Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yep, first dd said she was going to marry dh. Then decided she'd rather marry me. I let her know we were both taken. So, she wondered how she would get a husband. I told her that God had someone perfect for her. We then prayed for her future husband (and her!).

Your dd is more reasonable than my kids were.  Dd was planning on bumping me off so that she could have Daddy all to herself!  

• Like 8

Only $5K. I have to stop reading now and bury my head in the sand.

Me too! My kids might get either some college OR braces. Yikes!!

I am fortunate to live in a state that pays us oil dividends (well, until the state gov't manages to get their hands on it), otherwise they might not even get that.

#stickershock

• Like 3

My 4 year old was in tears before going to sleep today. She decided she did not, in fact, want to get married and have babies because she does not want to live in a different house apart from me. I told her we could live next to each other. She said, what about the people living there before? Where would they go? And continued to cry. I told her she had 20 years before it should even be on her radar. She continued to cry. I finally gave up and told her she didn't have to marry, and could live with me forever. She dried up and said, "thank you, mommy." Then nursed and went to sleep. Sigh...

Crazy kid.

That's sweet!

Mine was worried about that too. She decided to marry our dog because he is never leaving our house either. It was a beautiful ceremony.

post-79360-0-81133300-1434032679_thumb.jpg

post-79360-0-81133300-1434032679_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I thought all mothers of boys knew this? :laugh:  ( Pretty ironic that I can train any dog to sit in minutes but not my son....)

Nature's Miracle or Petastic. Apply it cover with damp, wrung out towel, repeat in about 4h.

How many times you repeat will depend on how bad you think it is. A couple applications might be enough or you might need more.

Wipe & let it dry. Then do the sniff test.

Repeat next day if necessary.

If when it dries you no longer smell anything, then seal the grout.

The key is to give it time to soak in and stay damp. The enzymes need time so if they dry out before they're done, they stop working.

Thank you!  Just ordered some Nature's Miracle on deep discount at Amazon.com.

I have been spraying the tile down and wiping it off one bit at a time.  Then I will do it again.  This is the worst part of fostering...the clean up.  The worst spot is under the litter box.  And it does have an "off" smell, not just urine but something else bad.  This is the second cat bathroom I've had to clean up, and it it a big project.

• Like 1

My 4 year old was in tears before going to sleep today. She decided she did not, in fact, want to get married and have babies because she does not want to live in a different house apart from me. I told her we could live next to each other. She said, what about the people living there before? Where would they go? And continued to cry. I told her she had 20 years before it should even be on her radar. She continued to cry. I finally gave up and told her she didn't have to marry, and could live with me forever. She dried up and said, "thank you, mommy." Then nursed and went to sleep. Sigh...

Crazy kid.

When my kids said that they always want to live with me, I told them that they are welcome to live with me as long as they want.  That is a true statement.  But most kids eventually decide to live elsewhere so it is a self-correcting problem. :lol:

• Like 6

Since I did not earn Mother of the Year yesterday, I am planning on taking the kids to a small game place in town and for lunch.  College girl is coming to see us today.  Maybe she can help ground me.  Sometimes it works that way, now that she is a grown-up.  :)

Nan report:  I washed her hair in the bed today, and she tolerated it well.  It was not as hard as I had anticipated, actually.  Then I dried it and curled it, only I am no kind of old lady hair dresser, and I do not have the right equipment and was afraid I was going to burn her with the curling iron.  But it is a slight improvement.  A for effort.  She has not eaten anything since some banana two days ago so that makes one banana total over 11 days.  She is still drinking some.  She is as lucid as a dying person with Alzheimer's gets.  She likes me.  She always did.  :)

• Like 9

Crazy kid.

Not a crazy kid, a loving mommy.

