Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd9's eye is healing, but her vision is still affected and it is red and swollen. I took her to a doctor for a follow-up and he strongly suggested taking her to an eye doctor.

So I took her to her eye doctor to find out that they close early on Thursdays. :glare:

I took her to her other eye doctor (don't ask) on the other side of town and they were able to fit us in with a doctor that we had never had before. He was super and gave us a prescription for eyedrops and an over-the-counter ointment.

We went home and ate dinner that dh had prepared.

Then I went in search of her meds. :willy_nilly:

Wal-Mart had neither, but they said they could order the drops and have them tomorrow. I decided to try elsewhere. (In hindsight, this was a stupid move.)

CVS had the ointment, but not the eyedrops.

The grocery store did not have the eyedrops. But they did have sushi. :)

Another CVS also did not have the eyedrops.

I decided to give up., I went back to Wal-Mart and found out that they could only have them tomorrow if ordered by 7pm. It was now 9. :banghead: The pharmacist felt badly, so she called up several other pharmacists. A CVS nearby had it in stock and put dd9's name on it so I can get it tomorrow. :hurray:

I started getting anxious just reading your post. Too much! Too much!

• Like 1

I started getting anxious just reading your post. Too much! Too much!

Shopping for the prescriptions was just me in my car and a baseball game on the radio.  And the pharmacists were pleasant.  Apparently the prescription eye drops that we need are not often used for children, so they are hard to find in the proper concentration.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that my wedding gown won't fit. But I have 5 daughters. Maybe it will fit someone someday.

You are thin. You must have been really, really thin when you got married. Or you were fat. Oooohhh...were you pregnant? Scandalous!

(I'm just kidding. I was thinking of my mom when I typed that! LOL)

• Like 6

You are thin. You must have been really, really thin when you got married. Or you were fat. Oooohhh...were you pregnant? Scandalous!

(I'm just kidding. I was thinking of my mom when I typed that! LOL)

I just checked the scale.  I weigh 20 pounds more than I did when I got married.

Weren't a bunch of us supposed to lose 20 pounds overnight a few weeks ago?  I think it didn't work.   :glare:

• Like 8

Good Friday Morning!  We're finishing online testing for one child this morning and then friends are coming over later.  So, basically a fun day.

Did I tell you all we were fighting the Great Ant War of 2016?  I think we might be winning, finally.  And the kitchen counters are much cleaner now.   :laugh:

Also, I have finished filing school work for the year except for one child's planner and one child's math workbook.  (Need to ditch some art projects some day....)

And I think I've finalized my Rainbow wish list for next year, but I'm going to sit on it a bit longer to be sure.

I just checked the scale.  I weigh 20 pounds more than I did when I got married.

Weren't a bunch of us supposed to lose 20 pounds overnight a few weeks ago?  I think it didn't work.   :glare:

:lol:

Sounds like he's got all the bases covered!

:lol:

• Like 7

I've been awake since 3:30 and I'm cranky.

I think the government has a device they use to change the days of the week. I thought Wednesday was Friday, now I feel like we should be going to church. I'm on to you big brother!

16 days.

• Like 6

I just checked the scale. I weigh 20 pounds more than I did when I got married.

Weren't a bunch of us supposed to lose 20 pounds overnight a few weeks ago? I think it didn't work. :glare:

I almost led myself to believe I gained 5 more pounds since last week. But logically it must be the scale is broken.

• Like 5

Good morning!

(((Junie and dd)))

We have fought Ant Wars as well. All our neighbors also fight the war. At least they aren't fire ants!

I only lost 7 pounds, but I was also sick in bed for a week, so it's a trade-off. We definitely didn't get the 20 pounds promised. I want my money back! :D

Today we get to meet the girls' new violin/viola teacher. And I am so excited that the cello instructor called last night to say she was available to teach for the summer session. Ds11 has been asking about it almost every day.

I do not fit into my wedding dress. Not no way, not no how.

Last night I tried several colors of nail polish on my toes. Apparently, I am as bad at picking out nail polish colors as I am paint colors. The "Party Pink" wins by a mile; the others are ghastly.

• Like 6

Booyah

This booyah is dedicated to coffee.

