Menu

Ignore this thread!

Have not ketched up since p1019:-(

What a week and it is only wed. Well, after the big computer death and purchase last week, our washer decided to die. Completely. The bearings went and it would have cost almost as much as a new washer to fix it. So we had to buy a washer yesterday. And of course they can't deliver until 6/6... Eek.

Plus, IL stuff:-(

Plus, after today, I will no longer be blond😭😭😭 The only medication that helps me is breaking my hair so much that it won't take another blonding. So this morning, she is going to darken me up. I am absolutely not happy. I know it sounds shallow and stupid, but I love light around my face. It is like a part of me, ya know?

Plus, I was up ill all night. I think I ate something bad.

Prayers and happy thoughts are welcome right now. I feel like I fell into the rabbit hole lately.

After my traumatic hair appt, I plan on coming back, having tea and ketching up on my ITT lovelies:-)

I'm sorry abut the hair. I could tell you that darker hair rocks, but I know that wouldn't help. ((Hugs))

We had to buy a new washer recently, too. Our old one.. Dh bought used 15 years ago. It's been on it's last leg for years now. We got at front-loader from Lowes. And I cannot believe it will take you that long to get yours. We ordered ours on Sunday and got it three days later.

• Like 5

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered one kid's geometry book for next year. Today, a geometry book arrived. It is not what I ordered, is from a different seller than I ordered from, and I do not see a random accidental geometry book from any of my usual suspects for ordering.

So odd.

Were you on prednesone at the time of ordering? :D

• Like 5

Ironically, Tex, we've always had a much easier time with bigger decisions than smaller ones.  We are both analytical thinkers, and once we frame the discussion properly, the making of decisions is easier.  Whether to go out for tacos or burgers is a much harder decision, because it doesn't really matter one way or the other, iykwim.  I think we're still highly aligned on our core values/concerns re: living circumstances, so this is why it's so puzzling. Off to ponder this some more; thanks!

• Like 5

This is a breaking biscuit report....

After refrigerating one biscuit from yesterday's experiment (the worst thing one can do to gluten-free baked goods!) I wish to tell everyone that the biscuit survived! It was treated in the microwave and released for consumption, and the boy who taste tested it would like to add that "it tastes just as great as it did yesterday!"

This is a good endorsement, indeed.

Were you on prednesone at the time of ordering? :D

:lol:

I forget a lot of stuff so before I sent an email saying that my geometry book had not arrived, I checked all of my usual accounts.  Nope, I actually didn't order this.  (But it is quite possible with the memory I have going here lately. :leaving: )

• Like 3

I think I want the Amazon Echo. I would be able to play music without leaving the computer on all day and I could scream my lists at it as I'm busy with my hands full. Matt wants it for a few other things too. Does anyone have one?

Dh works in IT.  Everyone in IT either hides all of their info, or they assume everyone has it.  We have a schizophrenic approach.  We cover our laptop cameras and we are on Facebook.  I'm sure someone has already aggregated my info and pinned it to me already.  

I will cover my laptop camera.  I think I see where it is.

ETA:  OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, a paranoid booya(h)!

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

Dh works in IT. Everyone in IT either hides all of their info, or they assume everyone has it. We have a schizophrenic approach. We cover our laptop cameras and we are on Facebook. I'm sure someone has already aggregated my info and pinned it to me already.

I assume everyone has it.

Throw the book at them! 

I know, right?  And the one they sent is $1.99.  The one I ordered is $50 or more. :huh:

That sucks! How long until he needs it? I know it's a hard one to find.

Not until August so I have time to fight through the book mystery. :hat:   I was happy to have that one crossed off because I spent a fair amount of time hunting down the best deal.  I hope they have the actual book, but I am actually mostly thinking I will get a refund and start over.

• Like 5

I have finished the school, the baking and the housekeeping for the day. There does remain a dishwasher to unload and a little bit of laundry to fold, but the kitten is using the laundry as a napping spot, and I'd rather her nap than have to argue with her that cheesecake is not for cats. 

As long as she stays in the clothes, I can write in my room and keep one eye on her while the cheesecake cools properly. :laugh:

Movie and pizza tonight.

• Like 7

I'm out of likes. 

& I have a low grade headache. 

& I realized that if there's even a slight possibility that I might be going back to school in the next year or two, I'll need to do a math placement test or more likely, do a couple stats courses (incl one that requires calculus as a pre-req) so I shouldn't just be coasting along & troubleshooting with ds, but actually paying attention to his Thinkwell lectures so that I'm really clear on this stuff. So I'm going to go do precalc thoroughly now so that I'm fast & really know it.  

I took calculus at university but I remember nothing of it. 

• Like 6

Well, my dd is applying to nursing schools and I've considered it too but I'm leaning against it.  My alma mater has an accelerated 20 month program (for previous degree holders) that leads to a BSN and eligibility for RN exams. 

We don't have many NPs here yet - they're really not in the system much & to be one you need to work for a couple years as an RN & then do a 2 yr masters. I think in the US you have faster training routes. 