When DD was 5-6ish, we lived near a community college.  One day she pointed it and said, "I'll go there someday."  Neurotic me, "Oh, no, baby.  You'll go to a university, which is much bigger..."  Which, of course, led to, "Where's that, Mommy?"  So, when we got to the "it's not here" part, the result was hysterical tears.  Our solution: "No problem, baby.  Mommy will go with you."  She thought it sounded like fun and that was the plan until about a year ago.  (She's almost 13 now, for reference.)

• Like 3

When my kids said that they always want to live with me, I told them that they are welcome to live with me as long as they want. That is a true statement. But most kids eventually decide to live elsewhere so it is a self-correcting problem. :lol:

Me too, especially considering the opportunities available to a late teen early twenty something that doesn't have to pay rent. Not that I'm opposed to charging rent, but if I had a child that wanted to intern for a year for very little pay I would want them to be able to take it.

• Like 2

Did I tell you folks that if I was to start a blog at this time in my life, I would entitled it "Asperger's and Alzheimers"? Hands down, Alzheimers is easier. Points for alliteration for me.

That depends on the extent of both. I'm sorry for your struggles. At least they're great struggles.

• Like 1

Did I tell you folks that if I was to start a blog at this time in my life, I would entitled it "Asperger's and Alzheimers"?  Hands down, Alzheimers is easier.  Points for alliteration for me.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 2

Thank you!  Just ordered some Nature's Miracle on deep discount at Amazon.com.

I have been spraying the tile down and wiping it off one bit at a time.  Then I will do it again.  This is the worst part of fostering...the clean up.  The worst spot is under the litter box.  And it does have an "off" smell, not just urine but something else bad.  This is the second cat bathroom I've had to clean up, and it it a big project.

One of the things I do NOT miss since at present I have no kittehs living in my home. :glare:

I have the great luxury of having three extra bathrooms.

I know.

so I decided one day to keep the litter box in a rarely-used bathtub. best.decision.ever.

• Like 3

Crazy kid.

DD6 reported to me this morning that her BFF taught her to do this cute little curtsy-smiley thing "because then the boy will marry you."  

"So," says DD6 to me, "I tried it this morning on DS7." 

"Hmmmm...How'd that work out for you?" says I.

Sigh and shrug.  "He beat me up."

• Like 11

DD6 reported to me this morning that her BFF taught her to do this cute little curtsy-smiley thing "because then the boy will marry you."  

"So," says DD6 to me, "I tried it this morning on DS7." 

"Hmmmm...How'd that work out for you?" says I.

Sigh and shrug.  "He beat me up."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

When my kids said that they always want to live with me, I told them that they are welcome to live with me as long as they want.  That is a true statement.  But most kids eventually decide to live elsewhere so it is a self-correcting problem. :lol:

Yes, my oldest can't wait to get out of the house now. She says she'll miss me though. :)

• Like 3

Me too, especially considering the opportunities available to a late teen early twenty something that doesn't have to pay rent. Not that I'm opposed to charging rent, but if I had a child that wanted to intern for a year for very little pay I would want them to be able to take it.

I lived at home until I was about 23. I was working, and all my money went to paying for college. My parents did not charge me rent. I did take over dinner and a lot of the grocery shopping. It was a great arrangement.

• Like 6

This is DDs new favorite song.

It was pretty okay the first thousand times I heard it.  At high volume.

DD15 heard "1, 2, 3, 4" and immediately sang "get on the dance floor." New video we had just finished watching that I posted on the GUGD thread.

• Like 1

That depends on the extent of both. I'm sorry for your struggles. At least they're great struggles.

At this point, I am finding it much simpler to walk Nan to heaven than to walk my teen to adulthood well-prepared.  

Ironically, my best friend also has a son with ASD (and a dh with ASD), and her family lives with her mom and dad, who has Alzheimers.

• Like 2

To be sung to the tune of Despicable Me

We're having an Aspie day

Nothing in the world ever goes my way

The sky is falling, don't you see

Huh, you're laughing at me

We're having an Aspie day

I will argue with you, come what may

I see the world in black and white

Huh, I'm always right.

(I love  my Aspie very much.  Some days are just very challenging.)

• Like 7