Did I ever tell y'all about the light comic opera written by J.S. Bach about coffee? It's called Schweigt Stille, Plaudert Nicht! BWV 211 (Be Still, Stop Chattering). It's about a father who is concerned about his daughter's coffee addiction and tries to get her to stop drinking it. It has some great lines like, "If I couldn't, three times a day, be allowed to drink my little cup of coffee, in my anguish I will turn into a shriveled-up roast goat", and ends with everyone agreeing that "drinking coffee is natural." :D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 11

Good morning!

I have made myself sick, I think. Everything I eat or drink runs right through me. I was up twice last night and again this morning. I have taken Imodium AD twice now. Sorry I know this is TMI.

So much to do today. Thankfully dd16's last day of school was yesterday so she will stay home with the twins. I have to take care of tlih, get her groceries, sort her meds and get her some cash. Then meetings at the facility. I will know the decision of the appeal, but I am not hopeful. I figure she will come home Saturday. At least that gives me a bit of time to get things ready. There is still the question about the one prescription that was destroyed. I don't know what will happen there.

Junie, I hope your dd heals quickly and soon. So happy she has a good mom like you to care for her. (I'm speaking from my own experience)

Which brings me to my biggest dilemma, what I have made myself sick over, how much can I do without causing my family stress and problems. In other words, do I neglect my family to care for my mom? It may be a month, 6 months or year. I don't know. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, and it won't be that bad. But I feel as if I am having to choose. I know I have done it to myself, mostly anyways. Some of the personnel at the facility have said a couple of things. And then I think, I try not to, of how much she DIDN'T take care of me and my brother and why should I bother so much. Isn't that terrible? So, I guess it boils down to how much of myself I can give without upsetting my family's dynamic, but giving enough that I can be satisfied with myself. I do not want to hold the past against her. It is in the past. It is done, over. However, all of her health conditions are a big reminder: pancreatitis-alcoholism, emphysema-chain smoker, congestive heart failure-by product of lung failure, diabetes-maybe not, runs in the family, bipolar-the cause of it all, maybe. She wasn't diagnosed until she was over 60. It gave us a reason why she left and acted the way she did.

Well this has turned into a big conglomerated mess. Sorry. I will find a balance, and it will work out. It always does. Amazingly.

Have a beautiful day.

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 9

Booyah

Did I ever tell y'all about the light comic opera written by J.S. Bach about coffee? It's called Schweigt Stille, Plaudert Nicht! BWV 211 (Be Still, Stop Chattering). It's about a father who is concerned about his daughter's coffee addiction and tries to get her to stop drinking it. It has some great lines like, "If I couldn't, three times a day, be allowed to drink my little cup of coffee, in my anguish I will turn into a shriveled-up roast goat", and ends with everyone agreeing that "drinking coffee is natural." :D

It's long, so open and listen in another window while you ketchup. D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC5KpmK6oOs

• Like 5

(((Dawn))) just my 2 cents, but you should not neglect your family to take care of your mom. Your own story of growing up neglected is a good reminder. I know it is hard, but it seems that your family is just not in the place that would allow you to take on (another) full time job. (((Dawn)))

• Like 9

Good Morning, Ladies! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Booyah

Wonderful Booya/h, Susan! I knew there was a reason I liked Bach so much. Oh, besides his beautiful music! :)

((Dawn)) I have no advice. Just hang in there, my dear!

• Like 3

I've been awake since 3:30 and I'm cranky.

I think the government has a device they use to change the days of the week. I thought Wednesday was Friday, now I feel like we should be going to church. I'm on to you big brother!

16 days.

I think you're on to something. I've been mixed up all week. I thought today was Thursday.
  • Like 3

(((Dawn))) just my 2 cents, but you should not neglect your family to take care of your mom. Your own story of growing up neglected is a good reminder. I know it is hard, but it seems that your family is just not in the place that would allow you to take on (another) full time job. (((Dawn)))

:iagree:
  • Like 2

I agree.

The history between you and the reasons for her health problems aside, you only have so many hours in the day.  You have described your mother as not cooperative with her treatments for Bipolar.  This would be a deal breaker for me.  

