Menu

Ignore this thread!

That's good. When FIL was kicked out they gave no notice. They said come get him now and MIL was at work and couldn't leave. When she got there he had been sitting in the waiting room in a wheel chair for hours.

This is horrible. Insurance companies suck.

#isaidsuck

• Like 2

I am cleaning up my school room today. I found a secret candy stash that I had forgotten about.

Dh and I had an opening discussion last night about the new bright and shiny job opportunity. I think that he needs to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. He still has several career paths open, and he's capable of doing many things. We're still aligned on the basic fundamentals.

Has he read 48 Days to the Work You Love, Start, or Quit? All three are great and may be able to help guide him.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am back! My haircut is very nice. The young lady who cut my hair was very nice and did not scorn my hair issues. She looked at the pictures I brought and adapted them to my hair/head and was not pushy about selling products. She wrote them down "in case I want to come back in and try any of them". The place was not scary fancy or frou frou like I feared, though they offered me Voss water, which I haven't had since I was in Voss (Norway).

Now I am eating chips (in honor of Events Planner).

• Like 9

I have authed. I am sitting at 48,000 words for this month as of this afternoon, and given that I have three more days to get my 2,000 for my own goal of 50,000 words on the month, I think I've won a prize for May. 

I also wrote the last two sentences of my novel. I know where I'm ending, and it made me smile. Or is it the beginning? I've half a mind to write "The Beginning" instead of The End at the end of the first draft. 

• Like 6

I have authed. I am sitting at 48,000 words for this month as of this afternoon, and given that I have three more days to get my 2,000 for my own goal of 50,000 words on the month, I think I've won a prize for May.

I also wrote the last two sentences of my novel. I know where I'm ending, and it made me smile. Or is it the beginning? I've half a mind to write "The Beginning" instead of The End at the end of the first draft.

I am seriously in awe of you. A blank piece of paper and all I end up thinking of is whether or not there is anything good to eat in the fridge or any weeds to pull in my garden. Research papers I can handle. Blank canvases I can handle. But create a story in my head? Nope.

I am so happy there are people like you in the world.

• Like 6

What writing curricula have you liked for your children, if any?

I am seriously in awe of you. A blank piece of paper and all I end up thinking of is whether or not there is anything good to eat in the fridge or any weeds to pull in my garden. Research papers I can handle. Blank canvases I can handle. But create a story in my head? Nope.

I just draw stick figures. I'm very good at it.

• Like 4

Yessssss.  Do it. :)

• Like 5

:blushing: Awe, that's nice of you. Most people just think I'm weird. 

Anyway, the goal is to be done with the rough draft by June, and I'm not sure I'll make my self-imposed deadline on that. But I can feel things are getting to the point where this part of the adventure comes to an end. If I get done in the early weeks of June, I'll have most of June to just let the novel steep while I work out some of the finer points of the magic involved and decide how much world building material needs to make it into the novel, and what needs to be left out. You really get to know your characters over a novel, and then you get to go back and decide how best to let the reader in on just how interesting they are from the very beginning.

• Like 4

What writing curricula have you liked for your children, if any?

I've liked CW Homer. But I like it mostly because I can really alter it when I want to. It gives me a lot of lee-way to do my own thing. 

I've got a feeling I would like the Creative Writer, but I'm going to have to buy it and look at it before I say one way or the other. But I've always liked to write stories. I stink at essay writing (at least the kind I was told to write in school). I've since found that the essay is actually pretty cool, but that wasn't what they wanted in school.

• Like 3

Y'all have made me smile.

I'm not good at anything either. I'm actually thinking of taking up drinking. :D

Wait until we're neighbors and we can do it together!

I think you're incredibly patient and loving. Two very valuable skills. I know they're traits, but you've developed them and used them as skills.

• Like 7

Wait until we're neighbors and we can do it together!

I think you're incredibly patient and loving. Two very valuable skills. I know they're traits, but you've developed them and used them as skills.

Most days, yes, I am. But today, not so much. Today, I would like to strangle a bunch of people and then borrow a bazooka. ;) (only half kidding)

• Like 8

I really wanted to fit into my wedding dress on our anniversary in November but I don't think it's going to happen. I haz a sad. It will be our 10th and it would have been cool to have pictures taken.

Don't worry about it. Try it for the 20th anniversary. It will be more impressive then. :D

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 4

I really wanted to fit into my wedding dress on our anniversary in November but I don't think it's going to happen. I haz a sad. It will be our 10th and it would have been cool to have pictures taken.

you can fake it like they do on some photo shoots. The backs are sometimes just pulled together with pins and scraps of fabric. 

• Like 2

I'd rather read them.

Yeah, me too! I just spent the last hour with Harry Bosch. And then came up for air!

I'm not good at anything either. I'm actually thinking of taking up drinking. :D

Hey, I didn't know that was an option.

