Menu

Ignore this thread!

Can you try Fred Meyer or Target for deals? $4 generics and such? Sometimes the doctor has free samples. I've free sampled a UTI away thanks to a kind doctor.

I think I've mentioned this before but I use GoodRX app (on the phone and also online) to get the best prices on prescriptions.  We have no prescription coverage so I put in the drug and it takes my location and finds pricing for the closest places. 

Gymnast has so many (weird) food allergies, I wouldn't be surprised. I actually have a call in to the regular doctor to get allergy referrals for both girls. Gymnast's check was when she was 2, and they only tested one panel. They did the skin test for wheat but there was no effect. I don't know if they'll do a blood test for gluten. 

Blood testing for gluten sensitivity is not that accurate, particularly in a young child.  It ends up being a trial and error diet change usually that pinpoints if it is a problem.

One kid had so many problems until I took kid off gluten.  Some of the problems were physical and some were emotional/behavioral.

• Like 3

We glue, steri-strip or butterfly tape, and then use vet wrap.  Thumbs are really prone to breaking apart again.

I have some vet wrap but can't really use it because it impedes his basketball playing.  It is not on a joint but still receives the motion that tears it back open.  Not playing bball is not an option so we press on. :laugh:  I was surprised at how long the first supergluing lasted!

• Like 1

I got this smoked gouda cheese dip from Costco and I'm eating with GF multigrain chips and dying of joy.

What are your favorite munchies of late?

This sounds amazing.

I've been having blackberries from the yard and yogurt lately. I'm usually not a yogurt eater.

• Like 2

Tobradex has gone into generic.  The generic cash price is $33.  Alternatively, they can write for just the dexamethasone part, and that's $14.

Generic booya!

Thank you!  When we go for the follow up I will ask about these.

• Like 1

I should have mentioned above that I'm looking for travel advice. 

But I'm not running away from home.

Unless I win the Lotto.  In which case, I'm swinging by Dawn's and Jean's houses and going to hang with them and Rocco the Cabana Boy in Bora Bora.

• Like 5

So beautiful. I am so running away from home. If anyone files a missing person report, don't tell them where I'm at. :D

I can pick you all up in the stealth 'copter and we'll all head somewhere dreamy, and spacious (for the introverted folks), with a campfire built by Rocco.

• Like 7

When Tobradex went into generic, they created an amazing new suspension of basically the same stuff and began to charge $$$ for it.  The % of steroid is slightly different (less of it) in the ST. I was able to find ONE study....done on rabbits...on why ST is better than the generic stuff. And, this is how I came to a discussion with my ophthalmologist on the importance on knowing how much stuff costs. She had no idea.

• Like 4

What? Why is Tobradex so expensive for you guys?? I have two dogs on Tobradex eye drops. A bottle costs me $32 CAD.

It's extremely common for animal medicine to be cheaper than human medicine. Veterinarians are caught illegally selling prescription medications on occasion.

My mom is having a hard time. She's been turned down by like 8 different companies, things aren't working out with the place she's staying and she knows I don't want to see her. I called and asked how she was and she said "Not great but it doesn't matter." I can't help. She's burning bridges and burning through her money.

Eta: Advice is welcome. :)

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

My mom is having a hard time. She's been turned down by like 8 different companies, things aren't working out with the place she's staying and she knows I don't want to see her. I called and asked how she was and she said "Not great but it doesn't matter." I can't help. She's burning bridges and burning through her money.

Eta: Advice is welcome. :)

Isn't she like my age?  I am not being flip when I say that your mom is the one who should be looking for advice.  And the advice would be getting any job she can (even one that she doesn't really like) and trying to get some financial stability in a small apartment.  The problem is that if she's not willing to genuinely ask for advice herself then she's not going to be willing to do what she needs to do to stem the tide on her bad decisions. 

• Like 6

DH shared something that was apparently spotted on Twitter:  “The fact there’s a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.â€

I've heard that before, years ago.

Glad to hear it. Can she sleep in tomorrow? She might be exhausted.

Yeah. Not many plans, except to go to the laundromat. She won't be going. I'm glad her last soccer game was last week. There'd be no way she could play. She seemed to be doing alright though.

• Like 4

This too.

http://www.amazon.com/Wantdo-Womens-Peacock-Printed-Bohemian/dp/B0184YP8D2/ref=pd_sim_193_31?ie=UTF8&dpID=41jyGMBKU%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL200_SR111%2C200_&refRID=152CY4HSER1J72N4C07H

I've been going through a peacock phase recently. I've had peacock feathers put in my hair at least twice since ITT began and I have peacock feather earrings that I just adore.

• Like 2

Okay, let's both get one! I'm thinking the second one.

That's a pretty one, well all of them are. Dd16 likes the second one on the bottom. I like the 6th one on the top. Dd16 said she likes the last one on the top for me.

• Like 1

Oh, oh, oh! I can do this one! Finding good paleo recipes or just recipes without any dairy is so hard sometimes. Thank you! I know what's for dinner tomorrow.

I've heard Nom Nom Paleo is fabulous which is where this one is from.

• Like 1