I understand your heart wanting to help but your circumstances not allowing it.  BTDT.

It is not wrong or uncaring to not take your mother into your home and assume her full time care. :grouphug:

• Like 9

It stormed, and we lost power last night.  I spent a restless night with a crazy kitten who wanted to play with a toy on my person all night.  I threw it, and she brought it back.  Then I hid it under the pillow.  When I finally went back to sleep, she cried at the door for someone to feed her. Naughty kitten.  Gut kneading cat slept right next to my head all night without any shenanigans.  The power is back on.  It came on in the middle of the night, and dh got up and turned off all the lights because evidently every light in the house was on.

• Like 6

Tex, I am glad that your power (and air conditioning) are back on again.  

Dawn, I think you saw my previous post about caring for family in your home before I took it down.  I agree with Tex.

Slache, I think we woke up at the same time.  I was having some weird dream about having been poisoned and needing a rescue shot to survive. The rescue shot was Depo-Provera. I'm not sure what that means, but I wish you the best in your last 18 days of wrestling with Alex.

Krissi, I thought today was Thursday too! TGIF!!

Junie, sorry about your dd's eye! We've only had one that continued on past 48 hrs; it had a secondary infection from the scratch. Said child was miserable, and lived on the couch with icepacks.  She couldn't even stand wind blowing on her eye so she wouldn't go outside.

It's Memorial Day weekend.  Anyone doing anything exciting? For the first time, I will not be doing my graveside visits for all of my extended family.  Youngest is trying to convince me that we should go to the beach again. She is willing to leave right now and leave her daddy and brothers behind. :)

• Like 7

Tex, I am glad that your power (and air conditioning) are back on again.  

Dawn, I think you saw my previous post about caring for family in your home before I took it down.  I agree with Tex.

Slache, I think we woke up at the same time.  I was having some weird dream about having been poisoned and needing a rescue shot to survive. The rescue shot was Depo-Provera. I'm not sure what that means, but I wish you the best in your last 18 days of wrestling with Alex.

Krissi, I thought today was Thursday too! TGIF!!

Junie, sorry about your dd's eye! We've only had one that continued on past 48 hrs; it had a secondary infection from the scratch. Said child was miserable, and lived on the couch with icepacks.  She couldn't even stand wind blowing on her eye so she wouldn't go outside.

It's Memorial Day weekend.  Anyone doing anything exciting? For the first time, I will not be doing my graveside visits for all of my extended family.  Youngest is trying to convince me that we should go to the beach again. She is willing to leave right now and leave her daddy and brothers behind. :)

Youngest is brilliant!  A girl after my own heart!   :D

• Like 7

((Dawn)).  Take each day at a time.  If she comes to your house now, it's ok.  You keep in touch with healthcare professionals.  If she needs to be hospitalized again, then you make that decision when it comes.  If her general health deteriorates and you can't take care of her, you can make that decision at that point too.  I'm praying for you. 

• Like 7

She asked to come to my house. She said she can fold clothes and peel potatoes.

I'm waiting for first meeting.

I don't think I can say no.

YES YOU CAN! You absolutely can! Your babies come first. I'm not saying to say no, just not to say yes out of obligation. You absolutely 100% can say no.

• Like 2

She asked to come to my house. She said she can fold clothes and peel potatoes.

I'm waiting for first meeting.

I don't think I can say no.

((Dawn)).  Take each day at a time.  If she comes to your house now, it's ok.  You keep in touch with healthcare professionals.  If she needs to be hospitalized again, then you make that decision when it comes.  If her general health deteriorates and you can't take care of her, you can make that decision at that point too.  I'm praying for you. 

YES YOU CAN! You absolutely can! Your babies come first. I'm not saying to say no, just not to say yes out of obligation. You absolutely 100% can say no.

I agree with both of these.  Have been and will be praying for you!  (((Dawn)))

• Like 3

Is Wordly Wise really religious?  Any ITTers who use it?  Thoughts?

Also, anyone use Homeschool Programming https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/homeschool-programming/?c=1 available from the Co-op?

We use Wordly Wise.  It isn't religious at all.  It's just vocab words and sentences and a once a week secular reading comprehension excerpt. 

• Like 2