• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I've tried to get my husband to join me in my hive addiction, but he just thinks I'm crazy for hanging out with my imaginary friends so much.

I have, of course, explained that there is nothing imaginary about y'all...

Mine's an introvert.  He doesn't care about you people, not even a tiny little bit.

• Like 6

Jean- (hug)💙

Texasmama- you continue to amaze me...sending prayers your way. I'm not nearly as wrecked as you, but I've had a rough few weeks. I'll sit and be wrecked with you.💔

Lynn- your dh has been sucked in......ðŸ˜

It's sunday. I'm really hoping its a restful day. I need one. 😔

• Like 4

It's been a quiet, lazy day after a crazy, busy week. 

So, I'm doing the only logical thing a person would do in the face of more mundane tasks, I'm rethinking my great plan for school work next year, lol.  Well, that and laundry.  We can at least be clean when we leave the house, even if the house itself isn't very clean.  (Standards!)

• Like 3

I burst into tears in church today. We were singing "What a Friend We Have in Jesus". The last time I sang that was at my dad's funeral.

(((Jean)))

I've been emotionally fragile today. And I nearly lost it during dd16's voice recital this afternoon - she was singing "Home" from Beauty and the Beast. And then someone else sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and that nearly did me in.

• Like 5

O.M.G. I don't know why I thought to check my bank account today, but I'm glad I did. Dh and the girls went to the panaderia (bakery) this morning and spent about $24. I just checked the account and the card is being charged $243 and change. Not good. Not good at all. They are going back to the store tomorrow to get it straightened out. Hopefully the owner is there as we've known her for years.

• Like 4

O.M.G. I don't know why I thought to check my bank account today, but I'm glad I did. Dh and the girls went to the panaderia (bakery) this morning and spent about $24. I just checked the account and the card is being charged $243 and change. Not good. Not good at all. They are going back to the store tomorrow to get it straightened out. Hopefully the owner is there as we've known her for years.

That's a whole lotta baked goods!

• Like 3

Yikes!  Good thing you caught it so early.  I would call the card holder though and put a stop on it while you get it straightened out.  

It's the local bank. They'll just tell me to take it up with the store first anyway, and they're both closed until tomorrow. It's my debit card.

Yowzers!  That better be some mighty good pastry.  :scared:

• Like 2

20 minutes sucked down a black hole.

Awesome!

Except for the part where the person who compiled all these videos thought it would be great to record his own inane music over the sound in the original clips, even though you can still hear the sound, but not clearly. Sheesh.

• Like 1

Some trivia about tartans and kilts:

Each tartan is named and registered. The pattern, or sett, is determined by the number of threads of each color, not by the specific color, because there can be differences in color depending on...well, everything. :-)

A kilt is pleated one of two ways: by the sett, so that you can still see the pattern, or by the stripe, so that you see strips and not the whole sett. Usually, military kilts are pleated to the stripe.

There you go.

• Like 5