Menu

Ignore this thread!

#Elliealwaysaddsclasstoourthread

Aak.  I've gone over to the spaceless side and have done the hashtag thing but words that end and start with vowels smooshed together skeeve me out when done this way.  

I feel like we could use some class today.   :leaving:

• Like 3

Note to self: do not eat any goodies at the neighbor's house. She's trying to get me to try some medical marijuana brownies for my pain. Not happening. (I have addiction issues). I have no problem what she eats or imbibes and it is legal here both medically and recreationally. But don't push it on me!

Hey, but have you tried Magical Blue Essential Oil? I *just know* it will solve all your problems!!

#ducksbehindthesofapleasedonthurtme

• Like 8

This is how it is pronounced (roughly), but it is spelled yarmulke.

ETA:  When I read your yamaka, what I said in my head was "yah-muh-kuh".  In reality, the r is lightly pronounced.  Thus, the "roughly".

So, for all intensive purposes, irregardless of it all, get it right.

#nailsonchalkboard

#wellspokensnob

I realize you did that on purpose.

• Like 1

I sincerely hate when people come to my door to sell overpriced "educational" books and continue to give me the whole spiel even when I tell them 'thanks, but no'. I get he's (supposedly) in college and doing this as a summer job, but I don't want a questionably decent book that I can more than likely check out of the library. 

He was pretty cute though. 

Me too.  But then I just politely ask which neighbor gave them my name.

#revengeissweet

• Like 3

I don't think marijuana is *physically* addictive. You can obviously be addicted to anything, but that should be less addictive than a prescription pain medication. I think.

Uh, gonna disagree with you there, champ.  Almost two decades as a prosecutor; evidence I saw says otherwise.

• Like 1

They were Orthodox Jews. Apparently it's a thing (at least around here) to scare Muslim women like that. Lovely. I should have thrown them down the stairs.

:huh:

Maybe you'd be better off elsewhere, Slash.  Heck, that makes the scorpions look good less bad.

• Like 4

It's taken a looooooong time to read through the posts I've missed while playing tennis. I'm never going to be able to stay up late enough to catch the top of the next page and type Hooyah. So I'm going to do it now and start a new trend for post #20.

HOOYAH, eh!! Or en français "Où y'as (tu)?"

I have absolutely no idea if this French even means anything, but it sounds and looks pretty cool.  :laugh:  (I love the accents!)

• Like 5

Please take my funky poll on the Chat page. Thank you. http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/554349-so-do-you-get-up-or-get-down/

I'm totally not funk or funky or even know anything about funky. I don't "get up" or "get down" - I just plod along in my own little world, like a happy-go-lucky black lab. I tried to do your poll, but I'm too boring. 

• Like 4

I took the poll but don't truly understand it and am a few brain cells short to read articles.

I'm totally not funk or funky or even know anything about funky. I don't "get up" or "get down" - I just plod along in my own little world, like a happy-go-lucky black lab. I tried to do your poll, but I'm too boring. 

I posted a link to James Brown "Get on up." Perhaps I can turn it into an educational thread and post a couple more videos for get down and get on it...

How's that one for a frivolous thread, eh? I haven't done one of those before (that I can recall). It feels kinda good, ya know?

• Like 9

I posted a link to James Brown "Get on up." Perhaps I can turn it into an educational thread and post a couple more videos for get down and get on it...

How's that one for a frivolous thread, eh? I haven't done one of those before (that I can recall). It feels kinda good, ya know?

Yes! It could be a cross-cultural educational experience!  You educate me about getting up and getting down (keeping in mind that my hips do not move or jive), and I'll educate you about the frozen, northern part of our hemisphere, where no scorpions dare to roam.

• Like 4

I have been slowly cleaning the cat and kitten bathroom. It was scary in there. I am almost done with the initial phase.

Hornblower, what do I want to eliminate pee smell from porous grout in the floor?

A bb gun? (just kidding!) We have a cat who pees on all sorts of things. We're ready to toss him to the coyotes.

It's taken a looooooong time to read through the posts I've missed while playing tennis. I'm never going to be able to stay up late enough to catch the top of the next page and type Hooyah. So I'm going to do it now and start a new trend for post #20.

HOOYAH, eh!! Or en français "Où y'as (tu)?"

I have absolutely no idea if this French even means anything, but it sounds and looks pretty cool.  :laugh:  (I love the accents!)

Just for clarity, in French the "h" at the beginning of hooyah would be silent (or non-existant) and there would be no "h" at the end. There would probably be 15 silent vowels and consonants, though! 

• Like 3

Just out to curiosity, when did the pound sign (#) become a hashtag? I'm still back in the pound sign era and not likely to emerge anytime soon. My eyes do not read words with no spaces well at all.

It will probably always be a "sharp" to me.

True story - dh teaches a concert band class and last year one of his trumpet players asked how to play "that hashtag note". :D

• Like 9

Just out to curiosity, when did the pound sign (#) become a hashtag? I'm still back in the pound sign era and not likely to emerge anytime soon. My eyes do not read words with no spaces well at all.

Oh, thank you for this!  I always read those as *pound* statement.  I thought I was the only one!

Me :wub:  wintermom!

Hornblower, what do I want to eliminate pee smell from porous grout in the floor?

I thought all mothers of boys knew this? :laugh:  ( Pretty ironic that I can train any dog to sit in minutes but not my son....)

Nature's Miracle or Petastic. Apply it cover with damp, wrung out towel, repeat in about 4h.

How many times you repeat will depend on how bad you think it is. A couple applications might be enough or you might need more.

Wipe & let it dry. Then do the sniff test.

Repeat next day if necessary.

If when it dries you no longer smell anything, then seal the grout.

The key is to give it time to soak in and stay damp. The enzymes need time so if they dry out before they're done, they stop working.

• Like 4

My 4 year old was in tears before going to sleep today. She decided she did not, in fact, want to get married and have babies because she does not want to live in a different house apart from me. I told her we could live next to each other. She said, what about the people living there before? Where would they go? And continued to cry. I told her she had 20 years before it should even be on her radar. She continued to cry. I finally gave up and told her she didn't have to marry, and could live with me forever. She dried up and said, "thank you, mommy." Then nursed and went to sleep. Sigh...

Crazy kid.

• Like 7

My 4 year old was in tears before going to sleep today. She decided she did not, in fact, want to get married and have babies because she does not want to live in a different house apart from me. I told her we could live next to each other. She said, what about the people living there before? Where would they go? And continued to cry. I told her she had 20 years before it should even be on her radar. She continued to cry. I finally gave up and told her she didn't have to marry, and could live with me forever. She dried up and said, "thank you, mommy." Then nursed and went to sleep. Sigh...

Crazy kid.

When ds was 4, he was planning on marrying me.  Daddy would have been allowed to live next door. :lol:   He's almost 18 now, he never says that anymore. . . .!

• Like 8

When ds was 4, he was planning on marrying me.  Daddy would have been allowed to live next door. :lol:   He's almost 18 now, he never says that anymore. . . .!

Yep, first dd said she was going to marry dh. Then decided she'd rather marry me. I let her know we were both taken. So, she wondered how she would get a husband. I told her that God had someone perfect for her. We then prayed for her future husband (and her!).

• Like 7