Now, I have to go frost DS's birthday cake. His birthday isn't till Saturday, but we'll be at family camp then, so we're celebrating tonight. Just made and wrapped up 35 rice Krispy treats for him to take to school tomorrow.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I think I could fit in mine but it's boxed in its little preservation box with the see through peekaboo window. I was so adamant about doing that & now I'm all 'hmmm, and what did I think I would do with this thing?' 

I weigh the same but it's possible things have shifted. My boobage seems intent to migrate south & settle in my butt. 

I chucked out my wedding bouquet a few years ago. It was roses & I had dried it.  dh & I laughed & made tons of horrid jokes about dead withered roses and what they symbolized about our life now.... 

• Like 5

I think I could fit in mine but it's boxed in its little preservation box with the see through peekaboo window. I was so adamant about doing that & now I'm all 'hmmm, and what did I think I would do with this thing?'

I weigh the same but it's possible things have shifted. My boobage seems intent to migrate south & settle in my butt.

I chucked out my wedding bouquet a few years ago. It was roses & I had dried it. dh & I laughed & made tons of horrid jokes about dead withered roses and what they symbolized about our life now....

I had one plastic lily in my real flower bouquet that I've kept.

• Like 2

Just curious - how many of you have people on ignore? Don't tell us who, just how many...? 

I'm considering adding someone to my ignore list so I was just on that page again. I wish I could be the person who didn't let some get under my skin but it turns out I'm not.... 

• Like 1

Just curious - how many of you have people on ignore? Don't tell us who, just how many...?

I'm considering adding someone to my ignore list so I was just on that page again. I wish I could be the person who didn't let some get under my skin but it turns out I'm not....

I don't, but if I did there would be 2 people and because they're liars and think they're better than others.

• Like 1

Dd9's eye is healing, but her vision is still affected and it is red and swollen.  I took her to a doctor for a follow-up and he strongly suggested taking her to an eye doctor.  

So I took her to her eye doctor to find out that they close early on Thursdays.  :glare:

I took her to her other eye doctor (don't ask) on the other side of town and they were able to fit us in with a doctor that we had never had before.  He was super and gave us a prescription for eyedrops and an over-the-counter ointment. 

We went home and ate dinner that dh had prepared.

Then I went in search of her meds.   :willy_nilly:

Wal-Mart had neither, but they said they could order the drops and have them tomorrow.  I decided to try elsewhere. (In hindsight, this was a stupid move.)

CVS had the ointment, but not the eyedrops.

The grocery store did not have the eyedrops.  But they did have sushi.  :)

Another CVS also did not have the eyedrops. 

I decided to give up.,  I went back to Wal-Mart and found out that they could only have them tomorrow if ordered by 7pm.  It was now 9.   :banghead:  The pharmacist felt badly, so she called up several other pharmacists.  A CVS nearby had it in stock and put dd9's name on it so I can get it tomorrow.   :hurray:

• Like 11

Dd9's eye is healing, but her vision is still affected and it is red and swollen. I took her to a doctor for a follow-up and he strongly suggested taking her to an eye doctor.

So I took her to her eye doctor to find out that they close early on Thursdays. :glare:

I took her to her other eye doctor (don't ask) on the other side of town and they were able to fit us in with a doctor that we had never had before. He was super and gave us a prescription for eyedrops and an over-the-counter ointment.

We went home and ate dinner that dh had prepared.

Then I went in search of her meds. :willy_nilly:

Wal-Mart had neither, but they said they could order the drops and have them tomorrow. I decided to try elsewhere. (In hindsight, this was a stupid move.)

CVS had the ointment, but not the eyedrops.

The grocery store did not have the eyedrops. But they did have sushi. :)

Another CVS also did not have the eyedrops.

I decided to give up., I went back to Wal-Mart and found out that they could only have them tomorrow if ordered by 7pm. It was now 9. :banghead: The pharmacist felt badly, so she called up several other pharmacists. A CVS nearby had it in stock and put dd9's name on it so I can get it tomorrow. :hurray:

This is why I pretend I can't drive.

• Like 5

:lol:   

Seriously, you are one of the best people I know, Dawn. :grouphug:

My schoolroom is mostly clean.  Dd's first grade portfolio is done.  Progress!

Yay!  I cleaned the cubbies today.

you can fake it like they do on some photo shoots. The backs are sometimes just pulled together with pins and scraps of fabric. 

Yep.  It's a thing!

• Like 3

I don't, but if I did there would be 2 people and because they're liars and think they're better than others.

Oh! I know who it is! That person bothers me too.

How do you know these things? How do you keep up with who people are? I can barely keep straight all the ITT people and there aren't many of us and I "see" you every day!

• Like 3

Krissi, I almost forgot to tell you that your post about your dd talking to the 3rd baseman instead of running home was hilarious.  I was on vacation and had a hard time using dh's laptop (it doesn't like me), so I didn't take the time to post about it then.  But, oh so funny!   :lol:

• Like 6

How do you know these things? How do you keep up with who people are? I can barely keep straight all the ITT people and there aren't many of us and I "see" you every day!

I mostly notice when I get attacked on threads with Christian content or medical decisions for children. There aren't many deliberately argumentative people here.

• Like 2