I've definitely heard of people taking up nursing well into their 40's & 50's. It seems to be a matter of whether you can physically do the job - though desk jobs are also possible. We have RNs staffing the non emerg triage phone lines & that's a pretty cushy job though they do have to work shifts as it's a 24h operation. (you can call anytime as an alternative to calling 911 and they'll talk you through symptoms. Kind of like Dr Hive except staffed with real professionals with giant computerized evidence based decision trees in front of them lol) 

Edited by hornblower
  • Like 3

Got the kitchen clean (oven cleaned, floor swept/mopped, stove top cleaned, dishes also caught up), the bathrooms cleaned and mopped, the living room stayed clean, a couple loads of laundry, & dinner in the crockpot.

About to pick up dd from school and go to speech. Then, it will be time to fold the remaining 5,000 loads of laundry.

Here's hoping that tomorrow I can tackle my bedroom.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Got the kitchen clean (oven cleaned, floor swept/mopped, stove top cleaned, dishes also caught up), the bathrooms cleaned and mopped, the living room stayed clean, a couple loads of laundry, & dinner in the crockpot.

About to pick up dd from school and go to speech. Then, it will be time to fold the remaining 5,000 loads of laundry.

Here's hoping that tomorrow I can tackle my bedroom.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

You cleaned the oven!  What is that!   :svengo:

• Like 6

I took a bike ride, got rained on, and then took a shower to rid myself of EoG (Essence of Goat). I tried this sample of all natural shampoo and conditioner we got from Whole Foods and it turned my hair into a bale of straw. I reconditioned with our usual standby (Suave coconut) and I have hair again, such as it is.

• Like 6

I would love to go back to school. I want to be a nurse when I grow up. A nurse practitioner would be my dream. Dream on, right?

I started out to be a nurse. Loved the academics. Got into the hospital and passed out when the doctor was demonstrating how to put in an IV. That was just the beginning of the many signs from heaven that I was not meant to be a nurse. I quit the program after 2 weeks of hospital practicum.
  • Like 7

Ok, I'm working on VBS stuff and I'm putting together team names. It's a farm theme and I need help with descriptors. I've got...

Crazy Chickens

Kickin' Cows

Rockin' Roosters

... Horses

.... Lambs.

Any ideas? I'm not married to these team names, so if anyone else has any creative names using other animals I'd be open to those suggestions, too!

• Like 2

I started out to be a nurse. Loved the academics. Got into the hospital and passed out when the doctor was demonstrating how to put in an IV. That was just the beginning of the many signs from heaven that I was not meant to be a nurse. I quit the program after 2 weeks of hospital practicum.

I bet I have started a thousands IVs when I was an advanced EMT. Not a problem. You actually get pretty good at it when doing them in the back of a bouncy ambulance.

• Like 3

I should've multiquoted.

So I got a call from tlih's (the lady I help) home health agency. Her aide is moving and they have no one to replace her. They are so desperate; they offered me a job. They then asked if I knew anyone interested in a job. They said if they had not been convicted of a felony they would hire them. I don't know anyone (felon or otherwise) interested in a job. So tlih will be without her helper on the 30th. I have to call her case manager to find another agency tomorrow. Ugh. Phone call.

Then I visit mom. I am informed that her insurance will not cover her stay after friday, and she is coming home. WHAT????? All office people had left for the day. I asked to be called as soon as possible regarding this situation. I told them there was no way we could get things set up at her home and home health care scheduled for Friday/weekend. She is doing great right now. She seems a lot stronger. She is on Prednisone which will be discontinued tomorrow. I think it is helping her lungs, but it is not a long-term medication for COPD. I hope it is all a mistake or we can appeal or something. It makes me ill all over just thinking of it. So more phone calls. Lots of them.

• Like 4

Well, my dd is applying to nursing schools and I've considered it too but I'm leaning against it. My alma mater has an accelerated 20 month program (for previous degree holders) that leads to a BSN and eligibility for RN exams.

We don't have many NPs here yet - they're really not in the system much & to be one you need to work for a couple years as an RN & then do a 2 yr masters. I think in the US you have faster training routes.

I've definitely heard of people taking up nursing well into their 40's & 50's. It seems to be a matter of whether you can physically do the job - though desk jobs are also possible. We have RNs staffing the non emerg triage phone lines & that's a pretty cushy job though they do have to work shifts as it's a 24h operation. (you can call anytime as an alternative to calling 911 and they'll talk you through symptoms. Kind of like Dr Hive except staffed with real professionals with giant computerized evidence based decision trees in front of them lol)

I wish your dd the best of luck and hope she gets into the school of her choice. Keep me updated. I can live vicariously through her. :lol:

NPs are a big thing here. Most of the local clinics are staffed by NPs.

I started the prerequisites many years ago, and I ended up getting an associate degree in general education with some fancy honors that I can't remember. I'm 42 (how did that happen) now, and if I had the choice I would love the ER (adrenaline, love it) or a family practice (complete opposite).

• Like 5