Menu

Ignore this thread!

Raining Pineapples:  This one is for YOU, bay-bee! 

(This is SO my family tree.)

Quoting myself here:  I ran the one and only DISNEYLAND Marathon.  While training, my late (and dearly beloved) Daddy asked me, "Honey, why are you running?  Nobody is chasing you?"  :lol:

• Like 5

Oh my goodness, I was sitting here neglecting my school work, chuckling listening to the music from that but when they grabbed that runner I just busted out laughing.  Oh my word, can you imaging being that guy, running a race minding your business and some hill billy grabs you and drags you off the road rofl

• Like 3

OK I've got to ask. What's behind the hula videos? They must stem from somewhere. I know I've missed a bunch of the posts.

There are many random things in this thread. Just sayin'...

Somewhere, some time, I posted a hula because hunky men in skirts. :D And of course I had to post some of women because beautiful women dancers. And the ITT peeps enjoyed them, so I posted more. There were a few language and historical lessons along the way, as well.

That is all.

• Like 6

WOuld it sound weird if I said I had 3 cute chicks trapped in a box in my kitchen?

lol woke up to find 3 of the eggs hatched overnight, and a bunch more are starting to crack. it is very egg-citing :)

I have a guy tied up in my closet. Sounds like a different thing though.

• Like 7

I didn't know we were related! Come on over cuz and give me a hug.

I have a cousin named Bubba. True story.

:cheers2:

I had an uncle named Darwin.  I think he really was the missing link.

P.S. Henceforth, you shall be Cuzzin Slash.

• Like 5

Raining Pineapples: This one is for YOU, bay-bee!

OMW - if I could play banjo I would totally do that! The sound of a banjo is about the best motivation to run away fast that you can find. :D (Dh has made a washtub bass - I could try that out.) I think the military would be wise to recruit a whole troop of banjo players. I'll bet those guys had a blast!
  • Like 3

There are much better reasons to be jealous of me.

Of course there are.  You're fabulous.

But since my son has food allergies which include eggs and nuts, I have been known to exhibit jealous tendencies towards cookies.

• Like 1

Details, please! :bigear:

LOL - fairly boring.  I just politely refused to sign a form at my  new doctor's office - a blanket informed consent form that was saying that he could do anything or order anything for me and I was agreeing to it up front.  I was getting Tex texts cheering me on.  (I was a bit nervous about being "that patient".) Tex might be a BA but I'm a wimp and needed help channeling my inner Ninja elephant.   

• Like 7

Raining Pineapples:  This one is for YOU, bay-bee! 

This is a pretty weird set up - I think the guy in blue runners went by a few times in both directions.  :confused1:

Were I running by, I'd stop for the banjo and stuff a pineapple in the heckler's mouth. Quiet and let me listen to the music!  :laugh:

Don't think I could ever run a marathon. My hips would give out on me. I'd like to try for a half-marathon, though. 

I heard or read, once upon a time, that there is a marathon out on the west coast, where they have a guy with a piano at one mile marker, playing Chariots of Fire. That would be so cool.

• Like 4

That's okay.  I've got you all covered.  I'm a trooper that way.  In spite of the abuse. 

No abuse has been documented.  Carry on.

No sloppy kisses!  You can give those to Tex.  She's demonstrative that way.   :)

I'm actually pretty demonstrative.  :D

LOL - fairly boring.  I just politely refused to sign a form at my  new doctor's office - a blanket informed consent form that was saying that he could do anything or order anything for me and I was agreeing to it up front.  I was getting Tex texts cheering me on.  (I was a bit nervous about being "that patient".) Tex might be a BA but I'm a wimp and needed help channeling my inner Ninja elephant.   

Jean is more BA than she thinks.  She is just a little paranoid due to past experiences.  I am less BA than I look.  Like, I am really, really nice for 20 years and then you cross that line and I CUT YOU.

#bonquiquiproblems

• Like 3

Because it is on topic currently, I am doing a half marathon in December.  San Antonio Rock and Roll.  :D  Note that I never said "running a half marathon".  I am told one can walk.  And walk I will.  

I have not walked/jogged since Nan came to live with us, but I went out today with the dog.  It was noon.  It was almost 100 degrees.  I thought I would die of heat stroke.  But I'm back, baby.  :D

• Like 8

Because it is on topic currently, I am doing a half marathon in December.  San Antonio Rock and Roll.   :D  Note that I never said "running a half marathon".  I am told one can walk.  And walk I will.  

I have not walked/jogged since Nan came to live with us, but I went out today with the dog.  It was noon.  It was almost 100 degrees.  I thought I would die of heat stroke.  But I'm back, baby.   :D

Bleh.  In my running days, we lived in the heck-hole that is Central California.  We ran after work; ie, the hottest, smoggiest time of day.  I had to run with an inhaler.  I don't have asthma.

BTW, the "Rock and Roll" series is supposed to be fabulous.

• Like 2

Bleh.  In my running days, we lived in the heck-hole that is Central California.  We ran after work; ie, the hottest, smoggiest time of day.  I had to run with an inhaler.  I don't have asthma.

BTW, the "Rock and Roll" series is supposed to be fabulous.

I have no running days.  I have never run.  HA!  So it is a ridonkulous thing to do, but my overweight, out of shape friends have talked me into it, and we shall do it together.  I have no goals other than finishing.  I will smile, laugh, and do the Queen's wave as I pass the commoners (non marathon participants).  It will be fabulous.  :)

• Like 3

Don't think I could ever run a marathon. My hips would give out on me. I'd like to try for a half-marathon, though. 

I heard or read, once upon a time, that there is a marathon out on the west coast, where they have a guy with a piano at one mile marker, playing Chariots of Fire. That would be so cool.

When I ran the Disneyland Marathon, we ran through Anaheim Stadium.  Our names were announced over the sound system.  So, as I was running through, I got to hear "FA Sticky from Hometown Hometown Hometown."

It was so awesome.

• Like 9

I have no running days.  I have never run.  HA!  So it is a ridonkulous thing to do, but my overweight, out of shape friends have talked me into it, and we shall do it together.  I have no goals other than finishing.  I will smile, laugh, and do the Queen's wave as I pass the commoners (non marathon participants).  It will be fabulous.   :)

It will be awesome.  And walking is healthier anyway.  If you want to work on your pace, look into the Galloway method.  It's great for the athletically challenged (of whom I am one.)

• Like 1

Dd ran a 10K.  AKA a mom brag.  Since I can't even walk a 5k at the moment, I'm in awe of all of you.

I stated a health/pain log this morning for the new doc.  He didn't ask me to do this.  And he may totally diss it but I think it could be helpful.  

Wait. . . am I first for the first time ever?  Booya / Booyah !

This is the thread that never ends . . . etc. etc, etc.  

• Like 10

Dd ran a 10K.  AKA a mom brag.  Since I can't even walk a 5k at the moment, I'm in awe of all of you.

I stated a health/pain log this morning for the new doc.  He didn't ask me to do this.  And he may totally diss it but I think it could be helpful.  

Wait. . . am I first for the first time ever?  Booya / Booyah !

This is the thread that never ends . . . etc. etc, etc.  

He will not diss it.  I can feel it from here.

• Like 1