnastics Open Gym this afternoon and then she would go on with her friend to spend the afternoon.  I was going to go home and get lots done.  Ten minutes before we were supposed to leave, I discover that she is not going to hang out with the friend.  The gymnastics place is too far for me to drop her off and then come back.  I would spend half of the time just driving.  So that means that I have to hang out here for a couple of hours.  In one sense that was good because the friend was flakey and wasn't even going to show up at first (though she did come after we were here for 40 minutes).  But I can't do the finances/ bills that I desperately need to do because it is a public wi-fi here.

• Like 4

I'm so so so cold! We have this sudden cold snap. It's barely 12C outside & we have a huge downpour. 

I've driven here & there & hither & yon dropping people and stuff off at the four corners of Vancouver.  Had to drive through a very very flooded road to drop dd off at work; the kind you have to keep a steady gas on & white knuckle your way through.  A few months ago a bunch of people from her work got stuck & their cars died and we had to wade out & push them out. This is what it looked like then & it's almost there again.... Sigh. I have to get her tonight & it's still raining....

• Like 3

I'm so so so cold! We have this sudden cold snap. It's barely 12C outside & we have a huge downpour. 

I've driven here & there & hither & yon dropping people and stuff off at the four corners of Vancouver.  Had to drive through a very very flooded road to drop dd off at work; the kind you have to keep a steady gas on & white knuckle your way through.  A few months ago a bunch of people from her work got stuck & their cars died and we had to wade out & push them out. This is what it looked like then & it's almost there again.... Sigh. I have to get her tonight & it's still raining....

Hornblower!  Be careful.  Tell us when your back home again!  

• Like 3

Good news /bad news on the A/C.  It's a recall issue that the manufacturer pays for (leaking coil), so no cost for me.  That's the good news.  Bad news is that they probably can't order the part until Tuesday.  Which I totally understand - weekend holiday and so forth.  So, it's going to be a bit warm upstairs for a week or so.  

• Like 7

It will be very late. At least another 7h from now. If it's really bad I'll make her walk out or get a ride out to the other side of the puddle. 

It's not dangerous to people just cars. Well I guess if you couldn't swim at all... but the ditches on either side of the road are only like 4 feet deep & the water isn't fast running. It's just a silly little boggy area & it pools there. The biggest danger is that you'll wade too close to a heron.   But MY NEW CAR. I'd be seriously upset if flooded the inside of it or fried the electronics of a new car (& both of those happened to her friends from work...) 

• Like 3

I survived Walmart (including the line for returns), and Aldi, and the high school graduation open house. I have seen enough people for one day.

Dd17 wore a 4" clip-on bird in her hair when we went to Walgreens. It's name is Florence. At least she didn't pretend to feed it in the store.

• Like 6

Hm. Someone else is changing their board name. I was just thinking I sort of wanted to do that myself. 

I've thought of it, too.  What would you change it to?

I survived Walmart (including the line for returns), and Aldi, and the high school graduation open house. I have seen enough people for one day.

Dd17 wore a 4" clip-on bird in her hair when we went to Walgreens. It's name is Florence. At least she didn't pretend to feed it in the store.

:lol:

Your first sentence made me gasp in horror.  Too many people for a year, I say.

Good news /bad news on the A/C.  It's a recall issue that the manufacturer pays for (leaking coil), so no cost for me.  That's the good news.  Bad news is that they probably can't order the part until Tuesday.  Which I totally understand - weekend holiday and so forth.  So, it's going to be a bit warm upstairs for a week or so.  

I hope your bedrooms are not upstairs, but I fear they are.

• Like 3

Biscuits and gravy for dinner at my house tonight. I'm too tired out to do much, despite a good nap this afternoon. Maybe I'll have more energy tomorrow.

No authing today. If I tried to write, it would probably be garbage and I'd have to throw it out. 

• Like 5

My "foster mom" gave me a frozen lasagna and a box of diapers. She's very sweet.

I look forward to a month from now when Matt goes back to work and I can start establishing a regular routine. School, fitness, playground, making healthy dinners, eating salads instead of milkshakes for snacks. It will be nice to be human again.

Tex, our apartment has a month to return our security deposit at which point I may buy an IP. I still might wait for my birthday, but if we get most of it back we'll probably take the IP plunge.

• Like 5